Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Great, thank you so much for the information. I'm having an outdoor IP video camera security system with NVR installed. How do I pair this to the NVR to record continuously (and view remotely from the NVR feed).
Depends on the NVR maker, if its hikvision OEM nvr you are golden and even motion detection will work, any other brand NVR you will either be using ONVIF or RTSP protocol for the 24/7 stream but there's no gurantee the motion detection triggered event recording would work (you still have the recording on the 24/7 stream, just no nice "bookmark" for the event and you have to hunt for it via the push notification time stamp from your phone app

Tristan944

n3wb
Reaction score
Depends on the NVR maker, if its hikvision OEM nvr you are golden and even motion detection will work, any other brand NVR you will either be using ONVIF or RTSP protocol for the 24/7 stream but there's no gurantee the motion detection triggered event recording would work (you still have the recording on the 24/7 stream, just no nice "bookmark" for the event and you have to hunt for it via the push notification time stamp from your phone app
I'm getting the Hunt HNR32P6-16. I think that's a Hikvision. Would that NVR work with the features you mentioned?

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
RE: IR LED On/Off request response

I received a response from Clare Controls stating that due to the design, the development team can't add an option to control the IR LEDS.

I also reiterated the request to turn off announcements when the internet is down and also an option to turn off the canned message when no one answers the call/doorbell. They sent the requests to the developers.

On a good note, they are sending me a wedge.

Reaction score
In regards to the announcements, is it true that you can turn the volume down on the doorbell so that no sounds come out of it? I'm willing to live with no sounds from the doorbell since I'm not too interested in the 2 way audio.

ken830

n3wb
Reaction score
My RCA V1.4.62 Build 171127 doesn't play the "unavailable" message. But my brand-new mechanical door chime is buzzing like crazy.

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes but try cleaning the dome lens REALLY well, that help. To get it to the most have to clean the inside of the lens too but that is a semi major undertaking

ken830

n3wb
Reaction score
Really that's interesting, Both mine do/did the announcement. Have you tried putting the resistor between the two contacts at the bell? That helped a bit for me. I read one guy actually rigged a small relay instead of the resistor.
No, I have not. What value did you use? I'll have to try.

dmcwhinnie

n3wb
Reaction score
pre-recorded messages really bug me though
Has any tried modifying the audio files contained in the firmware? Here are the list of audio files I extracted from the firmware on Nelly's site, maybe they can just be updated and put back on the firmware.

upload_2018-3-9_21-12-26.png

dmcwhinnie

n3wb
Reaction score
that's kinda what I thought someone might be able to do, but unsure how to proceed myself. If you give it a try, please let us know.
Just ordered the LaView version from Newegg, ($30 off this weekend) so may be a couple weeks or more before I try to modify it,

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
that's kinda what I thought someone might be able to do, but unsure how to proceed myself. If you give it a try, please let us know.

@edit, looking at the file names, I wonder why they treat it like a phone call or something. LOL
Because they based the doorbell firmware off of existing intercom model where the ring would actually call a number

ken830

n3wb
Reaction score
Which vendor/brand did you buy? my RCA version came with the resistor in the kit
I just checked and it does not include a resistor. Are you sure you have an RCA? The user manual (see image) has a complete list of everything in the box, which is fully accounted for.

I think the resistor is a like a 10ohm.
What wattage?

Attachments

ken830

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok I looked at the resistor, it is a 10 ohm / 10 watt resistor that comes with it. However, I don't think it needs to be exactly that, In fact I wonder if it wouldn't work a little better with a slight lower value. Currently, with the resistor, about half the times, I get only the Ding and not the Dong, LOL. :)

Thanks. If your chime isn't getting enough power, you probably need a higher resistor value, not lower.

greg_mitch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
still ? Can't find it.
It looks like demand drove the price up. Only reason to get the RCA version now would be for the fact it doesn't have a logo on the front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qfwfq

n3wb
Reaction score
Really that's interesting, Both mine do/did the announcement. Have you tried putting the resistor between the two contacts at the bell?
Where exactly does the resistor go? The picture on the manual show it in series after the camera. However, I don't know how to solder, and I don't have room for a connector behind the camera. If there is a placement that does not require soldering it would be great. My chime is also buzzing like a cicada. Sorry if it's a trivial question. My knowledge of electronics stops at pushing buttons on the remote control.

qfwfq

n3wb
Reaction score
Putting the resistor in line like that is only if you are wiring doorbell directly w/o a doorbell. Check out, H Series Doorbell Camera Quickstart Guide - Nelly's Security

However, I think the resistor (Or whatever it is) from August, that I posted about a few posts up works better than the one that came with the doorbell.
Thank you! That stopped the buzzing.
However, now my bell dings but doesn't dong. I can live with that though.