Sunba HZ507-20XB Mini Dome PTZ Camera

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
You can reset the camera from CMS. Click the center button on the PTZ control. That brings up the menu 95 options. Click up twice to get to the reset command on the second page. Then click the right arrow. You'll see "OK" when it's done (about 5 seconds). This clears all the presets and variables on the menu 95 page.

On an aside, when I call for a preset that is 180° from the current position, how long should that take? Moving between presets seems to be the fastest movement (certainly faster than manually clicking the arrows in BI). Mine takes upwards of 18 seconds for a 180° turn. I have the 'speed' slider set to 8 - the highest value possible in the CMS software.

schundg

n3wb
Reaction score
You can reset the camera from CMS. Click the center button on the PTZ control. That brings up the menu 95 options. Click up twice to get to the reset command on the second page. Then click the right arrow. You'll see "OK" when it's done (about 5 seconds). This clears all the presets and variables on the menu 95 page.
Hi and thanks for the feedback. The trouble I'm having is that I cannot log into the camera. When using the ip address directly in IE, I get the message "login timeout". When I try using CMS, I cannot add the camera through System > Device Manager. When I try adding the device, I get the message "login timeout".

I can't even get to the screen that shows the PTZ controls.

I hope this helps to clarify my trouble.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score

On an aside, when I call for a preset that is 180° from the current position, how long should that take? Moving between presets seems to be the fastest movement (certainly faster than manually clicking the arrows in BI). Mine takes upwards of 18 seconds for a 180° turn. I have the 'speed' slider set to 8 - the highest value possible in the CMS software.
My Sumba camera seems to move at a pretty good clip. Seems to move faster than my 2 Huisun Mini PTZ cameras. I just tested the Sunba in Blue Iris. For 180 movement it takes 11 seconds. The Cat 5e cable I'm using with passive splitters is 30 feet long.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi and thanks for the feedback. The trouble I'm having is that I cannot log into the camera. When using the ip address directly in IE, I get the message "login timeout". When I try using CMS, I cannot add the camera through System > Device Manager. When I try adding the device, I get the message "login timeout".

I can't even get to the screen that shows the PTZ controls.

I hope this helps to clarify my trouble.
Any chance you have another Windows computer to test with your Sunba?

I just tested my Sunba with an old netbook computer HP Mini 210. It just has an Atom N450 CPU running at 1.66GHz and Windows 7 Home Premium. I was able to connect to my Sunba with it. Controlling the PTZ had a lot of lag, but it did work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Just because this isn't something you normally think about (I've only got two cameras that have any need for higher numbered presets), I changed preset #10 to output 95 to my Sunba. Selecting #10 now brings up the menu on the cam in BI where you can use your arrow keys to adjust whatever.

95.PNG

#95 might not be important to you, but this technique would make any of the higher commands available. I'm hoping that I can convince them to add DWDR on and off (like 86 + CALL = DWDR ON and 87 + CALL = DWDR OFF) as higher presets in a future firmware update. That would make Day and Night scheduling sooooo much better...

schundg

n3wb
Reaction score
Any chance you have another Windows computer to test with your Sunba?

I just tested my Sunba with an old netbook computer HP Mini 210. It just has an Atom N450 CPU running at 1.66GHz and Windows 7 Home Premium. I was able to connect to my Sunba with it. Controlling the PTZ had a lot of lag, but it did work.
Ok, thanks for the suggestions so far. As of this morning, I have the camera working in Blue Iris. I get an image but I am not able to use PTZ controls yet. I need to do more back reading on this post in order to get that set up.

Thus far, I still get the "login timeout" when I try to access the cam directly or through CMS. I see Ssayer post and will try to configure that so I can get to the camera config.

The response from CCTV was to direct connect my PC to the camera via RJ45 and then reset the camera through the interface. I did not have any luck even getting to the camera config that way. I don't think I know how to access it directly ..

Thanks so far!!!

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
@schundg: If you are looking to completely reset the camera from the BI interface, then you want it 93 instead of 95 (93 will restore to factory default settings). Obviously this isn't something you want to do often or without good reason, though you certainly seem to have a good reason at this point...

