Sunba HZ507-20XB Mini Dome PTZ Camera

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
With your settings u need to change settings every morning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
With your settings u need to change settings every morning?

Yes, you would need to make this change every morning. I also change the DWDR setting also every morning. This camera is not low maintenance (LOL)! Having the DWDR setting ON during the night causes too much noise, so I turn it OFF when the camera switches to night mode and turn it ON during daylight hours (The DWDR setting is more of a personal preference, as I like having a slightly brighter image during daylight hours). Some people might prefer the DWDR setting left at the default OFF setting.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
What zoom level was used with sample 2?
No way to know exactly, as the camera was not at full zoom (this Sunba camera does not have any setting to display current zoom level). However, the camera zoom level was almost at full 20X, but I had backed off the zoom a few clicks to get in a little more of the background.

angelojoanos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
its a shame because it could be such a great lil camera for the price if they just had some better firmware. Very well made and only 4" dome! I went ahead and returned mine. I could not put up with the washed out night vision with no day/night adjustment. I ordered the 601 model which has the same day image with better night vision.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
its a shame because it could be such a great lil camera for the price if they just had some better firmware. Very well made and only 4" dome! I went ahead and returned mine. I could not put up with the washed out night vision with no day/night adjustment. I ordered the 601 model which has the same day image with better night vision.
Nice.keep us up to date on the 601 model.im thinking of getting that one :)

cayars

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

Got a quick question hopefully someone will be able to answer for me. Can the 507-20XB be used upside down? If mounted upside down (dome up) will the camera automatically flip the image?

Basically I want to use it as a "desktop IP camera" with custom software I've written. I don't care if pan is backwards as I can easily "fix" that in software.
My requirement is to come up with a 20x optical IP camera that can be mounted close to floor level that will view objects 3 to 4 meters away at head height.
So I was thinking of doing a "ceiling mount" on the floor (upside down) so I can get the needed tilt I'll need.

Thanks,
Carlo

Covack

n3wb
Reaction score
Hope You Guy's can help Me out
I logged in on my Sunba 507 using IE tonight
I can't get main menu to pull up for some reason
I have a picture , zoom works pan and tilt don't
PTZ works fine in BI, but I want to enable IR
any Ideas, thanks for any info

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

Got a quick question hopefully someone will be able to answer for me. Can the 507-20XB be used upside down? If mounted upside down (dome up) will the camera automatically flip the image?

Basically I want to use it as a "desktop IP camera" with custom software I've written. I don't care if pan is backwards as I can easily "fix" that in software.
My requirement is to come up with a 20x optical IP camera that can be mounted close to floor level that will view objects 3 to 4 meters away at head height.
So I was thinking of doing a "ceiling mount" on the floor (upside down) so I can get the needed tilt I'll need.

Thanks,
Carlo
Sorry for not responding sooner, but I never noticed that you had asked a question. I really don't know if the camera will work installed upside down. You should send a message to Sunba in their Ebay store, as they seem to be responsive to questions posed there. There is a image "flip" setting in the Camera Parameters settings that does work. It will flip the image upside down. But I don't know if the camera will be damaged if installed upside down. Also, the Sunba 6 inch black face dome model does have upward tilt, so you might want to consider that model instead. Good luck.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Hope You Guy's can help Me out
I logged in on my Sunba 507 using IE tonight
I can't get main menu to pull up for some reason
I have a picture , zoom works pan and tilt don't
PTZ works fine in BI, but I want to enable IR
any Ideas, thanks for any info
If PTZ works fine in Blue Iris, then just add the following presets in Blue Iris:
61 = IR Off
62 = IR Auto
95 = Menu
You can set these in Blue Iris in any of the preset values 1 to 20. So for the Name/value, just use the numbers posted.
Hope this helps.

