Picture quality is great

Is there anyway to change cameras IP address from standard 192.168.1.10
also is there a tech support email, I can ask questions
tks

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When you login onto internet explorer and 192.168.1.10 ,
from there on you can set the camera on another address when you go into the menu.
It's called NETWORK and you will see it right away.

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When I got my camera, the Sunba selections in Blue Iris did not work for me, so that is why I ended up using the "xmeye" selection that is recommended earlier in this thread. I recently updated my Blue Iris to version 4.2.9.1 x64, but I haven't tried the Sunba selections to see if anything as changed. If they work for you, please let us know.

So whats up with Blueiris, i installed 4.2.8.5 and i wanted to add my PTZ cam the sunba model to it.
This all works, i have a image, but the controls do not work.
The solution for setting it at PTZ control - Network IP- and then Xmeye does not excist anymore.
How can set the right one ? there is no sunba in the list as well.
So basically i can't ptz anymore (except from the part that it is still broken Pan/tilt)

Anyone else got this problem ?

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Mine works (4.3.0.7 ... but it's worked in all the ones between yours and mine, so...)

Camera Properties

Video
Make - xmeye
Model - H.264 port 34567
Media Port - 34567
Discovery Port - 8999

PTZ
Enable
Network IP - IPC/CantonK

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks allot !
Strange because i had it first at Xmeye at the ptz settings.
When i pressed detect it did not found the right setting.
Now it works again ;) and can give the Seller acces to the computer so he can do his test to see what is wrong with the cam in there opinion.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Anyone see any new firmware on this yet? One thing I'd like to do is adjust the brightness/contrast (can only do it in IE, not CMS), and have it stick. Currently, as soon as I close the pop up, it reverts back to default.

BTW, have you checked the price on these lately? $249!!! :eek:

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Anyone see any new firmware on this yet? One thing I'd like to do is adjust the brightness/contrast (can only do it in IE, not CMS), and have it stick. Currently, as soon as I close the pop up, it reverts back to default.

BTW, have you checked the price on these lately? $249!!! :eek:
Seems like a big price increase since early January when I paid $167.90 total (shipping included)! If you scroll down the product's AliExpress web page you can still see the old under $200 prices listed.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Edit: The following does not do the whole job. The settings for "Infrared On" change the image for both day and night images. The settings for "Infrared Off" do nothing.

Ok, finally figured this out. If you want to change brightness/contrast/saturation/Hue/Sharpness on this thing (and you get different settings for infrared Off and Infrared On!!!), here's what you do:

Open the Sunba in Internet Explorer (you can't do this in CMS)
On the right side, Select "Other"
From there, select "Color" (the "Color" immediately below "Other") (a window will pop up)
Make your changes for day (or night) to make it to your liking (depending on whether it's day or night :p )
Do NOT close the pop up window (if you close the pop up window, your changes are lost)
Select "Reboot" (on the right side)
As soon as you lose the camera in Blue Iris (because it's rebooting), close Internet Explorer
The settings will be saved (YAY!). The new settings stay saved when you open that pop up again.

Do the same thing for night (or day if you've done night first)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Well, that was a big fat zero... It shows different settings for "IR off" and "IR on" but... the only settings that make changes to the actual image are on the "IR off" side. So here we still are with the need for different settings for each period as each really does need different settings. Contrast at 65 for the day is fantastic but way too noisy for my taste for night time. Contrast at 45 eliminates a lot of the noise at night, but is way too dark for day time...

(Maybe tomorrow I can play with saturation and get daytime better as it makes no difference to the night view). Funny thing, when you hit the reboot button and the camera comes back, the IR lights don't work until you do a cold boot on the camera...

Last edited by a moderator:

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Well, that was a big fat zero... It shows different settings for "IR off" and "IR on" but... the only settings that make changes to the actual image are on the "IR off" side. So here we still are with the need for different settings for each period as each really does need different settings. Contrast at 65 for the day is fantastic but way too noisy for my taste for night time. Contrast at 45 eliminates a lot of the noise at night, but is way too dark for day time...

(Maybe tomorrow I can play with saturation and get daytime better as it makes no difference to the night view). Funny thing, when you hit the reboot button and the camera comes back, the IR lights don't work until you do a cold boot on the camera...
Appreciate your efforts and postings. This camera does seem to have it's share of quirks. It still is a nice camera for it's size. Too bad about the price increase, I'm wouldn't pay the current price for one right now. I see they have an even smaller camera than this mini dome, but it appears to be made of plastic (I think it says polymer for the housing). Price is just under $150 for the 4X 1080P version (2.8mm to 12mm).

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Despite the quirks, it's a real nice camera. Especially with the 360° pan, 20x zoom, and setup for an external microphone (Huisun just came out with their 10x having the audio jack for an external microphone). At the original price point, I would go for it over the Huisun any day (I own both). At the new price point, the Huisun is the clear winner (IMHO)...

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I've sent another email to Sunba with my latest findings. Hopefully we can get some of these quirks fixed. :)

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Seems like a big price increase since early January when I paid $167.90 total (shipping included)! If you scroll down the product's AliExpress web page you can still see the old under $200 prices listed.
Could it be the difference of the XB model vs the XC model?

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Could it be the difference of the XB model vs the XC model?
I purchased the XB model for $167.90 (with free shipping) in January. Now it is $249 with free shipping. The XC is over $300 when you include the shipping (not free with this model). I'm still not sure what the difference is between these 2 models though. Their website product web pages are very confusing.

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I purchased the XB model for $167.90 (with free shipping) in January. Now it is $249 with free shipping. The XC is over $300 when you include the shipping (not free with this model). I'm still not sure what the difference is between these 2 models though. Their website product web pages are very confusing.
I made an inquiry to Sunba and they claim to be having problems with the XC working with Blue Iris. They referred me back to the XB via Amazon and it was @ $299.

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Actually, the one on Amazon they linked me to was a different model, 601, which is supposed to have PoE.

johnal46

n3wb
Reaction score
I received the Amazon Sunba 601 2mp a few days ago. It works ok on Blue Iris with PTZ and presets. No PoE on my cam. They said that model was a week away.
A 360 pan is about five seconds and it does tilt above the horizon. John

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Got a reply from Sunba about what I feel is the need to be able to adjust the day images and night images differently. Unfortunately, they quoted my post (#230) word for word as a fix, but missed my post (#231) where I updated that it didn't quite work out. I just edited post #230 to reflect that. At least we know 100% for sure now that they are aware of this thread, eh? That can only be good as they have feedback here on issues that need to be addressed to really make this camera good!