Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. Isn't there a wattage minimum requirement too for cameras? Sorry I'm not the brightest with electricity but would low voltage also mean low wattage?
The Wifi thing is always a concern with reliability especially if wanting to do 24/7 recording and if it is the only camera on this area. My Wifi router is literally a few feet away from the front door in the basement directly below and has great signal strength, so I wonder if it would still be an issue.
This should not be your only camera...but it does have an sd card slot so it will record even when no wifi signal is present...the transformer will supply more than enough power for this unit..

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I heard LTS doesn't sell directly to end-users, they require an installer to come out to install it for you, is this true? Or are there any other outlets we can buy from?

Reaction score
I heard LTS doesn't sell directly to end-users, they require an installer to come out to install it for you, is this true? Or are there any other outlets we can buy from?
I spoke with someone in the LTS office in Atlanta this morning, and they confirmed they wouldn't deal directly with me. Instead, they'll have an authorized installer contact me.

As for other outlets, search for model "LTK6128W doorbell camera" and you'll find this:
LTS LTK6128W-WIFI 2.1MP IR Fixed Wireless Doorbell Cube Network Security Camera (Coming Soon!) - $0.00

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
That access is allowed for dealers / authorized-users only
Their response today was less than helpful. :( I told them I was interested in obtaining a doorbell camera, and they wanted me to signup for a login to their web site.

Reaction score
So the reseller had some in stock? You end up paying the $221 shown on your link above or something different?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
How much are you paying? I'm assuming you're not required to get an authorized installer from LTS, right?

Thankfully, their local "authorized installer" gave me a call this morning.
Quite a pleasure to talk with, and very knowledgeable and helpful.
I should have a new doorbell camera as soon as he can get one shipped. :D

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am guessing he found an installer willing to sell one for self-installation, but I think we are all waiting with our mouth's open for the response. :idk:

Reaction score
So the reseller had some in stock? You end up paying the $221 shown on your link above or something different?
No, none in stock locally. He was given the same ETA on this camera I received from LTS Atlanta on the phone yesterday. They should be arriving at LTS and shipping out to authorized installers on/after Friday, 9/22.

Reaction score
Ok, so they are shipping out and should be hitting more and more resellers in the coming weeks. Some light at the end of the tunnel.

Wonder what this means for the availability of the Hikvision unit.

Reaction score
Ok, so they are shipping out and should be hitting more and more resellers in the coming weeks. Some light at the end of the tunnel.

Wonder what this means for the availability of the Hikvision unit.
I'd guess, and this is 100% guessing, their first production run(s) went to Clare and LTS. I wouldn't expect to see any unbranded/OEM versions of these just yet. I could definitely be wrong, but I'd wager Clare and LTS were big investors in bringing this thing to the US market for HikVision. For their investment, they were probably provided the majority of the first production run(s).

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
Arrrrgh.... Hik-Connect app for iPhone hasn't sent an authorization code for almost an hour now.
How's someone supposed to get setup/started if their servers won't issue a code?

Stupid messages auto-flagged as Spam. ARRRRRRGHHHHHHH!!!!!

Anyone have any idea about replacing/upgrading the lens in this camera? it definitely isn't the M12 style traditionally found in other cameras.

Attachments

Last edited:

SuruGuru

n3wb
Reaction score

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Reaction score
rippoff....LTS sells it for 169...
hopefully that's an early adopter price. Still, I'm glad he got one this quick and looking forward to the review. I have a gut feeling the camera will be good but the app performance will be lackluster for some reason. Not sure why - I hope I'm wrong.

My primary interest is blue iris integration and viewing with tiny cams pro. This is about the only clean way to get an "Amazon package" camera in my doorway as it's recessed and hidden from my other cameras. I'm interested in its dynamic range performance as the FOV seems like it will be wide enough that it will be capturing both shaded and full sun regions, with the shaded regions in the doorway being those of the most importance.