Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wow...

Reaction score
If I had to guess about the image quality issues, I'd say there is excessive moisture trapped between the camera lens and the sensor. That's an engineering/manufacturing issue. About the firmware, it appears Hikvision doesn't intend to provide any kind of web interface for configuring the device. I'll also guess they purchased this design/firmware from someone else two years ago, and stripped it down from the intercom to just the doorbell requirements.

lagvoid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That's a sad response, but I guess it's out of their control for now. That image quality looks like a 10 year old laptop webcam...they can't be serious.

Thank you for pulling the trigger and testing for us.

Reaction score
Chatting with LTS Support this morning:

"There currently is no web interface and that is only a 2MP camera."
"The RTSP paths are not available at this time as well."

:banghead:

It's DEFINITELY going back.

Also FYI, it appears to be the same firmware as this prior HikVision device.
That device provided the following RTSP stream URL:
rtsp://ip_address:554/mpeg4/ch01/main/av_stream

Here's a Technical Bulletin
from HikVision regarding that prior device.
Here's the good news. That RTSP URL is valid for this doorbell camera. :D
And Blue Iris can capture the RTSP stream from it with no issues. :D :D :D

lagvoid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here's the good news. That RTSP URL is valid for this doorbell camera. :D
And Blue Iris can capture the RTSP stream from it with no issues. :D :D :D
Glad to hear at least that's working. Is the stream feeding BI of better quality? Maybe the app is using a severely compressed stream?

Reaction score
Glad to hear at least that's working. Is the stream feeding BI of better quality? Maybe the app is using a severely compressed stream?
The RTSP stream as viewed through VLC appears in much better quality. I suspect the smartphone app is using a lower quality stream, because they know higher quality isn't required for small screens. Going back to that older intercom device, there appear to be multiple stream URLs, so I'll try them later tonight. Right now, I just came home for lunch and wanted to try out several things.

The HikVision Batch Update Tool will NOT successfully configure this doorbell device using the CSV file over an HTTP interface. :(
It does complete successfully if you attempt to modify the network parameters, but it does NOT appear to change anything. :(
I really had hopes the Batch Update Tool would magically work through their port 8000 admin interface. :( :( :(

Finally, here's a VLC snapshot capture from the main RTSP stream. This has been reduced 50% using MS Paint from the original VLC snapshot. Still MUCH better quality and detail.

vlcsnap-error082.png

MAIN STREAM (full quality) rtsp://ip_addr/mpeg4/ch01/main/av_stream

SUB STREAM (app, low quality) rtsp://ip_addr/mpeg4/ch01/sub/av_stream

JPEG SNAPSHOT
http://user:pass@ip_addr/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/101/picture

Last edited:

lagvoid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
There's still hope!
edit: now that looks much better. It's back as a viable option for me instead of doorbird. Hoping it fairs well for reliability and functionality.

Does the Hikconnect app behave differently for the doorbell cam? Instead of just sending a notification to your phone, does it give an option to answer/reject like other doorbell cams?

Last edited:
Reaction score
There's still hope!
edit: now that looks much better. It's back as a viable option for me instead of doorbird. Hoping it fairs well for reliability and functionality.

Does the Hikconnect app behave differently for the doorbell cam? Instead of just sending a notification to your phone, does it give an option to answer/reject like other doorbell cams?
It generates notifications on my phone. When I swipe the notification, it allows me to answer or reject the button-push.

Reaction score
More digging, more treasure. Paging @alastairstevenson you guru of firmware de-bricking, you!! ;)

ftp://ftp.hikvisioneurope.com/Product%20Firmware/Access%20control%20&%20Video%20Intercom/Video%20Intercom/IP%20Video%20Intercom/WIFI%20Door%20Bell/V1.4.61/

digicap_hex_dump.png

Attachments

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
More digging, more treasure.
The firmware is built much like that of an NVR - it's a common Hikvision header covering a cramfs.img
As with NVRs, some of the system files are encrypted, though in this case with a different scheme.
I'm guessing a bit - but it looks like the decryption key may be passed to the device from an external source, maybe some sort of activation / authorisation method.

The firmware may be a stripped down version of something for a more functional device, there are loads of menu items that seem beyond a doorbell.

Here is an example text :
Information
This device is an intelligent terminal station of video intercom system with data transmission via wired network that realizes functions such as resident-to-resident video call, live view, remote unlocking and calling management center. The indoor station is easily installed indoor and the system is operated easily and fluently with touch-screen. It supports Maximum zone setting of 8-ch. By using it you can communicate with other residents or the management center, remote unlock the door of your building and view door station and public IP cameras of your community. It is mainly applied in intelligent building, large community, and other situations.
This device is an intelligent terminal station of video intercom system that realizes functions such as receiving and dealing with alarm information, remote unlocking and calling resident. The master station is installed in the management center and the system is operated easily and fluently with touch-screen, touch-key and mechanical key. It is mainly applied in intelligent building, large community and other situations

Reaction score
The firmware is built much like that of an NVR - it's a common Hikvision header covering a cramfs.img
As with NVRs, some of the system files are encrypted, though in this case with a different scheme.
I'm guessing a bit - but it looks like the decryption key may be passed to the device from an external source, maybe some sort of activation / authorisation method.

The firmware may be a stripped down version of something for a more functional device, there are loads of menu items that seem beyond a doorbell.

Here is an example text :
Hey there!! Thanks for chiming (pun intended) in!! The firmware is DEFINITELY a stripped down version of their video intercom from two years ago.

Reaction score
Curious to see what the night time pics look like now.
I'll be pulling snapshots from the high-quality "main" RTSP stream using VLC, later tonight. Our house has two large carriage lamp fixtures, one on either side of the front door. Each fixture holds two 40-watt incandescent bulbs, for a total of 80 watts illumination on either side of the door. We typically leave the front porch lights on all night, so ultimately, IR isn't a huge issue for my use. Plus, the IR is only rated to 15 feet from the camera, also a rather short distance.

randytsuch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It would be great if you could capture some night time pics with porch lights on, and off.
I typically do not turn on the porch light.
For me, I'm thinking this would be to get notification, act as an intercom if needed, and to be able to see who's ringing the bell when it rings.
BTW, with the wide angle lens on this cam, I don't know if anyone more than 15 feet away could be recognized anyway.