The Typical picture of a Perp on Nextdoor-type Apps with Consumer Grade Cameras like Ring, Nest, Arlo, Canary, Wyze, etc.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This car was rummaged thru 2 days apart. Look at the infrared bloom ruining the whole image. The say it is the same person and on the 2nd day he came around their house and turned the camera away from the street. This is why you always have one camera covering another camera.

1668264518930.png

1668264500581.png

So it could be the same guy, or it could be a guy with the same shoes....surprised the Nike swoosh is so visible LOL..

1668264535092.png

Pete6

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
These pics were taken 10 years ago on analog cameras. The car door was left open and these gentlemen paid a visit. One of them found a set of keys inside that car and you can see him trying the front door. Happily the key did not fit.

These cams were about as good as could be had back then for sensible money. The bad guys were caught but could not be identified as the had covered their faces.

Car1.JPGCar5.JPGDoor2.JPG

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
2:30am door checkers. Check out the awesome quality due to it being wifi, coupled with because it only records on motion, check out that it didn't start recording until after they had been in the car and were walking away...

1669742854970.png

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
2:30am door checkers. Check out the awesome quality due to it being wifi, coupled with because it only records on motion, check out that it didn't start recording until after they had been in the car and were walking away...

View attachment 146849
I thought the car was on fire then. I guess it was just a bush reflecting the carefully controlled IR.

In fact, heres a reply post:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Blink to the rescue providing wonderful wifi captures during the day of this perp trying to break into a house. Fortunately this is probably recognize quality especially given the dog, but that is a blurry mess due to wifi not able to keep up. 4K does no good if the wifi can't keep up and looks like D1 substream...

1669941006393.png

1669941042389.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not videos yet, but will be LOL.

Someone posted this in Nextdoor this week:

Well since we’ve had multiple break ins on our cars (at least 4-5 total ) we are looking into getting cameras (no monthly subscription) what do you all recommend, cheapest yet biggest bang for your buck type deals

And as we expect, the comments are all the consumer grade stuff we laugh about here and on this thread....and love the quality of the last one - middle of the day, no motion and that is what it looks like:

Ring works great and reasonably priced!

I got blink from Amazon

Vivant. We got it installed when we moved to Fairfield 3 yrs ago. I have been very satisfied with them. We got the package that has the doorbell and 2 cameras. Very reasonably priced.

BLINK WORKS GREAT VERY REASONABLE. CONNECT THEM TO YOUR INTERNET AND YOUR COMPUTER AND OR YOUR TELEPHONE BOTH WILL ALERT YOU.

I like our ring cameras a lot and they’re super easy to set up goes right to your phone, you can either hardwire them to your house through a flood light cam or you can use them through your doorbell or they even have battery powered/solar options. To me it’s the most versatile system, you can add a lot of cameras to the system if you need it or just have the one but the ease of it going right to your phone is so helpful plus you have the video, but it is a small monthly fee $10 if you want to keep your videos stored online. Your homeowners insurance should go down at least by that much for having a security system so it is worth the price.

Arlo!!!!!

I use Eufy. They don’t have a monthly fee and work well

Arlo definitely!

My daughter uses eufy. No monthly fees, data is stored by a removable compact memory disk (like the ones uses in cameras). She can check it from her phone. Has good clarity.

I have Blink. All wifi, no wires to run, night vision, phone app, real time updates when senses motion, HD quality. Have 8 cameras total for 4 years now. Never had any issues. Have 2 way talking thru them as well. $0 fees!

Wyze then get a SIM card to store recordings. About $35 each. Awesome!!!!

There is an app called Alfred that you can use on an old phone. Has good night vision too.

Night owl has worked great for us. We've had our system 8 years, no issues

And then a few trunk slammers LOL:

I've used Ring, Arlo, Euphy, Wyze, etc, It's part of my job. I would definitely suggest using your own camera's and recording device/s connected to your home network so its accessibly over the internet. You avoid fee's this way and you get to privatize & control your service without them selling or sharing your information without your permission. I can 100% guarantee that if you use their service they are liable to governing bodies and your information is not yours no matter how much they try to reassure you that its private.

I have had ring on my house for five years and I like it, but the subscription to save videos is costly and the devices are a little pricey. What you requested is more like the “Feit” devices I install for people. They are less expensive and they use a memory card to store movement that you can access on line. I’ve purchased them from Costco and Amazon. I’ve attached a screen shot for you and can tell you that they perform as good as ring at a much less cost.

1670173603747.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Porch Pirate week. You can't ask for better than middle of the day with full sunlight and this is the best they could get. Probably another typical wifi cam that can't keep up.

1670253480937.png

And of course it appears the wifi could momentarily keep up as she walked away:

1670253560495.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A 4am door checker that is believed to have stolen a vehicle that same morning down the street.

Compliments of Night Owl. I suspect they are wifi cams because look at the lower resolution when there was motion and it couldn't keep up and then as soon as he leaves the field of view, the image gets clearer.

1670287284580.png

1670287314435.png

Reaction score
Here is one from the local police's FB page. Caption states: "Video surveillance captured the juvenile getting into gray minivan with an unknown driver." They are asking if anyone can ID the van or driver.

Here is one of the comments for this capture: 1670392394197.png

12-6-22.JPG

I am not even going to bother talking about why this cap is so bad. Don't know the cam or system.

But from Google street view, this must be the cam that caught that cap:
1670392730203.png

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here is one from the local police's FB page. Caption states: "Video surveillance captured the juvenile getting into gray minivan with an unknown driver." They are asking if anyone can ID the van or driver.

Here is one of the comments for this capture: View attachment 147571

View attachment 147572

I am not even going to bother talking about why this cap is so bad. Don't know the cam or system.

But from Google street view, this must be the cam that caught that cap:
View attachment 147573
Looks like the $189.99 Ring Spotlight Cam on Amazon.:lol:

Ring Spotlight Cam.jpg