Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

dubb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So what onvif camera is recommended?

JaredRS1

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to the manual for this? I've got the uniden version and it has a power setting in it. Im curious what that does. Its only running on a 10a transformer right now, but im planning on swapping over to a 30a, im wondering if using this setting would allow the doorbell to make better use of the available power.

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey @JaredRS1, if you're referring to the Power Booster setting it won't have any impact without the power booster device from Hikvision (or whoever the rebrand is from).

Are you having power problems with the doorbell because a 10 amp should be fine. Here's a screenshot from the specs: 2019-03-01_1020

Last edited:

JaredRS1

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Ryan. I am still having network drops fairly routinely, even though there is a pretty solid wifi signal at the door. I'm going to try an repeater about 8 ft away to see if it helps, but thats going to put a repeater 20 ft or so from the main router, so im not sure how helpful it will really be. If that doesnt work I was going to try for a 30a just to see if it made any difference.

VisionxOrb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks Ryan. I am still having network drops fairly routinely, even though there is a pretty solid wifi signal at the door. I'm going to try an repeater about 8 ft away to see if it helps, but thats going to put a repeater 20 ft or so from the main router, so im not sure how helpful it will really be. If that doesnt work I was going to try for a 30a just to see if it made any difference.
I had to step up to a 24v ( went with a 40va) transformer to get mine solid, the 16v I picked up from HD wasnt enough to work perfect. Guess I have crappy wiring in this almost 40yr old house.

goofball

n3wb
Reaction score
FWIW, I didn't have any issues during testing inside house about 30ft away from the router with a wall in between and a 40A 16v transformer.
I have it hooked up now to the 10A 16v doorbell transformer and no issues, though I do have an AP (through powerline) at the front of the house, probably about 8ft away from the door. Has been stable for a day now. I'll have to log into the AP to see the signal strength, will post it later when I can check it.

JaredRS1

n3wb
Reaction score
FWIW, I didn't have any issues during testing inside house about 30ft away from the router with a wall in between and a 40A 16v transformer.
I have it hooked up now to the 10A 16v doorbell transformer and no issues, though I do have an AP (through powerline) at the front of the house, probably about 8ft away from the door. Has been stable for a day now. I'll have to log into the AP to see the signal strength, will post it later when I can check it.
Thats whats interesting to me, my router shows the doorbell had a very strong wifi signal (ASUS doesnt give me a db rating.. just a graphical representation) but it still seems to drop fairly routinely. Originally when i installed it, it dropped constantly. My doorbell was actually wired with cat5e (3 year old house) and was only using 1 strand for power one for return. I pulled things apart, twisted 4 cable strands together for power and return line, and its gotten more stable, but blue iris is still only showing frame rates of under 2 fps most the time, with dips well below 1 frequently.

Ive got a repeater thats going to be delivered this weekend. Hopefully that fixes things and I dont have to try a larger transformer. My router is almost a straight shot from the doorbell, about 20-25 feet away. A few walls in the way, but there is an old dlink wireless camera inside, on the same wall as the doorbell 6 feet away and its rock solid. I have a stucco exterior, so I know its impacting the wifi signal for the doorbell... I just cant really tell how much.

The transformer upgrade for me is a last ditch effort. The current 10a transformer is in a socket junction box in the wall behind the doorbell chime itself. I'm struggling to find a 30A that will fit in the box so that I dont have to cut up the wall and put in a larger box to accommodate a larger transformer.

goofball

n3wb
Reaction score
The transformer upgrade for me is a last ditch effort. The current 10a transformer is in a socket junction box in the wall behind the doorbell chime itself. I'm struggling to find a 30A that will fit in the box so that I dont have to cut up the wall and put in a larger box to accommodate a larger transformer.
If you have a free socket, you could use a wall plugin? Something like this?

https://www.amazon.ca/Sontro-Security-40VA-Plug-Transformer/dp/B076P16LZ8/ref=sr_1_22?keywords=16v+transformer&qid=1551465835&s=gateway&sr=8-22

JaredRS1

n3wb
Reaction score
I dont have a free socket anywhere near where the existing wiring is. best i could do is remove the existing transformer, convert that into an actual socket, plug this in there, and remount the door chime below it. Im pretty sure the WAF of doing that would end up with the new doorbell in the trash can :) Good idea.. but wont work for me the way they ran the doorbell wiring.

goofball

n3wb
Reaction score
I dont have a free socket anywhere near where the existing wiring is. best i could do is remove the existing transformer, convert that into an actual socket, plug this in there, and remount the door chime below it. Im pretty sure the WAF of doing that would end up with the new doorbell in the trash can :) Good idea.. but wont work for me the way they ran the doorbell wiring.
You might have to bring your old transformer in to measure. I'm wondering if the Heath Zenith, with the different 8v/16v/20v 20A setting would fit? It sounds like you have a real issue with space, and looking to purchase online would be difficult, as measurements for the transformers aren't usually provided.

