Sunba HZ507-20XB Mini Dome PTZ Camera

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
@erkme73: It really seems to be a frame rate problem and not a bit rate. I've got it set up right now at 12fps and best. It's running without a hitch. If I change the fps to 20, I can dial the bit rate all the way down so that I'm using way less data than the 12/best and it still pauses incessantly.
@lulu5kamz: I've got my BI box set up as the time server and it accesses it without a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm no help here, but one of the things I've done with all of my cameras is put them on a different sub-network. My home network is the conventional 192.168.1.x and the cameras are all on 192.168.2.x. In my router (running DD-WRT) I then prevent any device on the .2.x domain from reaching the WAN port. All cameras are essentially neutered from internet access. There are too many conspicuous (and inconspicuous) ways that these cameras are designed to phone-home to China. This, of course, means they also cannot reach WAN-based NTP servers. Ideally, I'd run my own on the LAN, but I'm too much of a noob to know how to do that.

Besides, since I'm using BI as my exclusive portal to view the cameras, I have the date/time stamp overlay on all cameras. Consequently, all the built-in OSD's are off.
I set the time in the CMS program to the 12 hr format and this program and blue iris display the same time.
I also set the colors on the CMS program but blue iris is darker, Can the colors be set on Blue Iris?

Chewie

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Guys
Here is a couple of pictures, one from the Huisun and one from the Sunba.
The one on the left is the Sunba is brighter than the Huisun.
Chewie

Attachments

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Guys
Chewie
Huisun looks realistic (and more detailed)...I'd try to dial down the Sunba until it matches Huisun.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello Guys
Chewie
I think I like the Huisun picture better. Did you adjust the night noise level setting on your Sunba?

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello Lulu5
Where did you adjust the night noise?
Please let me know.
Here is some more pictures.
Back in Post #63 I showed how. "You change the Night NT Level in the camera's web interface from the default setting of 3 to 5". I included sample pics before and after.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Hello Guys
Chewie
Have you tried setting DWDR to OPEN (then adjust the setting to your preference)? It makes a big difference here.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Update on my fps problem. I figured I had nothing to lose and anything to gain so I took a pic of every setting for the cam in CMS and then I reset the cam completely to default settings. The only thing that didn't get reset (though it shows that it did in the cam's config) is the port. It shows 80 but CMS finds it at the port that I had it set at. I changed the IP to the one I'd given it, the time server to my BI server, and let it rip. It's been two hours now and it's been going great at 30fps! I'll let it go just like it is for a couple of days (presuming it keeps working like it is) to see how it goes before I even look at anything else!

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Update on my fps problem. I figured I had nothing to lose and anything to gain so I took a pic of every setting for the cam in CMS and then I reset the cam completely to default settings. The only thing that didn't get reset (though it shows that it did in the cam's config) is the port. It shows 80 but CMS finds it at the port that I had it set at. I changed the IP to the one I'd given it, the time server to my BI server, and let it rip. It's been two hours now and it's been going great at 30fps! I'll let it go just like it is for a couple of days (presuming it keeps working like it is) to see how it goes before I even look at anything else!
Ssayer, you are a genius! I tried something similar for my NTP server problem. I reset everything for the camera except for the Network and Account categories. After the only thing I changed was the FPS down to 12 as that is what I want to run for this camera. But I noticed immediately that the Sunba clock synchronized with my NTP server and now matches my other cameras! There must be certain combinations of settings that cause strange problems with the Sunba. For now, I'll keep an eye on things and see how it runs. Thanks...:)

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Hah! So, two entirely different problems fixed by simply resetting the cam. Interesting, but very good to know! This time (presuming it keeps working flawlessly), I'll attempt changes one at a time with extremely sufficient time between each change to insure that there are no hiccups.

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This, of course, means they also cannot reach WAN-based NTP servers. Ideally, I'd run my own on the LAN, but I'm too much of a noob to know how to do that.
Here is my favorite NTP client/server: http://timesynctool.com

Run this on your BI server, and point your camera to the IP address of the BI server in its NTP server settings.

Here is a screenshot of how I have my settings...

Attachments

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
After 9 hours of perfect @30fps/good, I decided to go to 20fps/best (uses about 30% more bandwidth for 20/best but obviously a better video). An hour later and it's still perfect. No dropped frames. I just wish there were a schedule in the interface where we could go from DWDR during the day @ 1/500 sec to no DWDR at night with Auto bias. Asking for too much, I know. Maybe once Ken catches up with some of these cams we'll get more things that work in the BI scheduler for this (and the Huisun 10x) :p

Pretty funny note. I saw about 5 hours ago that it was no longer looking at my BI box for the NTP server since the reset. For kicks and giggles, I opened the cam up to the web and told it to try auto for the NTP server. It never looked. I told it to try nettime.pool.ntp.org. It's never looked. I'm not going to complain, it's too easy to set the time now and then in it's web or CMS interface. I'd rather have everything else work right. Maybe a firmware update down the road...

- - - Updated - - -

Here is my favorite NTP client/server: http://timesynctool.com

Run this on your BI server, and point your camera to the IP address of the BI server in its NTP server settings.

Here is a screenshot of how I have my settings...
Yep, that's what I use.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you tried setting DWDR to OPEN (then adjust the setting to your preference)? It makes a big difference here.
I tried this setting and found as long as I use a low number for the setting, things look better at night on my Sunba.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tried this setting and found as long as I use a low number for the setting, things look better at night on my Sunba.
I tried these settings but my camera looks better with DWDR CLOSE, I will keep playing with it, under the color setting I play a little with the contrast and it makes it a bit darker, I noticed the manual focus is not as good as the huisun camera, have you guys try the manual focus?
It has some good picture quality for the day time.
Regards.
Chewie

Attachments

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
I noticed this morning that my Sunba clock was about 3 seconds off from my other cameras. I'm wondering if some of the changes I made to the camera's parameters yesterday caused the clock to stop synchronizing with my NTP server. Anyway, I just reset the Network Services setting of the camera and then put the NTP server address back in and the Sunba immediately became synchronized with my other cameras. I'll try and not make changes to the camera today and see if it maintains the same time as my other cameras.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
I tried these settings but my camera looks better with DWDR CLOSE, I will keep playing with it, under the color setting I play a little with the contrast and it makes it a bit darker, I noticed the manual focus is not as good as the huisun camera, have you guys try the manual focus?
It has some good picture quality for the day time.
Regards.
Chewie
I have not tried manual focus. I don't use that function on my Huisun. I do agree the daytime images are very good on the Sunba.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I noticed this morning that my Sunba clock was about 3 seconds off from my other cameras. I'm wondering if some of the changes I made to the camera's parameters yesterday caused the clock to stop synchronizing with my NTP server. Anyway, I just reset the Network Services setting of the camera and then put the NTP server address back in and the Sunba immediately became synchronized with my other cameras. I'll try and not make changes to the camera today and see if it maintains the same time as my other cameras.
Darn, the fps has been working so good, I was going to ignore the NTP server issue. Now I'm going to have to go try resetting the Network Services and see. :p

Yep, it fixed it (and the fps are still great)! Thanks much!

Last edited by a moderator: