Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I think there is a way to issue a reboot command from the Web GUI. You could try that to see if your IR comes back on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I tried rebooting last night and that didn't get the IR to turn on. Waited to see what would happen tonight and it didn't turn on again. Not sure what else to do to get the IR to work.

TimTech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sounds like a hardware problem. If you want the IR, contact Uniden. I started the process an received instructions for a RMA. I think they’ll replace it for you. You might want to do a complete power down and restart just to be sure.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Sounds like a hardware problem. If you want the IR, contact Uniden. I started the process an received instructions for a RMA. I think they’ll replace it for you. You might want to do a complete power down and restart just to be sure.

Yeah, I tried the complete power off/on and that didn't fix it. This camera is one they shipped me after I RMA'd my original that was DOA. I had to pay for shipping which wasn't great. I'm going to contact them about this and see what they can do.

thestooge

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
recently picked up the original hik AC version of this and got it running on a 24V 1.0A test bench. all seems good and connected to wifi, receiving incoming call notifications through hik-connect when on mobile data. couldn't seem to record motion events to my nvr, but haven't tinkered around with it yet.

also noticed that the IR didn't come on when i turned the garage light off, waited for 5-10 mins, but no biggie because the location I'm installing it has a standard motion sensor porch light. will have a tinker when it is properly installed.

question regarding power. the unit seems to run quite hot with 24V. the power point where I am installing it already has an AC alarm plug pack 18V 1.3A for my house alarm. can the hik be connected to the alarm plug pack in parallel without any drama? the Kb6003 specs says 0.6A@16V, and the alarm current draw is around 100mA according to the alarm manual (not sure if that is when charging the battery)

if the hik can be connected in parallel, can a mechanical chime be connected in series to the hik circuit as shown in this thread, without affecting the alarm?

also have to rig up some kind of angled bracket because the installation location is perpendicular to the front door...but will sort that out later.

TimTech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I would say yes to the doorbell in parallel since your total amp draw without a chime would be ~700mA without a button push. You need a resistive load in series with the doorbell though if you are not using a chime. Essentially, the doorbell becomes a dead short when the button is pushed. This might burn out your power supply and/or reduce the voltage across your alarm enough to power it down. Even with a chime or resistive load, the alarm voltage might drop below a functional level on a button push. Depends on the total current draw.
Also, verify your power source is AC not DC.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
No IR again tonight. I've emailed Uniden support. Also, I haven't recieved a pop-up notification to interact with someone who rings the doorbell. I get the motion notification but not the other one to talk etc. and I've tried both the Uniden One and Hik-Connect apps.

cdoublejj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
no help to you but, I wish my IR would just stop working so i could see at night.

TimTech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No IR again tonight. I've emailed Uniden support. Also, I haven't recieved a pop-up notification to interact with someone who rings the doorbell. I get the motion notification but not the other one to talk etc. and I've tried both the Uniden One and Hik-Connect apps.
Have you tried to disconnect from Blue Iris, reboot and see if the intercom works after a button push? I don’t have BI, but there might be some kind of interference

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Have you tried to disconnect from Blue Iris, reboot and see if the intercom works after a button push? I don’t have BI, but there might be some kind of interference

I have not, worth a try though. Thanks

thestooge

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I would say yes to the doorbell in parallel since your total amp draw without a chime would be ~700mA without a button push. You need a resistive load in series with the doorbell though if you are not using a chime. Essentially, the doorbell becomes a dead short when the button is pushed. This might burn out your power supply and/or reduce the voltage across your alarm enough to power it down. Even with a chime or resistive load, the alarm voltage might drop below a functional level on a button push. Depends on the total current draw.
Also, verify your power source is AC not DC.

cheers for the reply - will try connecting it up in parallel and see how it goes. yes, i used the resistor included in the hik box and had that wired up in series on the test bench. alarm plug pack is definitely AC. wonder what the current draw with a chime would be...wont be adding one immediately, so perhaps i'll measure with a multimeter at a later date if and when i get one.

thestooge

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
cheers for the reply - will try connecting it up in parallel and see how it goes.
all connected up in parallel with the alarm plug pack, seem to be no adverse effects (alarm is reading normal voltage, doorbell is fully operational)

now just to sort out the other little quirks with this doorbell, like "No platform access" when i hop onto another ssid with my phone, and not recording motion events on NVR...

cdoublejj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
my firmware has no where to set a static IP address. just ports, ftp and https.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Noticed that the latest iOS has broken notifications on the UnidenOne app. Is there another app I can try that will work?

cdoublejj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
iOS 13.1 broke a LOT of stuff including cross site cookies. 13.2 came out today though.

TimTech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I’m still on iOS 12.4. Since I updated to latest Hik-Connect app 3.12, I don’t get any motion detection alarm notifications on Hik-Connect or Uniden One 1.3.1.190213. I get visitor notifications with button presses. Anyone else?

EricLEE

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm having an issue where the MASKED MOTION zone is not being saved, I mask out the area I want to use for motion and when I exit the screen and come back I got a 3 single vertical lines drawn instead.
I have tested this with the RCA, LaView and Hik apps with similar results.

I also tried leaving the masking on full for motion and then editing the area via pc web and again masked areas are inconsistent when exiting and coming back to view the settings

anyone have a similiar problem?

TimTech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I changed my motion detection area in Hik-Vision and saved it. Closed app and reopened and new setting was still there. Opened Uniden One app and new setting was reflected there as well.

I fixed my motion detection problem. Somehow, it got turned off via the web GUI. Turned it on and all is well.

Last edited:

Luvkashyap

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the hikvision version, works fine as integrates with with other poe cameras on my hikvision nbr, only thing i wasnt keen on was the ir nightvision as theres a security light next to doorbell.
When looking at settings on my nvr for the door bell i unchecked the use h264 for initial access option.
Camera now displaying in colour at night although i think from the reflections the ir lights are still turned on
Hi

I have a Hikvision NVR, I was able to add the door bell (after getting the IP from the SADP tool). But the ONVIF protocol doesnt work, only Hikvision protoclo works. Also when I try to do a playback, it says error, no files to display. I chked in NVR as well, it seems to be there, recording also enabled but nothing is being recorded. What could be the reason ? Do you mind sharing the coinfigurations if recording continous on NVR works for u