Sunba HZ507-20XB Mini Dome PTZ Camera

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
This is a very good reason to isolate these cameras from direct internet access. Unless you absolutely have to access the cameras directly from outside your LAN, putting it on a sub-domain (which is prohibited from WAN access) is a simple and effective way to prevent those phone-home incidences. Call me paranoid, but I just don't trust any camera manufacturer to not leave a backdoor on the interface. I had a Foscam clone a few years ago that actually had a Chinese server fully credentialed on the SMTP and FTP settings. It's the things you DON'T see or know about that pose huge security implications.
Okay, I just figured it out on my camera. I was also messing with Special Presets 93 and 94. The seller told me this toggled the Zoom Display On and Off. Special Preset #93 actually turns on the Preset Display On and #94 Turns the display Off. I was trying to get the zoom display turned on, so I was messing with this setting. I don't think the camera is communicating with China, though, I guess you never know.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Okay, I just figured it out on my camera. I was also messing with Special Presets 93 and 94. The seller told me this toggled the Zoom Display On and Off. Special Preset #93 actually turns on the Preset Display On and #94 Turns the display Off. I was trying to get the zoom display turned on, so I was messing with this setting. I don't think the camera is communicating with China, though, I guess you never know.
Yes, and I prefer to err on the side of caution. Nothing like having someone with a backdoor to your LAN.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Mine is blocked from all activity on the internet through my firewall.

I backtracked and see that it happened immediately after I exited looking through all the settings in Preset 95. It's not that I knowingly changed anything. All I did was call the preset and then scroll through the two pages of settings (only reset and exit on page 2). When it timed out and turned off, the "NONE" stayed as part of my OSD. Since we have no real documentation for what all is what, it could certainly be that I unknowingly did something...

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I posted the question about camera pan speed over at Sunba's Amazon site. Interestingly enough, for that listing, they have the speed rated at 30°/s, not 200°/sec. That comes out to 6 seconds for a 180°. Here's Sunba's response:

Model 507-20XB is a middle speed camera with a maximum speed of 30 degree/s as relative to 601-D20X and 805-D20XB.
You can try setting the stepsize to be 8 (default is 4) on the PTZ control menu. In addition, the camera reaches its highest pan speed when it is moving between presets.
Please see if this helps and feel free to contact us via support@sunba.net for any questions.

I guess the "MINI" in the "MINI speed dome camera" that is written on the cardboard box refers to the speed, not the size? They should have called it "Middle speed dome camera" :)

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

schundg

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, so I've been working diligently to solve the "login timeout" error message each time I tried via CMS or IE to access the camera configuration. I spent hours "mucking" around with all different types of things.

Finally, today I got Sunba to respond by logging into my BI server via Teamviewer. It turns out that the media port (34567) was set to 80 which conflicted with the HTTP port 80. :rolleyes: They worked some magic to reset the camera and they logged in. I am now able to login to the camera using IE 11 Windows 7 (they lied) and I am also able to login via CMS and "muck" around with the settings.

Once that was completed, I was able to add the camera to BI using the setting posted in this forum. (BTW: I am running BI 3.66). I am now able to use the PTZ and focus controls in BI. All is well. will try some presets now.

I have to get busy now and mount the camera outside and then "muck" with the IQ and motion detection.

Thanks all for your help and suggestions. Geez, in a matter of minutes all of the frustration and disappointment was relieved .. Thanks Sunba!

I hope this helps someone else avoid such a problem.

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, i hope your camera's will the right ones.
Because mine is "officially" broken.

It started with the strange behaviour that i posted before, scanning a pattern or something he created, left right up down etc.
Then i took the power plug out and waited a few seconds, rebooted it and it worked again.

A little later i noticed that there was no IR on at night, 2 days later or so.
Not really bothering me but still strange because i have never entered the preset menu, then i turned the camera to another position and left it there.
Since yesterday it has not been moving anymore, only thing that works is the zoom in and zoom out, IR is off also.

Today i went to my place to reset the camera again by the power off/on way, but it does not turn anymore when i plug in the power again.
Also changed the power supply,that did not matter at all since someone said here it could be the psu.

Movie is made by my phone but it gives the idea, only when zooming it will work.
So that's actually the first camera from the maybe 60 or so in my camera life i have bought and is broken, this is a record holder since it is broken after maybe 4 weeks or service.......
Great !

Contacting the seller now.
I think the stepper motor is broken, or the board that controls it, does not really explain why the IR does not work.
PFf have to build the scaffolding again and take it off then !.

So beware buying this piece of SH%T, the image is ok, and well the housing looks rigid but the guts aren't that great.
At least not in mine.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Seriously, one camera having issues does not make all the cams a piece of crap. I don't care what item you buy, there will always be lemons...

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Seriously, one camera having issues does not make all the cams a piece of crap. I don't care what item you buy, there will always be lemons...
I agree with @Ssayer. While your feedback is absolutely vital to the rest of us - so we know what to look for, every manufacturer will have issues. For so many systems to fail on yours seems like it might be an electrical/power supply issue. Have you measured the output of the adapter? I would think that if the voltage is too low, features would start to fail. Just a guess.

Either way, even if you have a total lemon, until there is a pattern (or really $^|**y customer service/support), I would not dismiss a vendor on just one bad experience. That said, I'm sorry you're going through that, and can only hope that you're the only one (nothing personal).

