Sunba HZ507-20XB Mini Dome PTZ Camera

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you guys look into the preset 95( Menu) in there it shows:
LED ON = AND SOME NUMBER
LED OFF = AND SOME NUMBER
I wonder if you can change the brightness there.
I look in the paper work I got and was not able to find any information.
Regards.
Chewie

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you guys look into the preset 95( Menu) in there it shows:
LED ON = AND SOME NUMBER
LED OFF = AND SOME NUMBER
I wonder if you can change the brightness there.
I look in the paper work I got and was not able to find any information.
Regards.
Chewie
I looked at Preset 95 when I got the camera. I didn't try making any changes to those settings. I guess it would be worth a try. You could go to the LED ON and then use the up and down arrows to see if you can make a change to the value and see what happens. I believe you have to press the center button or enter (I'm really not sure) to save the new setting. I'm not changing anything on my camera today, as I want to see if the camera can maintain time synchronization with my NTP server. So far, it's been 5 hours and it is still in sync with my other cameras.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Heh, I've already done more changes than I said I was going to do for a couple of days, so I'll hold off as well. I did message Sunba with what had transpired with mine (just so they have a clue if someone else has similar issues). Also I mentioned day/night image scheduling in case it's possible in a future firmware update.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Heh, I've already done more changes than I said I was going to do for a couple of days, so I'll hold off as well. I did message Sunba with what had transpired with mine (just so they have a clue if someone else has similar issues). Also I mentioned day/night image scheduling in case it's possible in a future firmware update.
I also e-mail Sunba and let them know about the problems with the IR and ask more detail information on the preset menu and what the numbers on THE LED -ON AND OFF MEAN.
I hope they can give us this information.
Regards.
Chewie

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Here's an update to my time synchronization issue. The Sumba stayed synchronized all day yesterday. However, this morning it was 2 seconds off. So sometime after midnight it lost sync with my time server. Then I looked at the Advanced Setting for Auto Maintain. The Sunba camera does an Auto Reboot every Tuesday at Midnight. I think this caused my loss of time sync with my NTP server last night. I think the camera might have a bug in the firmware that some changes to the camera settings or this Auto Reboot will cause the camera to lose time sync. Anyway, that is my best theory. From now on, when I change anything in the camera I will reset just the NTP setting for the camera after all my other changes have been made. When I did this today, the Sunba time matched all my other cameras.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
well , here is 2 more pictures, I think is getting better.
Is it a complete darkness or there is some street light? To me it doesn't look ideal but I guess it's good enough for an overall view.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Just wanted to add a "me too" post. My Sunba came in yesterday. I haven't mounted it on the vacation home (won't be there for another two weeks), but did manage to test it through a 75' CCA patch cable using PoE injectors and the stock 2A power supply. I set it to NTSC, 30FPS, BEST for bit rate, and it performed flawlessly. No hiccups.

Everything I tested so far has been using the CMS program. I tried using the web interface, but it demanded I install Quicktime - and my PC's all have fatal allergies to Apple software...

If I get bored (read: find enough time), I may hook it up to my BI server and do some more testing.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How do things look when you have motion? Do things look blurry at all during motion?
Hello Lulu5
Regarding your question, no it does not get blurry, is just bright when the cars come around, but people walking or cats it does not get blurry, I'll keep my eye on it.
Regards.
Chewie.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Regarding my post above, my Sunba just rebooted exactly at 12 noon. I guess the reboot isn't at midnight on Tuesday, but right at 12:00:00. Anyone else notice this?

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is it a complete darkness or there is some street light? To me it doesn't look ideal but I guess it's good enough for an overall view.
My street has street lights, so is not complete Darkness.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Silly question, but for those using BI, what are the PTZ settings in BI? There is no Sunba listed, and trying PelcoD resulted in nada...

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Silly question, but for those using BI, what are the PTZ settings in BI? There is no Sunba listed, and trying PelcoD resulted in nada...
I think this was posted earlier in this thread. Use "xmeye" as the camera "Make". I believe you have to change the Discovery Port to match.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Regarding my post above, my Sunba just rebooted exactly at 12 noon. I guess the reboot isn't at midnight on Tuesday, but right at 12:00:00. Anyone else notice this?
Yep, but if that time isn't good for you, you can set it to whatever suits you.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
If you set it to the "xmeye" in the video configuration, BI will set up the PTZ correctly itself.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
See page 2 of this thread. What version of BI are you running?
I'm running the latest version 4.2.8.5. I think the confusion is with the PTZ function. BI connects just find using the Sunba make, and the 507-20xc model. The problem is that under the PTZ tab, I must choose the network IP camera PTZ controls. By default, it was Axis (I don't know why Axis, as it is not the first in the drop-down list). Since there is no SUNBA under PTZ, I don't know what to choose.

BTW, I tried the xmeye make as shown in your post on page 2 - but the problem remains with what to put under PTZ. What do you have under the PTZ tab?

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
This is the screen I was referring to

@ lulu5kamz
Try this:

Click on the image to enlarge !

@Larebear
I think many Chinese company's used the same software or modifications.
I have placed some SHDI sets with dvr, those used the same software and looks, also some other camera's and hidden camera's that are made in a PIR housing use the same as far i have seen.