Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

lagvoid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi lagvoid,

How long do you have until the return window closes?
When I bought, Laview was advertising the holiday free return period (60 days). They better be counting from when I received it since it took so long.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have one one the way. Couple of questions for those who have them and are not happy. Do you have an NVR? I’m getting the LaView version and I have a 8 channel LaView NVR. I figure that I can do most or all of the settings via the NVR. Also curious does it record sound to the NVR 24x7 as well?
Hi Paul D,

Audio is typically embedded in the video, H.264 or H.265 encoded.

lagvoid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think I have a defective cam...I hope it's not me!

My doorbell cam doesn't record events to the SD card. The app streams fine without delay and I receive notifications when someone rings it. None of these events record even after initializing the camera and resetting it 2x now.

I added the camera to my Blue Iris server using the RTSP string provided earlier. This stream is really bad. The quality is fine, but the frame rate is stuck at 1 fps or lower when I view properties. The bit rate is showing at 120 kB/s. Due to the reduced frame rate, the Blue Iris stream is unusable in choppy slow motion. I don't believe this is a wifi issue since the signal is strong and the app works without issue. Any help would be appreciated!

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For me, live view seems to work great. Recording/playback from BlueIris is pretty good, but does have some lag. Frames freeze, but does not appear to be skipping any frames. Mine keeps disconnecting from wifi and as it tries to reconnect, it continuously rings the chime every minute or so. It's not a wifi source signal issue... could be a bad/weak wifi antennae in the cam. When someone rings the door bell, the live video won't load; but viewing live will work.

Laview Customer support responded just now. Here's their response to my question regarding accessing the cam's web interface and wifi signal issues:

----------------------------------------------

LaView Support (LaView Security)

Dec 18, 10:11 AM PST

Hello,

Our developers just released a new update that seems to have cleared a couple of bugs, including the addition of a web interface to modify the motion detect settings.
Please follow the instructions below to update yours and let us know if you have any further issues.

Instructions: Remove the doorbell from power, place the provided update file into the micro sd card of the doorbell camera, re-insert the sd card, reconnect power to the doorbell and allow it to go through the update process. Thereafter, the camera should connect back to your account so you don't have to go through the setup process again. The camera should then be updated. We have seen that there is a lesser amount of notifications and the camera will also record to the NVR when motion is detected.

download link: Dropbox - digicap.dav

-----------------------------

I will try this when I get home this evening.

Last edited:

lpd82

n3wb
Reaction score
For me, live view seems to work great. Recording/playback from BlueIris is pretty good, but does have some lag. Frames freeze, but does not appear to be skipping any frames. Mine keeps disconnecting from wifi and as it tries to reconnect, it continuously rings the chime every minute or so. It's not a wifi source signal issue... could be a bad/weak wifi antennae in the cam. When someone rings the door bell, the live video won't load; but viewing live view will work.

Laview Customer support responded just now. Here's there response to my question regarding accessing the cam's web interface and wifi signal issues:

----------------------------------------------

LaView Support (LaView Security)

Dec 18, 10:11 AM PST

Hello,

Our developers just released a new update that seems to have cleared a couple of bugs, including the addition of a web interface to modify the motion detect settings.
Please follow the instructions below to update yours and let us know if you have any further issues.

Instructions: Remove the doorbell from power, place the provided update file into the micro sd card of the doorbell camera, re-insert the sd card, reconnect power to the doorbell and allow it to go through the update process. Thereafter, the camera should connect back to your account so you don't have to go through the setup process again. The camera should then be updated. We have seen that there is a lesser amount of notifications and the camera will also record to the NVR when motion is detected.

download link: Dropbox - digicap.dav

-----------------------------

I will try this when I get home this evening.
Please let me know which version after you install. I'm waiting for an update to fix my sensors. After reviewing the your link and the one laview sent me, it's the same link. I hope the update the file.

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The new firmware gives me access to the web interface, but the cam's connection to wifi is horrible. I was able to grab this screen before I lost connection.

Attachments

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's not a wifi source signal issue... could be a bad/weak wifi antennae in the cam. When someone rings the door bell, the live video won't load; but viewing live will work.
Interesting. On my Skybell HD, I typically experience similar video not loading issues on door bell presses, but live view works fine. I also have strong Wi-Fi signal at my bell. This must be an issue with the cloud round trip others mentioned as problematic sometimes.

Completely unrelated products experiencing similar issues. I wonder if they use the same cloud back end provider?

My ISP is Comcast, in case that is relevant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lpd82

n3wb
Reaction score
The new firmware gives me access to the web interface, but the cam's connection to wifi is horrible. I was able to grab this screen before I lost connection.
hm..interesting. That's the same firmware I have, my wifi seems fine though.

lagvoid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I received the same firmware from support. I gained web access and event recording is now working for the SD card. I'm still having low frame rate issues through BI though.

Gus13

n3wb
Reaction score
Installed the new firmware on my hikvision, findings are:

-web admin page now accessible from Internet Explorer.
-wifi: no issues (testing was quite a distance from router)
-web admin pages now allow edit of display elements, like camera name. Mine was always "camera 01". this can now be changed. along wth the usual OSD elements.
-DHCP was disabled and a static ip of 192.168.0.111 was assigned. Can be changed in SADP.
-Streaming: usual RTSP url no longer works, need to test other formats.
-Streaming protocol ONVIF now enabled.
-Streaming protocol HIKVISION now enabled.
-Motion alerts now sent HikVision NVR for Smart Alerts.
-Motion sense areas can now be set.
-Can be added to HikVision NVR using Auto/Plug and Play. No need for custom add or custom protocol.
-Overall very stable.

testing will coninue...

cheers

Gus

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good to hear everything seems to be working well for you. I wonder what the minimum signal strength dB this cam requires? Can you use an app like WiFi Analyzer to check your signal at the cam (with the front door shut)?

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks!

Any idea what "Power Booster" under System Settings was intended for?

Gus13

n3wb
Reaction score
saw that too, i thought perhaps it was ir booster but that was just a hunch

lpd82

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you buy from HK vision directly? I wonder if I can put HKVISION firmware on my LaView. Also, would you mind posting the firmware number?

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you buy from HK vision directly? I wonder if I can put HKVISION firmware on my LaView. Also, would you mind posting the firmware number?
Use the one I posted. I'm also using a laview labeled cam, but it should work on any of these hiks.

Gus13

n3wb
Reaction score
Ultimately it is hik firmware. The version number is one point increase from the official hik fw. I would say support functions from partners like laview have got early access for testing and hence why they are supplying via their support function. Expect the one from tygger to be formal on hik download site soon

Paul D

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Another quick question. If you are recording to a NVR is the memory card used at all? Was wondering if it recording to both

Gus13

n3wb
Reaction score
I expect both since the feed is on all the time regardless. For example vlc can pull the feed etc. I can check tonight