Covack

n3wb
Reaction score
If PTZ works fine in Blue Iris, then just add the following presets in Blue Iris:
61 = IR Off
62 = IR Auto
95 = Menu
You can set these in Blue Iris in any of the preset values 1 to 20. So for the Name/value, just use the numbers posted.
Hope this helps.
thanks for Your help
61 and 62 work
95 doesn't
I'm not sure what is going on
Does the 507 have a master reset button, or just login reset

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
thanks for Your help
61 and 62 work
95 doesn't
I'm not sure what is going on
Does the 507 have a master reset button, or just login reset
There is also the 93 setting for Restore Factory default settings, but I never tested it. It would be worth a try for you. The other Resets are in the 95 Menu and the web interface using Internet Explorer. If Internet Explorer is not working, try clearing all history and cookies. That usually fixes strange problems using Internet Explorer. Another thing worth checking is power to the camera. How are you supplying power to the camera? If you are using passive splitters, this could be the source of strange problems depending on how long your cable run is to the camera.

Covack

n3wb
Reaction score
I will try the 93 deal tonight
I have a 100' ext. cord going to the 507,hopefully that is not the problem
I will check it with volt meter

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
I will try the 93 deal tonight
I have a 100' ext. cord going to the 507,hopefully that is not the problem
I will check it with volt meter
Here is another one I found but have not tested:
83 = Clear Settings (not sure what is "cleared" as I have not tested this)

Here are some other ones that might be of interest (these were listed on the camera's Installation sheet that was in the box with my camera):
60 = IR On
63 = IR All On
100 = IR On
101 = IR Off
102 = IR Auto
103 = IR All On

Reaction score
Is there any way to set the tilt limits for this camera?
My camera only tilts to about level and I want it to tilt up a little. If I tilt it a little below level and then manually force it up and then tilt it up with the PTZ controls it does tilt above level and it works fine until there is a power failure and I need to repeat this procedure... It's a bit annoying... (btw if you want to do this do it at your own risk as the first time you tilt it up the stepper motor will be forced to skip steps).

Covack

n3wb
Reaction score
Here is another one I found but have not tested:
83 = Clear Settings (not sure what is "cleared" as I have not tested this)

Here are some other ones that might be of interest (these were listed on the camera's Installation sheet that was in the box with my camera):
60 = IR On
63 = IR All On
100 = IR On
101 = IR Off
102 = IR Auto
103 = IR All On
I tried the 93 and 83 no response
I emailed Sunba support, maybe they will give me something to try hopefully
thanks for all the help

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Is there any way to set the tilt limits for this camera?
My camera only tilts to about level and I want it to tilt up a little. If I tilt it a little below level and then manually force it up and then tilt it up with the PTZ controls it does tilt above level and it works fine until there is a power failure and I need to repeat this procedure... It's a bit annoying... (btw if you want to do this do it at your own risk as the first time you tilt it up the stepper motor will be forced to skip steps).
I'm not aware if there is a way to set tilt limits for the camera. Seems to me, this is probably not a good idea to be doing this on a camera with moving parts and using them in a way they were not designed to be used. That said, you could always put the camera on a battery backup so it never loses power. All my cameras and network switches are connected to UPS devices, so if I lose power the cameras still work during power outages. How long they last on batteries depend on the load of the devices and the size of the UPS battery.

Reaction score
I'm not aware if there is a way to set tilt limits for the camera. Seems to me, this is probably not a good idea to be doing this on a camera with moving parts and using them in a way they were not designed to be used. That said, you could always put the camera on a battery backup so it never loses power. All my cameras and network switches are connected to UPS devices, so if I lose power the cameras still work during power outages. How long they last on batteries depend on the load of the devices and the size of the UPS battery.
Yes a backup battery would do the trick but I will probably disassemble the camera and check how it is calculating the limits and modify it, it might be as simple as a micro switch. But a change in software would be way better, I know you can change this in some cameras.

Covack

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried the 93 and 83 no response
I emailed Sunba support, maybe they will give me something to try hopefully
thanks for all the help
I took the 507 down and brought it inside
I hooked it up on 4 to 6 ft. cables, still cant factory reset with 93 or 83 using IE or CMS, still no menu
Ir commands work fine
I logged in using Onvif device manager also, tried factory reset, no change
Maybe Sunba will respond soon