Sunba HZ507-20XB Mini Dome PTZ Camera

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
IE 9 and Win7 64 Ultimate.

I hardly ever use IE. What is befuddling is why it works sometimes. I thought binary is 0's and 1's. I must have some 0.5's floating around in my machine.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I just wiped my IE - clearing all possible settings. After trying to log in, I was again prompted to install newagent.exe from the camera. I did. Then, presto, it works again...
2016-04-15_11-19-29.jpg

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
And by this evening, using IE to control the camera stopped working again. I just updated my IE from 9 to 11, and it's working again. Hopefully that's permanent.

I do have another question for you guys. When in the IE or CMS interface, the option to increase the PTZ speed to "8" is available. When I set it to that, should I expect that to stay? Once I shut down either interface and reopen it, it goes back to 5.

Further, I've noticed that no matter what I choose for speed, the BI PTZ speed is unaffected. Set to 1 in the web GUI, the camera inches along at a snails pace - but BI zips through like I hadn't made any changes.

So, is there a way for BI to define what the PTZ speed should be? Ultimately, I'd like to get the camera to move at its maximum speed with BI - something comparable to the '8' on the web GUI/CMS.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
In CMS, PTZ speed changes are only for the current session. Might be able to do the reboot trick for it to make the speed changes stick that works for the color changes, haven't tried it...

PTZ is one speed only in BI (so far). I don't know if Ken has enough info on what it needs to make the changes work in BI.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
I only use Internet Explorer for the cameras. Since the computer is mostly dedicated for the cameras (it also runs my Plex media server), I don't use it for web surfing very much. But if I do need to do something with a web browser I will use either Chrome or Firefox and leave Internet Explorer for the cameras.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
The doves have been busy. This camera's video is pretty darn clear, eh? It's great pulling pics off of it.

Sunba.20160416_190000_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

angelojoanos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
do you know if this camera will work with hikvision software. I would like to give this camera try. Im thinking of trying the imporx brand which is approz 30 bucks cheaper.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Lulu5kamz I noticed u said the ir light at night is too bright.so night vision image is too bright with no way to turn down? U think the 601 model is better with ir lights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

angelojoanos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
pulled the trigger on the 507-20xb and a sunba nvr to play with.

Last edited by a moderator:

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Lulu5kamz I noticed u said the ir light at night is too bright.so night vision image is too bright with no way to turn down? U think the 601 model is better with ir lights?

I don't know about the 601 model. I think it just might be my camera, as some of the other videos that others have posted look much better than my camera. I guess I can't complain too much as I only paid $167.90 total for the camera. I do like the camera, as the daytime image is slightly better than my 2 Huisun Mini Bullet PTZ cameras (in my opinion). I plan on keeping the Sunba in it's current position. I plan on replacing my Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I 12mm camera that monitors the dirt road behind our house with my spare Huisun Mini Bullet PTZ. I will use the Huisun at night for manually tracking anything of interest. Here is a sample screen capture from the Sunba last night. I spotted a coyote on the hill behind our house last night just before 1AM running back and forth underneath our pine tree. I guess the coyote was hunting something on the dirt road below the pine tree. When I tried to zoom in on the coyote, the Sunba IR just about blew out the coyote (the camera wasn't recording at the time so I don't have a sample). Items at a further distance look quite good with the Sunba, like those cars you see at the top of the image. I can zoom in on those cars and see good detail at night.

angelojoanos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
approx 230.00 shipped dhl via Amazon. I had a 10 percent coupon. Aliexpress has it for 212 sipped using the mobile ap.and 200 for he imporx brand i believe.

Cool how much did u pay for the cam?

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Probably after mice. Looks like maybe a 2nd coyote to the right of the tree???
I think you might be right about the mice. It was running back and forth under our pine tree. The item you see between the 2 trees is actually a large rock. It marks the property line between us and the neighbors. The smaller tree is our neighbor's apricot tree. Our younger cat likes to patrol that hill during daylight hours and catches it's share of field mice, birds, and lizards. One time she caught a baby California King Snake and brought it up to the house as a "present".

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
how is brand compares to imporx? does it work with blue iris? ptz, zoom etc?
If you are asking about the Sunba HZ507-20XB camera, the short answer is yes it works with Blue Iris, including PTZ and zoom. If you need details about this, read this thread from the beginning. I don't know about the Imporx brand model.

angelojoanos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't know about the 601 model. I think it just might be my camera, as some of the other videos that others have posted look much better than my camera. I guess I can't complain too much as I only paid $167.90 total for the camera. I do like the camera, as the daytime image is slightly better than my 2 Huisun Mini Bullet PTZ cameras (in my opinion). I plan on keeping the Sunba in it's current position. I plan on replacing my Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I 12mm camera that monitors the dirt road behind our house with my spare Huisun Mini Bullet PTZ. I will use the Huisun at night for manually tracking anything of interest. Here is a sample screen capture from the Sunba last night. I spotted a coyote on the hill behind our house last night just before 1AM running back and forth underneath our pine tree. I guess the coyote was hunting something on the dirt road below the pine tree. When I tried to zoom in on the coyote, the Sunba IR just about blew out the coyote (the camera wasn't recording at the time so I don't have a sample). Items at a further distance look quite good with the Sunba, like those cars you see at the top of the image. I can zoom in on those cars and see good detail at night.

i receved my camera and get the same night quality. Going to return it. No upward tilt and terrible night image. Ir washes out the picture and i find the focus to be slow.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
I was able to improve the night time performance of my Sunba HZ507-20XB Mini Dome PTZ by adjusting the AE Reference Setting in the camera's web interface Camera Parameters section from the default of 50 down to 39. Overall, this darkens the overall image but allows the camera to get close ups in complete darkness without the IR blowing out the subject. Attached are some samples. The cat in the picture is located 27 meters (90 feet) from the camera. The pine tree is 15 meters (50 feet) from the camera. You will not want to leave this setting on during daylight hours, as the overall image is quite dark, so it needs to be turned off during daylight hours. If something of interest is captured during daylight hours with the camera at the 39 setting, you can easily brighten the image with a little post processing work.

Sample 1

Sample 2

Sample 3