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Anyone seeing the advertised 200°/sec pan speeds? If my math is correct, that means the camera should be able to move 180° in under a second... It's taking 18 seconds. I've yet to power the camera directly with the PS, and am wondering if this is just because of the lower voltage through the PoE. Has anyone else seen these faster speeds?

schundg

n3wb
Reaction score
@schundg: If you are looking to completely reset the camera from the BI interface, then you want it 93 instead of 95 (93 will restore to factory default settings). Obviously this isn't something you want to do often or without good reason, though you certainly seem to have a good reason at this point...
Thanks for the update Ssayer. It's not working for me. I cannot get the PTZ functions to work in BI. I am still at BI version 3.66. When I scan for the Sumba camera, it comes up with a generic camera. If I set to the camera you have in your post. The camera never resets in BI (the multi color striped screen stays in place). If I change it back to port 80 RSTP 554 and generic camera I am able to get an image from the camera but no controls. I hope to get a reply from CCTV this evening with some help as to how to config the camera directly.

schundg

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, I got a response from CCTV regarding accessing the camera via IP address using IE 11 and getting that "login timeout" message.

Here is what "Annie" said:

"Haitao Qiu: The biggest problem is that our camera don't support IE 11 for now Please try IE 8

Yours
Annie"

:sad2: Are you guys running IE8? What works for you?

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@schundg: I had the same problem, the IE will not connect, i am using windows 10, so I had to do some changes to The IE settings to be able to download the plug in, after the plugin was installed I still could not connect to the camera using the default IP address, so I had to use the CMS program and change the IP ADDRESS, after this everything started to work fine and been working.
hope this helps read the instructions for the CMS.
Regards.
Chewie

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, I got a response from CCTV regarding accessing the camera via IP address using IE 11 and getting that "login timeout" message.

Here is what "Annie" said:

"Haitao Qiu: The biggest problem is that our camera don't support IE 11 for now Please try IE 8

Yours
Annie"

:sad2: Are you guys running IE8? What works for you?

That is not true, I am using IE 11

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm running 8.1 and using IE 11. It took me a few tries to get it to work in IE. To be honest, right now I couldn't tell you what I ended up doing to get it to work. Whenever I have a problem with something, I just tend to muck around with this or that until things magically start working... :p

schundg

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm running 8.1 and using IE 11. It took me a few tries to get it to work in IE. To be honest, right now I couldn't tell you what I ended up doing to get it to work. Whenever I have a problem with something, I just tend to muck around with this or that until things magically start working... :p
Good to know. Do you access using CMS or direct via the IP address?

This is killing me. I guess I need to take your approach and muck around with this until I get it to work.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score

This is killing me. I guess I need to take your approach and muck around with this until I get it to work.
I am also running Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer 11. As I mentioned earlier, it even worked in Windows 7. I'm not sure what version of Internet Explorer, but it is probably an older version. If you want me to check what version, let me know.

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, this morning my neighbor called me , your camera is freaking out.
It is going up/down/left/right , same pattern.
Could not do anything from the NVR so hopefully it is still working when im back from my work....
I did made a video, strange thing is that nothing happened , there has been allot of wind last couple of days and yesterday night some rain but that's it.
I hope a simple power unplug will do the trick but i got a bad feeling about this....

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score

CMS used 192.168.1.10:34567 (User:admin/password:none)

IE used 192.168.1.10:80 (User:admin/password:none)

...which I then changed to something that better suited my needs.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Could not do anything from the NVR so hopefully it is still working when im back from my work....
I did made a video, strange thing is that nothing happened , there has been allot of wind last couple of days and yesterday night some rain but that's it.
I hope a simple power unplug will do the trick but i got a bad feeling about this....
You can't call a preset from where you are? That SHOULD stop it.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
That doesn't sound good at all. Did the Sunba stop responding to commands? If you can get the camera working again you might want to consider connecting the camera's power adapter to some type of remote control, so you can power cycle the camera remotely.

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@ ssatyer, i did set some presets in the camera when i had it connected to the lan and connecting to the camera with the CMS that comes with it.
But from the dahua i can't seem to call the presets that i have set?!?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1qttf8a6fcng0g5/20160204065958.mp4?dl=0
Quality is not great since it is substream and made by phone but you see whats going on.

@Lulu,
Thats the same thing i thought off.
I already do this with a timer that turns the power off for the accespoint that i have setup as receiver to feed the recorder.
This powers the device of for a few seconds at night , otherwise the connection will fail after a while.
Not sure where the problem is at this point, wifi from the neighbors or the AP im using, or combination of both.
But this will be hopefully solved by tomorrow since i am going to install for them 3 ubiquity unifi AP's
Will make my signal better as well :)

So for now, its is ok again but i do not hope this is the beginning of something bad :sad2: