Sunba HZ507-20XB Mini Dome PTZ Camera

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
@ ssatyer, i did set some presets in the camera when i had it connected to the lan and connecting to the camera with the CMS that comes with it.
But from the dahua i can't seem to call the presets that i have set?!?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1qttf8a6fcng0g5/20160204065958.mp4?dl=0
Quality is not great since it is substream and made by phone but you see whats going on.

@Lulu,
Thats the same thing i thought off.
I already do this with a timer that turns the power off for the accespoint that i have setup as receiver to feed the recorder.
This powers the device of for a few seconds at night , otherwise the connection will fail after a while.
Not sure where the problem is at this point, wifi from the neighbors or the AP im using, or combination of both.
But this will be hopefully solved by tomorrow since i am going to install for them 3 ubiquity unifi AP's
Will make my signal better as well :)

So for now, its is ok again but i do not hope this is the beginning of something bad :sad2:
When I first got this camera I thought to myself, that it seems very well built and heavy for it's size. The only thing that I thought was cheap was the power adapter. It seemed pretty light weight and if ever start having problems with my camera that will be one of the first things I check.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm feeling like a disenchanted spirit here. Can anyone see my posts? Speed of panning... is anyone seeing speeds approaching the advertised 200°/sec (third time requesting input from others)...

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm feeling like a disenchanted spirit here. Can anyone see my posts? Speed of panning... is anyone seeing speeds approaching the advertised 200°/sec (third time requesting input from others)...
I replied to your post earlier in this thread saying it takes my camera 11 seconds to go 180 degrees. It's no speed demon, but it pans faster than my 2 Huisun cameras.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I replied to your post earlier in this thread saying it takes my camera 11 seconds to go 180 degrees. It's no speed demon, but it pans faster than my 2 Huisun cameras.
Sorry - bit red-faced. I don't know why, but I only seem to get about half of the post notifications here. Are you powering your camera directly or through PoE injectors? I wonder how the sellers can claim 200°/sec (which would be 10x faster than what you're seeing). Perhaps there is a setting somewhere?

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
On the fastest setting it takes 8-1/2 seconds to go 180° on mine. I'd be amazed to see one go 200° in one second. I wouldn't expect it to last too long doing that either...

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
On the fastest setting it takes 8-1/2 seconds to go 180° on mine. I'd be amazed to see one go 200° in one second. I wouldn't expect it to last too long doing that either...
That's probably smoking fast, agreed. But I find that the current 10+ seconds to move 180 is just too slow to be practical to move on triggering events. For example, if the camera is facing due West at gate 1, and someone opens gate 2, 180° away facing due East, by the time the camera pans over to the new target, whatever triggered it is long gone or through the gate.

I guess it's more the principle. Ssayer, your's is the best at 8.5 seconds. But even at that, that would be nearly 10x slower than what is advertised. I can see fudging or embellishing, but that's outright deception.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Actually, as always you are looking at two things in those specs.
1. Chinese unrealistic claims
2. Chinese translations

I see where it says, "Rotation Speed - .01°-200°/S" ..... the question is... what exactly does that mean? :p

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Sorry - bit red-faced. I don't know why, but I only seem to get about half of the post notifications here. Are you powering your camera directly or through PoE injectors? I wonder how the sellers can claim 200°/sec (which would be 10x faster than what you're seeing). Perhaps there is a setting somewhere?
Maybe there is a hidden turbo mode special preset. When I first got the camera I tested inside the house with power adapter directly connected to a power plug. I noticed the panning speed was about the same I see with my camera installed outside. I'm using a 30 ft Cat. 5e cable with those passive injectors. Could be worth asking the seller about the panning speed. For me it doesn't matter much as my camera isn't used for any security use at it's current location.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Maybe there is a hidden turbo mode special preset. When I first got the camera I tested inside the house with power adapter directly connected to a power plug. I noticed the panning speed was about the same I see with my camera installed outside. I'm using a 30 ft Cat. 5e cable with those passive injectors. Could be worth asking the seller about the panning speed. For me it doesn't matter much as my camera isn't used for any security use at it's current location.
I will ask the seller when they get back from their Chinese holiday on the 15th. That's what I'm hoping - that there is some sort of hidden accelerated mode. The purpose for my camera is to overlook a 1000' bluff at my vacation home so I can watch the seasons change and wildlife roam in the back hills of middle-TN - so not having the advertised speed is not a deal breaker.

