Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I should point out, you won't have to twist and/or solder and insulate if you use their pigtails. They include an insulated junction connector, in between the white and silver face plates. Another very nice touch from them.

That's all, until tonight when I can get back to my house and complete the wi-fi setup.
Thanks a lot! I am living vicariously through you at this point, as I am sure many others are. I agree it is a very nice touch to include the pigtail wires and the connector, but I am wondering where I would fit the (apparently) bulky connector. Solder and shrink-wrap would be the solution there, I guess.

Mark

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For whats its worth... both LTS reps said that this doorbell wasn't Onvif... but you are able to pull the RTMP stream for playback and recording to a NVR/Blue Iris etc.
upload_2017-9-27_11-17-33.png

Hmmm...I assumed that the chart above, which indicates "NVR Compatible", meant ONVIF. By the way, the chart above indicates the Skybell HD has only 802.11 b/g only, but that is inaccurate, as mine but is connected to an "N-Only" configured Wi-Fi radio.

Mark

lagvoid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
VorlonFrog, what app does the doorbell indicate you use to operate/receive notifications? I'm happy that we can record with Blueiris, but the slow loading app and 2way audio bug with Blueiris Android limits it's functionality as a real doorbell cam.

Reaction score
VorlonFrog, what app does the doorbell indicate you use to operate/receive notifications? I'm happy that we can record with Blueiris, but the slow loading app and 2way audio bug with Blueiris Android limits it's functionality as a real doorbell cam.
I am an iPhone user, and the iOS app is named Hik-Connect.
I won't know until I return home from work this afternoon just how well the doorbell and app does (or doesn't) respond/notify.

lagvoid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
How slow is the Blue Iris loading "bug" within the android app. This is the first that I am hearing about it...

Reaction score
Thanks a lot! I am living vicariously through you at this point, as I am sure many others are. I agree it is a very nice touch to include the pigtail wires and the connector, but I am wondering where I would fit the (apparently) bulky connector. Solder and shrink-wrap would be the solution there, I guess.

Mark
I agree, solder and shrink-wrap would be MUCH easier to work with. Still, the kit pretty much has you covered, which I wasn't really expecting. There's even a loading resistor included if you choose not to connect your bell/ringer.

lagvoid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How slow is the Blue Iris loading "bug" within the android app. This is the first that I am hearing about it...
I wouldn't call Blue Iris for Android loading a bug, it just feels slow to load and switch between recordings and live view. Sorry for any confusion.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I wouldn't call Blue Iris for Android loading a bug, it just feels slow to load and switch between recordings and live view. Sorry for any confusion.
Sounds like my Skybell HD iOS app, but I am using an old-ass iPhone 6. :smash:

bhoth

n3wb
Reaction score
Keep the reviews coming! So since this doorbell does not talk Onvif, what does RTMP stream mean? I have a Hikvision DS-7716NI-SP / 16 NVR. I want the doorbell to stream through wifi then through my LAN to the NVR. I have a 16 channel NVR but how does that work when it it does not directly connect to one of the Ethernet ports?

Thank you

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
There is something wrong with your phone....its crazy fast on the phones I used...two way audio does in fact work my hikvision/rebranded cube camera...

Reaction score
Okay, I got the camera wired up, used the load resistor so we don't have to listen to a doorbell ringing in the house (we have terriers who HATE doorbells.) Setup was a little difficult, and I may very well reset it and start over this coming weekend. For now, it connects to the app on my phone and provides video. What has thrown me initially is that the MAC address printed on the ID sticker on the box is NOTHING like the actual MAC address registering from the device.

ID Sticker: 14-2F-FD-xx-yy-zz
Actual MAC: 00:95:69:aa-bb-cc (LSD Science and Technology Co.,Ltd.) WTF?!?

For the benefit of others, here are the open ports detected from the nmap scan I ran against it:
Code:
Nmap scan report for 192.168.1.210
Host is up (0.012s latency).
Not shown: 65531 closed ports
PORT     STATE SERVICE   VERSION
554/tcp  open  rtsp
|_rtsp-methods: ERROR: Script execution failed (use -d to debug)
8000/tcp open  http-alt?
9010/tcp open  sdr?
9020/tcp open  tambora?
The good news is, SADP v3.0.0.10(20170119) does detect the camera.

