Sunba HZ507-20XB Mini Dome PTZ Camera

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Haven't seen much movement on this thread in a while. I guess that's a good thing. I finally got my unit installed on the chimney of my vacation pad... Here's a cool video of the install, while the masons where still applying stone.

It is 75' from the camera to the LAN switch. I'm using PoE injectors and the stock 12VDC power supply. No issues whatsoever.

Because I'm running my BI on an i5, I've scaled all of my cameras (23 so far) back to 1280, and set the frame rate to 15 fps. Even with that, the CPU is running at about 70%. I'm having the camera record a frame every 10 seconds between sunrise to sunset.

And this is a sample of the zoom to the river - which is about 1 mile horizontally, and 1000' lower in elevation that the house site:

Aside from the disappointingly slow pan speed (well below the 200°/sec published spec), I really must say I'm impressed with this camera. So much so, that I just bought three more for the property (at the new $222 price)... Came out to a total of $666. Good thing I'm not superstitious :)

One of the things that I've done with this camera is set a schedule on Blue Iris. At noon, every day, it zooms to several preset positions, snaps a photo at each location, and uploads them to my FTP server at home. The hope is, that after a year, I'll have 365 frames of each site. A 12 second video to cover the entire year ought to provide some pretty stunning video.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Thanks. The location is in an extremely remote part of TN. An hour to the closest Walmart, and 2+ hours to any touristy areas. Just how I like it. The problem is, without a municipal water supply, there are no fire hydrants. And with only a volunteer fire department, the odds of having a fire and saving the property are a little less than zero. Further, that particular part of TN is very low income - something less than $15k/yr per household. That makes any unoccupied structures very tempting for burglary. Consequently, my homeowner's insurance for that house is nearly double what my (much larger) Florida home is - despite hurricane and sinkhole risks.

That made security cameras and the alarm system paramount. Both are operational, despite no building power...

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks. The location is in an extremely remote part of TN. An hour to the closest Walmart, and 2+ hours to any touristy areas. Just how I like it. The problem is, without a municipal water supply, there are no fire hydrants. And with only a volunteer fire department, the odds of having a fire and saving the property are a little less than zero. Further, that particular part of TN is very low income - something less than $15k/yr per household. That makes any unoccupied structures very tempting for burglary. Consequently, my homeowner's insurance for that house is nearly double what my (much larger) Florida home is - despite hurricane and sinkhole risks.

That made security cameras and the alarm system paramount. Both are operational, despite no building power...
That house fly-by video is amazing! Great views in that video. I see the current price is still at $250 with free shipping. That still is a big difference from the under $170 price I paid for mine. They have another small unit that is under $150 (including shipping) that looks interesting. It is only 4X zoom though. I believe it has a 2.8mm to 12mm lens with 1080P resolution. I might consider this over the Huisun 4x camera due to the current problems that Huisun seems to be having with that model. The Sunba picture is a little sharper than my 2 Huisun cameras.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Do you have a link to the 4x 1080p? I tried to find it, but the site is so confusing with model numbers and pricing. Price for some includes DHL shipping, some EMS, and others no shipping included. Yet, their price/camera matrix shows only a single price for each camera. Very easy to get lost.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Wow! But wow. Stunning hardly describes it.
It's a million dollar view, no doubt. Fortunately, because of how remote it is, the land is actually quite cheap. That lot is about 10 acres. We just bought the neighboring one - which is 12 acres - for about $17k USD. Not bad. Wildlife is insane too. Just today I captured wild turkeys and this bobcat... Albeit, on a Hikvision eyeball camera. Still pretty neat though.

Attachments

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Do you have a link to the 4x 1080p? I tried to find it, but the site is so confusing with model numbers and pricing. Price for some includes DHL shipping, some EMS, and others no shipping included. Yet, their price/camera matrix shows only a single price for each camera. Very easy to get lost.
It should be the number 2 best selling model on their home page. Model is Sunba 502-4x. The 1080P version of the camera has the 1/2.8" sensor and the price is $119. Shipping by ePacket is $28.28 which brings the total to $147.28. This model does have upward tilt according to the specs (-5 degrees).

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It should be the number 2 best selling model on their home page. Model is Sunba 502-4x. The 1080P version of the camera has the 1/2.8" sensor and the price is $119. Shipping by ePacket is $28.28 which brings the total to $147.28. This model does have upward tilt according to the specs (-5 degrees).
$124.99 on Amazon with no additional shipping.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
You have to love Amazon with their price game, now $134.99.
I'm still seeing the $124.99 price on Amazon. It says the seller is Sunba and that price does include the shipping. Very tempting, but I only buy 1 camera at a time and I'm waiting on a Hikvision camera that is currently being shipped, so if this price is still around when I get my camera I just might order one to see if it is any good.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
The 502s-4x is $134.99, the 502-4x is $124.99. 502s is the outdoor model.
Looks like you are correct. The 502s is the outdoor model and is currently priced at $134.99 with free shipping on Amazon. The 502-4x is an indoor camera only. I missed that in the product's web page description. Thanks for the information.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wow land is dirt cheap.good for u buddy :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How many watts total does the sunba use? How do u extend the power on sunba?

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
How many watts total does the sunba use? How do u extend the power on sunba?

This question was answered earlier in this thread. See post #145 for details.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Cool.cca cable would be ethernet wire correct? So I can use ubiquiti ethernet cable?

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
CCA is copper-clad aluminum conductor used in ethernet cable, yes. But it is NOT recommended for Power-over-ethernet applications - since the resistance is higher, the aluminum is more brittle, and, it could generate more heat when put under load. I don't know what Ubiquity includes with their equipment.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
CCA is copper-clad aluminum conductor used in ethernet cable, yes. But it is NOT recommended for Power-over-ethernet applications - since the resistance is higher, the aluminum is more brittle, and, it could generate more heat when put under load. I don't know what Ubiquity includes with their equipment.
This is what I got.ubiquiti cable.

24 AWG copper conductor pairs
26 AWG integrated ESD drain wire to prevent ESD attacks and damage
PE outdoor-rated, weatherproof jacket
Multi-layered shielding

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I would suspect that they're using pure copper. Most of what Ubiquity does is PoE, so you'll be safe with that.