Standalone IP Camera or NVR System?

Reaction score
Thank you very much looney and mat. I will never look back at zmodo and funlux again.

I apologize not to note that what I need is a system over wifi only. Don't want to run cat5/6 cables around the house because it's quite big. The house is unfortunately not built for these cables and I am really disappointed. So I have to use wireless tech.

i will check these links out. Thanks a lot!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you very much looney and mat. I will never look back at zmodo and funlux again.

I apologize not to note that what I need is a system over wifi only. Don't want to run cat5/6 cables around the house because it's quite big. The house is unfortunately not built for these cables and I am really disappointed. So I have to use wireless tech.

i will check these links out. Thanks a lot!
HI Oliver,

WiFi cameras still need power, so somehow you need to run those cables around the house... which often turns to be about the same amount of work as running cat5e/6 around the house, and as WiFi security cameras have more reliability issues most of us would rather just skip the headaches and go wired cat5e/6 and wired IP PoE cameras. If you own the house it is completely worth the time to do it.

Reaction score
HI Oliver,

WiFi cameras still need power, so somehow you need to run those cables around the house... which often turns to be about the same amount of work as running cat5e/6 around the house, and as WiFi security cameras have more reliability issues most of us would rather just skip the headaches and go wired cat5e/6 and wired IP PoE cameras. If you own the house it is completely worth the time to do it.
The house has power outlets almost on every corner of the ceiling outside so there's no problem with power.

If I go full wired I'll have to run cat5/6 cables about 15-40 meters x 6-7 cameras.. I'm also thinking about this right now how I am going to run wires neatly..

I also own the house.

Thank you very much Mat.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The house has power outlets almost on every corner of the ceiling outside so there's no problem with power.

If I go full wired I'll have to run cat5/6 cables about 15-40 meters x 6-7 cameras.. I'm also thinking about this right now how I am going to run wires neatly..

I also own the house.

Thank you very much Mat.
Hi Oliver,

If you decide to pull cat5e/6 cables - I would recommend pulling N+1 cables to each location ( that is pull an extra one ) as often later there maybe a location or 2 you may want to add another PoE device, such as another camera or IR illuminator, or...