Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

lpd82

n3wb
Reaction score
you guys don't have problem with your sensors? My motion alert turn itself off after the first trigger.

Last edited:

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That is a promising update from Gus on the latest FW fixes/features. If next FW update can disable IR as my porch LED light is already bright, I think I'll jump on the bandwagon since Hikvision FW can be applied to all rebranded variants like the Annke cube cameras. Now hoping LaView can come up with a another sale maybe Christmas $99 sale!

lagvoid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My events stopped recording to the SD card again. I think my device is defective and will likely return or replace it at this point. I tested my wifi signal and get -40 to -45. I have the Netgear Orbi and my wifi signal is strong at my neighbors house.

I watch the live feed in the app and on IE on my desktop smoothly at the same time.

Update: My Blue Iris stream appears to be resolved. I had to check use RTP/UDP ports and use the Doorbell's server port. If this was required before, I overlooked it.

Last edited:

lpd82

n3wb
Reaction score
FYI - there's a new firmware OTA through laview connect. Current version: 171212

Motion alert fixed and I noticed it stream smoother. I think they changed the voice of "the subscriber you dialed is busy now, please try again later." She seems nice. =p

argghh...this is so frustrating..motion alert broke again. This time, I'm getting alert for everything EXCEPT for the area I set for.

Last edited:

lagvoid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
FYI - there's a new firmware OTA through laview connect. Current version: 171212

Motion alert fixed and I noticed it stream smoother. I think they changed the voice of "the subscriber you dialed is busy now, please try again later." She seems nice. =p
Thanks for that, I hope they keep pumping firmware fixes out. That leaves me a little more hopeful.

Paul D

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

argghh...this is so frustrating..motion alert broke again. This time, I'm getting alert for everything EXCEPT for the area I set for.
I thought the "busy signal" sound was replaced with a doorbell sound. Are you saying that is now says " the subscriber you dialed is busy..."? I just want a simple door bell sound for my door bell. or at least an option

Gus13

n3wb
Reaction score
i've decided to do away with that feaure, and just turn down the volume entirely. So visitors hear nothing, not even the intercom which i'm doubtfull i'll use, when they ring the bell it flashes, that is it.
My thinking was this...if i am in, and someone rings the bell and i then answer the door, the "women" in the doorbell doesnt know i have answered, unless i use the app, but when I AM IN i wont use the app. then what? I then answer the door, speak for a moment to the postman or whoever, then as we are talking, the doorbell would say "the subscriber is not available please dial again later". I then look silly and we both wonder why my doorbell is talking to us. No thanks.

Paul D

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i've decided to do away with that feaure, and just turn down the volume entirely. So visitors hear nothing, not even the intercom which i'm doubtfull i'll use, when they ring the bell it flashes, that is it.
My thinking was this...if i am in, and someone rings the bell and i then answer the door, the "women" in the doorbell doesnt know i have answered, unless i use the app, but when I AM IN i wont use the app. then what? I then answer the door, speak for a moment to the postman or whoever, then as we are talking, the doorbell would say "the subscriber is not available please dial again later". I then look silly and we both wonder why my doorbell is talking to us. No thanks.
Mine is on its way, and if there is not a door bell sound, that is probably what I would do as well. Actually I have a skybell right now, and now that I think of it, I have the doorbell sound turned off outdoors.

lpd82

n3wb
Reaction score
I thought the "busy signal" sound was replaced with a doorbell sound. Are you saying that is now says " the subscriber you dialed is busy..."? I just want a simple door bell sound for my door bell. or at least an option
This is when you reject it on the app.

Before: When you press a button, the bell will go "ding dong" follows by beep beep beep beep then follows by "the subscriber you dialed is busy now, please try again later."
Now: When you press a button, the bell will go "ding dong" follows by silence then follows by "the subscriber you dialed is busy now, please try again later."

there's no feedback after the first press. I particular like a "ding dong" for each press to indicate to the user that they did pressed the button and it worked.

lpd82

n3wb
Reaction score
Gus - I was initially opposed to the idea of two ways communication, however, I find that it's useful to let the person at the door knows you're coming or not coming. It acknowledge to them that you are aware of their presence whether you're home or not.

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Clare Controls is providing an update, will update after holidays. They state:

Introducing the Clare Video Doorbell - Version 2 which brings many huge improvements over the previous version.
  • Includes a wedge and spacer to ease installation. No drilling required!
  • Improved setup and pairing process on your 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network
  • Enhanced infrared night time visibility
  • Improved functionality of recorded video playback
  • Motion detection and sensitivity settings in the ClareVision Plus App!
The ClareVision Plus App update brings all the latest features to existing doorbells! Here's how you update:
Update Your ClareVision Plus App
  1. Open iOS or Android app store
  2. Search for "ClareVision Plus"
  3. Tap the Update Button
Update Your Video Doorbell Firmware
  1. Access the ClareVision Plus App
  2. Tap on the blue dot next to the Clare Video Doorbell Camera's name
  3. Scroll down to Device Version, and tap the blue dot
  4. Tap Upgrade
  5. Tap Upgrade Now to confirm the upgrade
Note: If your device version shows 2.0.0, then you have the latest firmware

MPORTANT NOTE: Updating the Video Doorbell firmware to version 2.0.0 will erase all previously recorded video footage. Backup your desired recordings to your smart device before updating!

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Clare Controls is providing an update, will update after holidays. They state:

Introducing the Clare Video Doorbell - Version 2 which brings many huge improvements over the previous version.
  • Includes a wedge and spacer to ease installation. No drilling required!
  • Improved setup and pairing process on your 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network
  • Enhanced infrared night time visibility
  • Improved functionality of recorded video playback
  • Motion detection and sensitivity settings in the ClareVision Plus App!
That is good news on the wedge and spacers, IR enhancement, MD settings and love the frequents updates they've been pushing out on these video doorbells. Did they happen to hint that IR can be disabled in this enhancement FW v2 update?

Gus13

n3wb
Reaction score
Do they mean new hardware? so a new doorbell is coming? or is this all firmware?
cheers
Gus

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Do they mean new hardware? so a new doorbell is coming? or is this all firmware?
cheers
Gus
That is good news on the wedge and spacers, IR enhancement, MD settings and love the frequents updates they've been pushing out on these video doorbells. Did they happen to hint that IR can be disabled in this enhancement FW v2 update?
They are unclear about whether it's new hardware. My take is that they are adding the wedge, new app update and updated firmware. Will inquire after holidays (or you can send them an email help@clarecontrols.com).

Sorry, they don't mention IR on/off option, which is one option I requested.

lpd82

n3wb
Reaction score
This is so frustrating, I turned off alerts, but I am still getting them. =\

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did the most recent update via the app and now can no longer access the web interface. Anyone else having this issue?

lagvoid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I did the most recent update via the app and now can no longer access the web interface. Anyone else having this issue?
Just checked mine and it works on desktop but no longer via Chrome on my Android phone. I was able to before.

lpd82

n3wb
Reaction score
I was only able to access through IE before. Which firmware version?