SADP Info.png

Here's a snapshot taken with the Hik-Connect app. Nothing has been done to this picture. It looks that bad on my phone, as well. :( And before anyone asks, I *did* remove the plastic shield from both the lens and the IR led ring. No, it's not scratched, either.

IMG-1647.JPG

Blue Iris cannot get any ONVIF information from the camera. It fails with HTTP error response in the 12000 range, I believe they were 12029 (Connection could not be established) and 12031. It does detect the open RTSP port, but doesn't have a clue what are the actual RTSP path names.

Now that it's darker outside, I snapped an IR picture. There's bad IR feedback at both the top and bottom of the image, as you can see.

IMG-1648.JPG

Last edited:

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
There is something wrong with your phone....its crazy fast on the phones I used...two way audio does in fact work my hikvision/rebranded cube camera...
great to hear.. i was getting worried. this is the main reason im getting rid of sighthound software, and setting up a brand new Blue Iris Computer.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Wow.. that truly looks terrible. Was expecting alot better of a picture for day, and night.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm afraid I'm going to have to contact LTS for some support help. Either that, or remove the cover and try to re-focus the lens, which I'd rather not do.
yea, ive seen Ring Doorbells look better than that, and Ring SUCKS... not was most of us wanted to see.

lagvoid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It works well enough, I'll have revisit the 2way audio settings for my cube (hikvision 2432).

Okay, I got the camera wired up, used the load resistor so we don't have to listen to a doorbell ringing in the house (we have terriers who HATE doorbells.) Setup was a little difficult, and I may very well reset it and start over this coming weekend. For now, it connects to the app on my phone and provides video. What has thrown me initially is that the MAC address printed on the ID sticker on the box is NOTHING like the actual MAC address registering from the device.

ID Sticker: 14-2F-FD-xx-yy-zz
Actual MAC: 00:95:69:aa-bb-cc (LSD Science and Technology Co.,Ltd.) WTF?!?

For the benefit of others, here are the open ports detected from the nmap scan I ran against it:
Code:
Nmap scan report for 192.168.1.210
Host is up (0.012s latency).
Not shown: 65531 closed ports
PORT     STATE SERVICE   VERSION
554/tcp  open  rtsp
|_rtsp-methods: ERROR: Script execution failed (use -d to debug)
8000/tcp open  http-alt?
9010/tcp open  sdr?
9020/tcp open  tambora?
The good news is, SADP v3.0.0.10(20170119) does detect the camera.

View attachment 22194

Here's a snapshot taken with the Hik-Connect app. Nothing has been done to this picture. It looks that bad on my phone, as well. :( And before anyone asks, I *did* remove the plastic shield from both the lens and the IR led ring. No, it's not scratched, either.

View attachment 22196

Blue Iris cannot get any ONVIF information from the camera. It fails with HTTP error response in the 12000 range, I believe they were 12029 (Connection could not be established) and 12031. It does detect the open RTSP port, but doesn't have a clue what are the actual RTSP path names.

Now that it's darker outside, I snapped an IR picture. There's bad IR feedback at both the top and bottom of the image, as you can see.

View attachment 22197
Wow, those images are rather disappointing. I'm hoping you have a defective unit or something!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This is the second horrific nighttime shot from these units...day might be a bitrate issue...looks like they are all bad with ir reflection issues

Reaction score
This is the second horrific nighttime shot from these units...day might be a bitrate issue...looks like they are all bad with ir reflection issues
I got a better result when I turned on the front porch lights last night. I sent both pictures you see posted here to LTS overnight. Let's see what they say.

What's also terribly concerning, is I cannot raise ANY kind of web interface from the device. No browser, no port, nothing. How are we supposed to manage the device without it? The app is strictly cloud-based, another weak point. When I woke up this morning to check the image using my phone, the cloud server had logged me out. Ummm, the point of smart phones is to stay/keep logged in, isn't it? I had to re-enter my freaking username and password both this morning.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Chatting with LTS Support this morning:

"There currently is no web interface and that is only a 2MP camera."
"The RTSP paths are not available at this time as well."

:banghead:

It's DEFINITELY going back.

Also FYI, it appears to be the same firmware as this prior HikVision device.
That device provided the following RTSP stream URL:
rtsp://ip_address:554/mpeg4/ch01/main/av_stream

Here's a Technical Bulletin from HikVision regarding that prior device.

Last edited: