Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

Reaction score
I'm trying to share a video from my LaView doorbell. When I tapped on the little sharing icon during playback the very first time, I had a range of choices on how to share it. However, the subsequent times I try, it defaults to the first choice I made, and there appears to be no way to change that without uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm trying to share a video from my LaView doorbell. When I tapped on the little sharing icon during playback the very first time, I had a range of choices on how to share it. However, the subsequent times I try, it defaults to the first choice I made, and there appears to be no way to change that without uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
Are you on Android? if yes this is really phone and OS version dependent... you can go into settings -> app -> clear defaults that would usually take care of that without reinstalling, some also have options to ask you everytime or remember your choice

milty456

n3wb
Reaction score
I just installed the LA View version.
Amongst the many missing features in the web piece, i have two main issues:
1. Can't figure out FTP and how to configure it
2. Bell used to ding-dong; not it just dings

Any help is appreciated.

Here is a list of stuff I sent to their support staff:

1. Can I have a user manual; the one in the package is for your camera, not doorbell.
2. Interface: what is "power booster" for
3. Under user management why can i only have one user "admin"; there is a table but no add button to add more users
4. Why can't i enter an NTP servers DNS; it makes me enter an IP address; enhancement please
5. Why is the Daylight savings time setup so clunky; should be automatic
6. why is the FTP server set so clunky; should let me enter the FTP path i want; not the dropdown choices you specify; please enhance this as well
7. Linkage method: "Normal" "Notify surveillance center" "FTP" what does "Normal" and "Notify sruveillance center" mean?

8. Alarm uploading: delayed door alarm; what does that mean?

-Rich

milty456

n3wb
Reaction score
Also, another weird bug with the LA View version:

If I log into the web; on live view and click the microphone button to open two way audio, it rings the bell, and crashes the web interface.

Reaction score
Are you on Android? if yes this is really phone and OS version dependent... you can go into settings -> app -> clear defaults that would usually take care of that without reinstalling, some also have options to ask you everytime or remember your choice
Yes, Android 7... I have looked everywhere on my phone in anything to do with apps, and can only find a way to reset ALL apps, not individual ones, which I really don't want to do.

milty456

n3wb
Reaction score
I think i got FTP generally working with my Synology diskstation however i notice the doorbell just keeps logging in and out with out any motion or ringing
Note the log states its not uploading things...just keeps logging in and out.
Thoughts?

upload_2018-3-29_15-43-41.png

Attachments

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think i got FTP generally working with my Synology diskstation however i notice the doorbell just keeps logging in and out with out any motion or ringing
Note the log states its not uploading things...just keeps logging in and out.
Thoughts?

View attachment 28092
Yes, I observed the EXACT same thing (log in/out every 10 seconds), and it will only upload snapshot images and not the full motion recording video clip. I'm a bit disappointed as I was hoping to use the FTP as cloud backup route

milty456

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, I observed the EXACT same thing (log in/out every 10 seconds), and it will only upload snapshot images and not the full motion recording video clip. I'm a bit disappointed as I was hoping to use the FTP as cloud backup route
Yeah I am as well...this seems overly chatty. Not sure I want that on all the time. Only reason i got this doorbell was for that FTP functionality. There are a lot of badly implemented things on this doorbell. Quite frustrating.

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah I am as well...this seems overly chatty. Not sure I want that on all the time. Only reason i got this doorbell was for that FTP functionality. There are a lot of badly implemented things on this doorbell. Quite frustrating.
can't you run/use synology's surveillance station for the camera management?

milty456

n3wb
Reaction score
I'd rather not put overhead on the Synology to do that task; it'd be nice if the doorbell which did it's own monitoring already would just do it's job and dump the file where it's told and not constantly log in and out every 10 seconds; seems like a bug that needs fixin to me.

bbp

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't seem to have any power to the doorbell. If I touch the two wires together I hear the inside doorbell chime, so I know there is power. When I hook up to the doorbell without the resistor my doorbell chimes nonstop. When I add the resistor there is only a chime once when first hooked up, but no flashing red and blue light on the doorbell for setup.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
bbp

DognamedTank

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't seem to have any power to the doorbell. If I touch the two wires together I hear the inside doorbell chime, so I know there is power. When I hook up to the doorbell without the resistor my doorbell chimes nonstop. When I add the resistor there is only a chime once when first hooked up, but no flashing red and blue light on the doorbell for setup.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
bbp
It sounds like you have an electrical chime (instead of a mechanical chime) and/or your doorbell transformer is not giving at least 16 Vac. Many electrical chimes use smaller power supplies. Have you checked what type of transformer you have or tested how many volts it is putting out?

bbp

n3wb
Reaction score
It sounds like you have an electrical chime (instead of a mechanical chime) and/or your doorbell transformer is not giving at least 16 Vac. Many electrical chimes use smaller power supplies. Have you checked what type of transformer you have or tested how many volts it is putting out?
It is electrical. I haven't checked the size of the transformer. Will try and get to it tomorrow. Thanks for the advice.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

bbp

n3wb
Reaction score
Can't find the transformer. Any other options for powering this doorbell up? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Try using a volt ohm meter if possible else what yr was your house built. Mine is in attic above chime,built in early eighties,single story

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Try using a volt ohm meter if possible else what yr was your house built. Mine is in attic above chime,built in early eighties,single story