Last edited by a moderator:

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As I said at the Last line " at least not in mine". So it doesn't matter what way you look into it. This is a piece of shit. ( as in This one i have)
You can't deny that?!
Not saying all are but as a caution beware!

Thanks for the tip for the psu but tried it already with a 12v 60a psu. That should be sufficient I guess haha.
And with the vendor is nothing wrong , also never said that anywhere.
Always nice and helpful, hope they still are now when this happened but time will tell.
Already contacted them and showed them the video. Also from before told them that something was wrong if they have experienced it before. They told me there tech support team would look into it, as far that says something.
Still watch out before you buy the same shit as I have bought.

Going to try it when I arrive tomorrow with my laptop connected to it. But I don't think it will make any difference since the led is off as well.
But then I am the seller 1 step ahead since that is probably the first they would suggest to do.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
As I said at the Last line " at least not in mine". So it doesn't matter what way you look into it. This is a piece of shit. ( as in This one i have)
You can't deny that?!
Not saying all are but as a caution beware!

Thanks for the tip for the psu but tried it already with a 12v 60a psu. That should be sufficient I guess haha.
And with the vendor is nothing wrong , also never said that anywhere.
Always nice and helpful, hope they still are now when this happened but time will tell.
Already contacted them and showed them the video. Also from before told them that something was wrong if they have experienced it before. They told me there tech support team would look into it, as far that says something.
Still watch out before you buy the same shit as I have bought.

Going to try it when I arrive tomorrow with my laptop connected to it. But I don't think it will make any difference since the led is off as well.
But then I am the seller 1 step ahead since that is probably the first they would suggest to do.
vincenttor:
Please keep us informed what the seller says about your camera. The seller does read the forum posts, so you should update your Installation thread's first post and clearly state the Sunba camera's model number and the problem that it developed as a warning to others. If you get any feedback from the seller, make sure you also keep your installation thread updated. Best of luck.

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, will do this !
And i expect they will send me a new board or something after some tests.
At least i hope it goes like this, since sending back will be quite expensive and i do not like to pay that of course.
Because when i receive it back, customs will most likely grab my package out of the pile and charge me again with tax/import duties ..
This has happened before :S

Covack

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, so I've been working diligently to solve the "login timeout" error message each time I tried via CMS or IE to access the camera configuration. I spent hours "mucking" around with all different types of things.

Finally, today I got Sunba to respond by logging into my BI server via Teamviewer. It turns out that the media port (34567) was set to 80 which conflicted with the HTTP port 80. :rolleyes: They worked some magic to reset the camera and they logged in. I am now able to login to the camera using IE 11 Windows 7 (they lied) and I am also able to login via CMS and "muck" around with the settings.

Once that was completed, I was able to add the camera to BI using the setting posted in this forum. (BTW: I am running BI 3.66). I am now able to use the PTZ and focus controls in BI. All is well. will try some presets now.

I have to get busy now and mount the camera outside and then "muck" with the IQ and motion detection.

Thanks all for your help and suggestions. Geez, in a matter of minutes all of the frustration and disappointment was relieved .. Thanks Sunba!

I hope this helps someone else avoid such a problem.
If I could have spotted your post about the timeout, I could of saved You some grief. I ran into the same problem with a hikvision cam, took me about a week to figure it out
I'm glad You got it sorted out

Covack

n3wb
Reaction score
I ordered a Sunba 507 about a week ago, shipping delayed because of Chinese New Year
I also noticed in Blue Iris tonight, Sunba is listed in the drop down list

schundg

n3wb
Reaction score
If I could have spotted your post about the timeout, I could of saved You some grief. I ran into the same problem with a hikvision cam, took me about a week to figure it out
I'm glad You got it sorted out
No harm, no foul Covack, hopefully our experience will prevent someone else from experiencing the grief. Sunba "customer service" should have responded sooner and saved about a week of grief. I had to file (and later cancel) a dispute with AliExpress to get them to respond appropriately ... I shouldn't have had to do that. I'm happy the camera is as good as many members have declared.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
I ordered a Sunba 507 about a week ago, shipping delayed because of Chinese New Year
I also noticed in Blue Iris tonight, Sunba is listed in the drop down list
When I got my camera, the Sunba selections in Blue Iris did not work for me, so that is why I ended up using the "xmeye" selection that is recommended earlier in this thread. I recently updated my Blue Iris to version 4.2.9.1 x64, but I haven't tried the Sunba selections to see if anything as changed. If they work for you, please let us know.

Covack

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been reading all the post on the 507, I saw were the Xmeye was used, I will give BI a try though
thanks for all of You sharing info

Covack

n3wb
Reaction score
Are there any spec's on the camera mount, I want to tack weld a mounting plate to a pole, pre drill for mounting
screws.
Do any of You, have the size of the mount and screw hole placement
thanks

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Are there any spec's on the camera mount, I want to tack weld a mounting plate to a pole, pre drill for mounting
screws.
Do any of You, have the size of the mount and screw hole placement
thanks
I haven't seen any official spec's on the camera's mount. You can see the base of the mount on the pictures I posted at the beginning of this thread. It is approximately just under 5 inches in height, and just slight over 3 inches in width. It might not be clear from the photo I posted, but there are 2 places on the base of the mount that you can use to thread the cable through the base of the mount. Vincenttor's installation thread contains pictures of a custom mount made for this Sunba camera.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
No sooner did I PTZ (20x at about 100' from the cam) over to him than he took off, but... Heeeeeere's Woody! ;)

Sunba.20160215_130000_1.jpg