Sunba HZ507-20XB Mini Dome PTZ Camera

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong.i connect one end of ethernet cable to rj45 connector of sunba.other end goes into the power injector(from post 145)another ethernet cable goes from power injector to router? Also a power adaptor plugs Into the power injector. I kind of know how poe cams work.i have hikvision cam connected to poe switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nice.thanks for the pic.looks easy cheesy.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there any review or video sample of 502s?

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Well, my three 507s came in yesterday. Today I hooked up my first one and set at the front of the house. Two observations...

1) The IR leds come on 1/2 at a time. The right ones when below a certain zoom level. All at med-zoom, and only the left at full zoom. Is that normal? Image looks great at night.

2) During the day, I'm getting some pretty wild oscillations - much like the cheap foscams would do in bright daylight. It doesn't do it when it's full bright - just partial shade:

I haven't done a factory reset, but that's the next step. Any ideas?

ETA: I just did a reset (using the onscreen menus in the CMS software) - no change.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
1. Yes
2. Haven't had any of those oscillations and my yard gets the gamut of night to part shade to full sun to part shade to night. You probably need to adjust your image settings...

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Thanks ssayer - I've been poking around in the image settings, toggling everything. Nothing seems to have any impact on the cycling. I've sent a note with a copy of the YT link to the seller. I'm off to test the other two cameras now.

ETA: Second camera is doing the exact same bright/dim cycling. I swapped power supplies, and hooked them up direct to the camera (vs. PoE injectors). No difference. Starting to get a little concerned.

Last edited by a moderator:

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
So, all three cameras are doing this. But I think it might just be by design. It seems that when it toggles between overexposed and regular, it's trying to compensate for very dark items in the field of view. For example, in my clip above, when it's dark, you cannot see what is in the garage. When it overexposes, you can see what's on top of the refrigerator. The question is, how does one desensitize the toggle?

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Since it doesn't do it on mine... just in case, here's what I'm using:

Sunba Camera param.PNGSunba Encode.PNG

Not saying these will help... could be you have a problem with yours...

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
I have not seen any of that blinking from my Sunba HZ507-20XB camera. Today I finally moved the Sunba from behind our deck rail to the same location I had my Huisun Mini Bullet PTZ camera. Here is a snapshot of it's new location. Later I will move the Huisun to the front of the house so I can have a Huisun camera on both sides of the garage.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nice view :)

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Thanks ssayer - I've been poking around in the image settings, toggling everything. Nothing seems to have any impact on the cycling. I've sent a note with a copy of the YT link to the seller. I'm off to test the other two cameras now.

ETA: Second camera is doing the exact same bright/dim cycling. I swapped power supplies, and hooked them up direct to the camera (vs. PoE injectors). No difference. Starting to get a little concerned.
Just an update (prompted by PM). I just heard back from the seller at AE (CCTV Camera Factory Store). I let them know that the original camera I purchased in February is working flawlessly, and based on that, I purchased three more... And all three are exhibiting the same bright/dim flashing as shown in the YT video (my prior post). They didn't explain what they thought the problem was, but told me I should flash the latest firmware to the cameras.

Using the CMS tool, under device config/advance, there is an upgrade path to use to upload the bin file.

The link they gave me is here. There is no change log, or any other description to explain what improvements the latest upgrade offers. I've asked them for more clarification. Tomorrow I will attempt to load the new firmware onto one of the cameras. If that works, I'll do it to the rest. Either way, I'll report back here...

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
There is a very different firmware name/number on that firmware than I have on my cam. It'll be interesting to see what it does for yours.

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There is a very different firmware name/number on that firmware than I have on my cam. It'll be interesting to see what it does for yours.
Did you get yours from Sunba or Imporx? I recently got one from Imporx while on sale. It looks identical to the Sunba camera but unsure of how to confirm. And, i'm not sure how to tell if it is the "XB" version or the "XC" version.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Just an update (prompted by PM). I just heard back from the seller at AE (CCTV Camera Factory Store). I let them know that the original camera I purchased in February is working flawlessly, and based on that, I purchased three more... And all three are exhibiting the same bright/dim flashing as shown in the YT video (my prior post). They didn't explain what they thought the problem was, but told me I should flash the latest firmware to the cameras.

Using the CMS tool, under device config/advance, there is an upgrade path to use to upload the bin file.

The link they gave me is here. There is no change log, or any other description to explain what improvements the latest upgrade offers. I've asked them for more clarification. Tomorrow I will attempt to load the new firmware onto one of the cameras. If that works, I'll do it to the rest. Either way, I'll report back here...
UPDATE: Well, I managed to upload the new firmware using the CMS tool. It took no more than about 5 minutes total. The basic camera settings (OSD date/time, etc) were all reset, but the IP/port configuration I'd initially set did not change. I verified that the version on the camera matched the .bin I installed.

Unfortunately, the dimming/brightening phenomenon was still happening - albeit, much slower, and less frequently. Though, that may be because of the time of day. During my initial discovery of the problem, it was mid-day, on a very sunny day. Today, while still sunny, it was around 4pm - and not as bright.

I've sent another message to the seller to let them know the problem is still present.

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Maybe someone else already suggested this but did you reset the frequency to 60Hz?

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Maybe someone else already suggested this but did you reset the frequency to 60Hz?
Truthfully, I don't recall. I know I changed a number of settings trying to figure out which one would minimize the blinking. I did do NTSC, outdoor, and I'm pretty sure I would have done 60hz.

Right now I've pulled up the first (functional) camera at my remote location with Teamviewer/CMS. I'm comparing each setting page/variable between the working and problematic cameras. Won't be able to verify if any changes work until the sun is up again.