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with using the different apps with iOS? I've been using the HikVision app, and it adds about 20% battery drain over the course of a normal day. Is this about normal with the other apps? Are others more battery friendly?

goofball

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone made an extended box for this? Mine is on the trim around the door, and has the brick on the left, which obscures pretty much anything on the left. The IR also reflects off of the brick. I was thinking of crafting something but was curious if anyone else had done anything previously. I probably need about an inch of depth for the extension box.

I've tried using EZViz and RCA Security apps, as they have finer motion sensing control, but the motion draw area is not working for either.
On the RCA app, it cannot show the Live View in the motion drawing section, though Live View works. As a result, it will not give the option to select any areas.
On the EZViz app, I can see, set, and save but when I exit, it goes back to All Areas, and all the areas I had specified are cleared out.

Thanks.

69ragtop

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey @JaredRS1, if you're referring to the Power Booster setting it won't have any impact without the power booster device from Hikvision (or whoever the rebrand is from).

Are you having power problems with the doorbell because a 10 amp should be fine. Here's a screenshot from the specs: 2019-03-01_1020
The transformer isn't 10A. It is 10VA. 0.6 amps at 16V is 9.6VA which is pushing it.

adam_adam

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry if this was answered, I searched in the thread and have read all 87 pages (took me 5 days to digest it).

Like goofball, I have spent much time skimming through this thread as well. However, I am a total newbie to IP cams and Blue Iris, so I'm just trying to 'digest' even half of what I read.

I have a Uniden doorbell cam that works in the following ways:
- door chime works
- Uniden app works
- I can navigate via browser to cam's IP address and see live video, and I set a new password.

When I add the cam to Blue Iris via Find/Inspect, I get a no signal error. I've read a lot of different info about ports/settings/paths to use, but I can't seem to figure out what goes where. Any help would be appreciated...

When I add the cam to BI:
http:// (cam's IP address only?)
User admin
Password (new p/w I set via browsing to IP address)
Make (I've tried various suggestions -- not sure)
Model (?)
Media/video/RSTP port 554, or other?
Discovery/ONVIF port 8999 or other?
Video (is this where I put the "RTSP path"?)
Params (?)

bookemdano

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here's how my HSDB1 is set up. With this configuration you should get not only video but also 2-way audio

http:// (cam's IP address)
User admin
Make Hikvision
Model DS-2CDxxxx RTSP
Media/video/RSTP port
Discovery/ONVIF port 8999
Video Path /h264/ch01/main/av_stream
Params leave blank

Also, on the Audio tab make sure you tick the box for "Enable audio channel" and leave the radio button on IP camera stream (if you want audio to record. If you don't then leave it unchecked).

socrbrian

n3wb
Reaction score
Here's how my HSDB1 is set up. With this configuration you should get not only video but also 2-way audio

http:// (cam's IP address)
User admin
Make Hikvision
Model DS-2CDxxxx RTSP
Media/video/RSTP port
Discovery/ONVIF port 8999
Video Path /h264/ch01/main/av_stream
Params leave blank

Also, on the Audio tab make sure you tick the box for "Enable audio channel" and leave the radio button on IP camera stream (if you want audio to record. If you don't then leave it unchecked).
Been trying to get the two way audio working with BI.. Using the same setting but I can not speak out of the doorbell. What firmware are you on? I am V1.4.62 build 180726 via nelly's

Reaction score
Have a U-Bell DB1 and tried bookemdano's setting - no go . I open the web page it asks for user and password. I reset the doorbell (15 sec button push) and used my QR code on my app (did not re-register) to connect it to the Wi-FI. I tried old passwords etc/ Any suggestions to get around user + password problem.

Thanks, Frank

goofball

n3wb
Reaction score
Have a U-Bell DB1 and tried bookemdano's setting - no go . I open the web page it asks for user and password. I reset the doorbell (15 sec button push) and used my QR code on my app (did not re-register) to connect it to the Wi-FI. I tried old passwords etc/ Any suggestions to get around user + password problem.

Thanks, Frank
Try admin and adminverificationcode
The verification code is on the doorbell label.