Sunba HZ507-20XB Mini Dome PTZ Camera

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The Sunba 507 only allows iFrame selection from 2 to 12. No other choices are available. At least that is what I see on my camera.
It might be using seconds rather than frames..

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
The values for the iFrame box are selectable from 2 to 12. If it's seconds, it would still be once every 30 frames if I set it to 2.

Reaction score
Sorry for not responding sooner, but I never noticed that you had asked a question. I really don't know if the camera will work installed upside down. You should send a message to Sunba in their Ebay store, as they seem to be responsive to questions posed there. There is a image "flip" setting in the Camera Parameters settings that does work. It will flip the image upside down. But I don't know if the camera will be damaged if installed upside down. Also, the Sunba 6 inch black face dome model does have upward tilt, so you might want to consider that model instead. Good luck.
I took the whole dang thing apart I feel very confident that you could mount it upside down without damaging it.

cam235

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get the Sunba 507-20XB to UNDEREXPOSE at night (turn gain way down)? I have to do that to see details on cars past the headlight glare. None of the camera's setup exposure controls in the IE plugin seem to have any effect on the image at night, although they do function during the day. I got the camera to monitor a road 300' away (full zoom). The IR leds are plenty bright, but the camera seems stuck in high-gain mode, and the kind of image I'm getting at night (see below) is just not useful. I just assumed I'd be able to turn down the gain since all my other cameras allow me to do that, but is it really not possible on this one? To make matters worse the always-on autofocus then tries to adjust for the big light blobs from the taillights, which throws everything off.

Attachments

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get the Sunba 507-20XB to UNDEREXPOSE at night (turn gain way down)? I have to do that to see details on cars past the headlight glare. None of the camera's setup exposure controls in the IE plugin seem to have any effect on the image at night, although they do function during the day. I got the camera to monitor a road 300' away (full zoom). The IR leds are plenty bright, but the camera seems stuck in high-gain mode, and the kind of image I'm getting at night (see below) is just not useful. I just assumed I'd be able to turn down the gain since all my other cameras allow me to do that, but is it really not possible on this one? To make matters worse the always-on autofocus then tries to adjust for the big light blobs from the taillights, which throws everything off.
Did you try changing the Exposure Mode in the Camera Parameter window? What settings did you try? Also, what is the AE Reference setting you are using? Now I don't use my camera for license plate captures at night, but I'm guessing you need to be using Manual exposure settings for this to work. When I use my Huisun cameras for license plate capture, the entire screen is black and only the thing visible are the letters from the plate. The sample you posted seems to have too much detail for this to ever work.

cam235

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply lulu5, I tried every setting, with no effect. Sunba tech support was very quick, but ineffective- they sent me a new firmware, and suggested some settings. I tried them all, but without result. Apparently this camera does not have a manual exposure mode at night. During the day, the AE Reference setting did have an effect and I could make the image as dark as I wanted. Just not at night. The Sunba tech looked at the screen captures I sent and agreed the camera would not do what I wanted, and asked me to just return it, which I have now done. They said they would come out with a firmware update sometime in 2017 that would improve dynamic range, for what that's worth.

Reaction score
LED Mode and IR Cut filter:
The LEDs on the Sunba are so bright that I was having trouble from insects, mist, and dust either triggering the camera or blotting out the image. so I decided to use external illuminators at some distance from the camera. To turn off the camera LEDs, I tried (in the OSD) adjusting the LED-on photo resistor levels and tried putting the camera LED mode in off to no avail. In my rural neck of the woods the photo resistor always reads 255 once it gets dark out. When I put it in off mode it kept switching back to auto mode.
I was informed by Sunba that this is the way it's designed. So turning the LEDs off in the OSD only keeps them off until it gets dark, then it goes back to auto mode. So now I am temporarily just covering my LEDs with electrical tape.
Regarding the IR cut filter I asked four times for an explanation of what exactly 'automatically switch' meant in the camera settings. I finally received this answer:

"In the IR cut filter settings, IR synchronous means that the status of IR cut will adjust itself according to the IR LED. When IR LED is on, the IR cut will also be on; same as when IR LED is off.
While IR automatic means the IR cut will be forced in response to the lights condition around."
Does that mean it has its own built-in photoresistor setting? I declined to pursue it any further, I got the impression that nobody there really knew.
The next time I take the camera down, I'll open the body and remove the wire harnesses to the LEDs.
I don't have my indirect lighting fully worked out, but so far it's definitely improved the image and reduced false triggers.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
It's been quite some time since anyone posted here. It's been a full year (tomorrow) since I started using my 20xb to snap a photo per day at my TN property overlooking the Cumberland Plateau. Here's the final product:

Unfortunately, the precision on the 20xb is really not that good - and each return to the preset was just a little off. On this wide shot, it's not that bad, but for zoomed in presets, it really was all over the place.

