Sunba HZ507-20XB Mini Dome PTZ Camera

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
But I was in a hurry and got mine in two days. :p

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm running power to my camera with a 30 ft Cat 5e cable from Monoprice and passive splitters. The cable from Monoprice is 100% pure copper wire. Some of the cables on Amazon are not 100% pure copper. Do you know the specifics of the cable you purchased from Amazon?
Three amps seems like a lot of current to put down cat 5 using baluns, its within specs (just) but I wouldnt do it.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
It's been working perfectly at 10fps long enough now that I'm confident in it at that rate. It did it's pausing thing even at 15fps, so... just upped it to 12fps. Once again, time will tell. It's working so it's not an emergency or anything (it's cold and snowy out there so I can wait getting a ladder out to get up where it's mounted on the 2nd story) , but I'll buy some Cat6 and put it in to try before I rip out all the POE stuff that makes the setup so much cleaner.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Three amps seems like a lot of current to put down cat 5 using baluns, its within specs (just) but I wouldnt do it.
In case anyone saw my earlier post, I posted the wrong power adapter for the Sunba. Here is the correct power adapter.

imageupload

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Ok, because I'm really watching for it and probably it's just the one I got.... At 14fps, everything is still pretty good. At 15fps, I start getting minuscule pauses in the video every so often (meaning a couple of times a minute it drops a few frames here and there). At 25fps, there is no way I'd be happy with all the dropped frames and pauses in the video for as much as a few minutes at a time every now and then... That said, I can certainly live with 14fps, so long as it doesn't degrade further especially considering that I haven't 1000% ruled out the Ethernet cable or the use of the passive POE injector/splitter. Once again, time will tell..

Last edited by a moderator:

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok, because I'm really watching for it and probably it's just the one I got.... At 14fps, everything is still good. At 15fps, I start getting minuscule pauses in the video every so often (meaning a couple of times a minute it drops a few frames here and there). At 25fps, there is no way I'd be happy with all the dropped frames and pauses in the video for as much as a few minutes at a time every now and then... That said, I can certainly live with 14fps, so long as it doesn't degrade further especially considering that I haven't 1000% ruled out the Ethernet cable or the use of the passive POE injector/splitter. Once again, time will tell..
I'm not seeing any more dropped frames or video freezes. I'm running at 15 FPS. I noticed that when using CBR, as you lower your frame rate, the bit rate choices automatically change to lower maximum choices. Here are the maximum selections of Bit Rate for various Frame Rates:

30 FPS = 8192 Kb/s
25 FPS = 6859 Kb/s
15 FPS = 4195 Kb/s
12 FPS = 3396 Kb/s
10 FPS = 2863 Kb/s

However, Blue Iris is reporting that the bit rate being received is actually about 1000Kb/s more the maximum numbers shown above. So, for my 15 FPS, Blue Iris is reporting an average of 5368 Kb/s give or take a few.

photo uploading websites

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Guys
My camera is up and running and ready to be mounted in front of my garage, I have a question, the mounting bracket the part that connects to the camera it has 3 screws, did you removed the bracket from the camera and mount the bracket by itself?.
My Garage is wood, if you mounted the camera to wood, What size of wood screws did you use?
This camera is heavy I want to make sure is secure.
Please let me know, thanks in advance.
Regards.
Chewie

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello Guys
My camera is up and running and ready to be mounted in front of my garage, I have a question, the mounting bracket the part that connects to the camera it has 3 screws, did you removed the bracket from the camera and mount the bracket by itself?.
My Garage is wood, if you mounted the camera to wood, What size of wood screws did you use?
This camera is heavy I want to make sure is secure.
Please let me know, thanks in advance.
Regards.
Chewie
I didn't remove the bracket from the camera. I just drilled pilot holes in the wood and used the biggest wood screws I had laying around. I was up on the ladder and was able to hold the camera in place and get it screwed in. It was a little awkward, but still manageable.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
That's what I did as well (and I don't have a working rotator cuff in my left shoulder, so a healthy person should be able to handle it just fine!).

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I thought bit rate and frame rate were independent of one another. I find the perfect middle ground to be 15fps, and 2048kbps, variable.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Too nice a day to not try something so... I went out and removed the POE stuff, instead running a power cable right up to the box. No change. Then I had the thought that maybe I was sending too much data through one of the switches (it goes through 3 to get to my BI box). So, I disabled every other camera and gave it a shot. Nope, still the best I can get it 12fps with zero dropped frames. Now it's to the point where I either take it down and bring it in the house to try it on a short patch cable or wait until I get a new 15' patch cable that I can be sure is 100% copper. I hate like heck to have to take it back down. One armed men (almost) will do 20 easy things before they'll do that one hard thing to do...

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Mine will be here on the 2nd. Has anyone been able to achieve full frame rate? @Ssayer, what happens if you dial the bitrate way down - say to 2mbps or less?

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Mine will be here on the 2nd. Has anyone been able to achieve full frame rate? @Ssayer, what happens if you dial the bitrate way down - say to 2mbps or less?
I just set mine to 30 FPS. Seems to run fine. Here is a snapshot of what Blue Iris is seeing from the camera regarding Bit Rate.

upload pics

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Thanks @lulu5kamz. So your bit rate is 1mbps. I'm wondering what the lowest bit rate is that @Ssayer has tried w/30fps. I know if I try bit rates north of 4mbps on my Hiks, my BI starts to choke.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
The only thing I can't get the Sumba to work with is my NTP Server. Anybody running their own time server and getting it work with a Sumba camera? I'm using the same settings I use for my Hikvision and Huisun cameras and they are able to maintain time sync with my time server. My other cameras sync with my time server every 12 hours. I tried setting the Sunba down to 60 minutes but it doesn't seem to be syncing at all. I've been manually syncing the time using the cameras web interface. I don't see any errors when I set the Sunba to sync with the NPT settings in the web interface.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
The only thing I can't get the Sumba to work with is my NTP Server. Anybody running their own time server and getting it work with a Sumba camera? I'm using the same settings I use for my Hikvision and Huisun cameras and they are able to maintain time sync with my time server. My other cameras sync with my time server every 12 hours. I tried setting the Sunba down to 60 minutes but it doesn't seem to be syncing at all. I've been manually syncing the time using the cameras web interface. I don't see any errors when I set the Sunba to sync with the NPT settings in the web interface.
I'm no help here, but one of the things I've done with all of my cameras is put them on a different sub-network. My home network is the conventional 192.168.1.x and the cameras are all on 192.168.2.x. In my router (running DD-WRT) I then prevent any device on the .2.x domain from reaching the WAN port. All cameras are essentially neutered from internet access. There are too many conspicuous (and inconspicuous) ways that these cameras are designed to phone-home to China. This, of course, means they also cannot reach WAN-based NTP servers. Ideally, I'd run my own on the LAN, but I'm too much of a noob to know how to do that.

Besides, since I'm using BI as my exclusive portal to view the cameras, I have the date/time stamp overlay on all cameras. Consequently, all the built-in OSD's are off.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just set mine to 30 FPS. Seems to run fine. Here is a snapshot of what Blue Iris is seeing from the camera regarding Bit Rate.

upload pics
The camera is now mounted in front of the house, I also set it up to 30 FPS and haven't seen any problems, blue Iris gets the same readings as the picture you posted.
Chewie