Here's the view from the bedroom window:

2016-02-04_20-54-09.jpg

It'll be neat to have 10+ presets where the camera will go to each one, snap photo (w/BI) once every 6 hours or so... Should provide for some really nice season-changing timelapse videos.

I would like to get a couple of these for my main home for security, and not having the ability to quickly snap from one area of interest to another would keep me from getting this model.

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, its just a cheap switched psu.
But i measured how much the camera needed at the rated power and it was not even coming close as the psu was rated for.
So maybe it has some bad parts but it definitely is not running on his max.
Let's hope it is a bad part/psu because otherwise i have no idea where to look, and sending the camera back then risking of getting another tax bill when returned, let alone the costs for shipping.
No thanks.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Maybe there is a hidden turbo mode special preset.
I have a pan speed setting in my Preset 95 menu that may give you some joy.

I did a test on my rotation speed and got 1.36 seconds for 180 degrees using presets.

Last edited by a moderator:

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I have a pan speed setting in my Preset 95 menu that may give you some joy.

I did a test on my rotation speed and got 1.36 seconds for 180 degrees using presets.
Interesting... what is that option called? I have about 10 items, but none of them are called pan speed. Frame speed, yes but setting that from 0 to 31 (and every value in between) didn't seem to make any difference in the pan rate. I wonder if there are different firmware versions...

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Interesting... what is that option called? I have about 10 items, but none of them are called pan speed. Frame speed, yes but setting that from 0 to 31 (and every value in between) didn't seem to make any difference in the pan rate. I wonder if there are different firmware versions...
This is the camera SyconsciousAu has:

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bewevhP2

It is a full size dome that cost much more than the Sunba Mini Dome. The optical zoom is the same, but it has a lot more features than the Sunba Mini Dome has.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
So, I just looked at my cam's video and I see that some time in the last few hours, I suddenly have a "NONE" in the upper left hand corner of the cam's video. I went all through the menus and couldn't find where to turn it off anywhere. I hit Preset 1, and all of a sudden, "NONE" changed to "PRESET 1" (2 changed to PRESET 2, etc). I just could not get that GUI feature to turn off. I ended up hitting reset for OSD and it's now gone. I don't have a clue what turned it on as I hadn't messed with it since yesterday. I wonder if this camera dreams... (I, ROBOT) :p

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
So, I just looked at my cam's video and I see that some time in the last few hours, I suddenly have a "NONE" in the upper left hand corner of the cam's video. I went all through the menus and couldn't find where to turn it off anywhere. I hit Preset 1, and all of a sudden, "NONE" changed to "PRESET 1" (2 changed to PRESET 2, etc). I just could not get that GUI feature to turn off. I ended up hitting reset for OSD and it's now gone. I don't have a clue what turned it on as I hadn't messed with it since yesterday. I wonder if this camera dreams... (I, ROBOT) :p
That's strange, it appears to have happened on my camera today too. I did make some changes today, I was checking different camera parameters when I noticed mine starting saying the "Preset #" when it was moving to a preset. I had never noticed that before. I didn't see any "None" displayed though. I wonder if this camera could be getting commands from China? I checked all the "NetService" settings and everything is turned off by default except for something called "Cloud". The only thing inside cloud is the MTU Byte setting. This camera does seem to have a mind of it's own.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
That's strange, it appears to have happened on my camera today too. I did make some changes today, I was checking different camera parameters when I noticed mine starting saying the "Preset #" when it was moving to a preset. I had never noticed that before. I didn't see any "None" displayed though. I wonder if this camera could be getting commands from China? I checked all the "NetService" settings and everything is turned off by default except for something called "Cloud". The only thing inside cloud is the MTU Byte setting. This camera does seem to have a mind of it's own.
This is a very good reason to isolate these cameras from direct internet access. Unless you absolutely have to access the cameras directly from outside your LAN, putting it on a sub-domain (which is prohibited from WAN access) is a simple and effective way to prevent those phone-home incidences. Call me paranoid, but I just don't trust any camera manufacturer to not leave a backdoor on the interface. I had a Foscam clone a few years ago that actually had a Chinese server fully credentialed on the SMTP and FTP settings. It's the things you DON'T see or know about that pose huge security implications.