Here's a zoomed in attempt at the river.

Last edited:

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Back in September when I got my Sunba 604-D20X, I turned off my Sunba HZ507-20XB (it's connected to a remote controlled power switch) and kept it in place as a backup camera. A few weeks back I replaced the Sunba 604 with the Dahua DH-SD49225T-HN. Yesterday I moved the Dahua to the front of the house (after the recent strange events occurring out front) but I didn't get around to putting the Sunba 604 back up (it will have to wait a few days). So I turned the 507 back on and dusted off the cobwebs. It still has a nice daytime image with very good color. At night I just turn the camera off as the image is not very good.

Cam19.20170324_080619_1.jpg

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
to all sunba owners, i have had this 507 model working on my dahua nvr 4101p
But today i installed it again, after it was broken and i got a new camera module shipped and a led pcb.
I can't get it to work in my dahua nvr, whatever i try with ports 34567 / 554 / 8899.

Is there anyone here still using this camera and has it running on a dahua nvr ?

Also reverted back to the older firmware since they loaded the newest firmware on the camera module when they sent it back.

Thanks

Vince

dabossc7

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i just
LED Mode and IR Cut filter:
The LEDs on the Sunba are so bright that I was having trouble from insects, mist, and dust either triggering the camera or blotting out the image. so I decided to use external illuminators at some distance from the camera. To turn off the camera LEDs, I tried (in the OSD) adjusting the LED-on photo resistor levels and tried putting the camera LED mode in off to no avail. In my rural neck of the woods the photo resistor always reads 255 once it gets dark out. When I put it in off mode it kept switching back to auto mode.
I was informed by Sunba that this is the way it's designed. So turning the LEDs off in the OSD only keeps them off until it gets dark, then it goes back to auto mode. So now I am temporarily just covering my LEDs with electrical tape.
Regarding the IR cut filter I asked four times for an explanation of what exactly 'automatically switch' meant in the camera settings. I finally received this answer:

"In the IR cut filter settings, IR synchronous means that the status of IR cut will adjust itself according to the IR LED. When IR LED is on, the IR cut will also be on; same as when IR LED is off.
While IR automatic means the IR cut will be forced in response to the lights condition around."
Does that mean it has its own built-in photoresistor setting? I declined to pursue it any further, I got the impression that nobody there really knew.
The next time I take the camera down, I'll open the body and remove the wire harnesses to the LEDs.
I don't have my indirect lighting fully worked out, but so far it's definitely improved the image and reduced false triggers.
I am having same problem with night time picture so far Im keeping it on color mode at night because I have enough light from a street light but its not close to what the daylight picture is so I will be tinkering with settings any new info as of 5/25/2017, By the way my 7 reolink c2 cameras at $99 each blow this sunba 507 away day or night but it only has 3x optical zoom

Reaction score
I too like those REO C2s.
I solved my problem by putting Electrical tape over the lights. I had to replace the tape after a few months, and one of these days I'm going to take it apart again and cut the wires.
Here's the light I bought : Amazon.com : DMetric IR Illuminator, 850nm Infrared 8 LED Night Vision Waterproof Lamp for Indoor Outdoor Security CCTV Camera, Long Range 80m (263 feet) and Standard Angle 45 Degree : Camera & Photo I did a video review (needs to be updated),
I raise the lights to 25 feet off the ground and they were still too focused and bright. After trying all kinds of mods, like putting blobs of silicon on the glass to diffuse it, I finally came up with putting a Fresnel lens over the glass (Amazon.com: CIPA 60100 Wide Angle Lens - 8" x 10": Automotive). Mellowed the beam out perfectly.
Note: I discovered that if you use the edge of the lens instead of centering it it steers the light to the side. Next time I'll trim it in the center.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

ChrisX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I search a Software & Firmware Download link Big Thanks. I have lost my CD

ChrisX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ok i have found cms now i search a "pole mounting brackets"

dabossc7

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone download this does it fix problem or cause more problems and does this have a night/day setting, I was told back in October they would implement this when addressing focus/over exposed issues