They just tried to assassinate Trump

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I think that video is of the team that had the tree in the way of their line of sight.
Correct. Doesn't change the fact they were'nt bird watching. They were looking at/for something of interest.

CaptainCrunch

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hmmm good question: so if LE and SS couldn’t figure out how to communicate over a 130 yds (possessing some of the most advanced comms in the world and apparently too busy to yell) what/why is this CS team glassing something?

p.s. I’m gonna go out in a limb and say the CS team could indeed literally have thrown a fucking rock at the protective detail below them and advised they were glassing a suspicious person.
They could communicate through the command center. They could not communicate directly with each other. I suspect that people who are flabbergasted by that has little or no experience with large multijurisdictional events. Do you really want the USSS near the gate not able to radio the USSS detail team about a possible threat because a local officer in a parking lot is calling in to run a license plate?

As far as the CS team glassing something, the local police were running around the outside of the building. The CS team may have noticed that commotion and wanted to see what was happening.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
The key words are firearms RELATED purchases. He did not buy 25 guns online. If you have ever bought a gun online (I have several), you know that you have to contact an FFL in your area to receive that firearm. You need to send a copy of his FFL to the dealer you are buying from. Once the firearm is shipped to the receiving FFL, you need to go and pick it up and fill out the proper ATF forms and get a background check. No background check in TX if you have an LTC, but the forms are still filled out. There is no way an FFL is going to risk his license by giving it to someone without proper procedures followed.

MSM will call anything 'firearm related'. Magazines, ammo, a sling, cleaning rod or patches, a case, that rangefinder, etc. Anything bought from Cabella's. You know what I mean.
Yessir well aware of how that works.. We dont know WHAT he bought or with what ID

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
They could communicate through the command center. They could not communicate directly with each other. I suspect that people who are flabbergasted by that has little or no experience with large multijurisdictional events. Do you really want the USSS near the gate not able to radio the USSS detail team about a possible threat because a local officer in a parking lot is calling in to run a license plate?

As far as the CS team glassing something, the local police were running around the outside of the building. The CS team may have noticed that commotion and wanted to see what was happening.
Lets just pretend I do.
If I wanted to say, contact FIRE/EMS about a man down at my location, and EMS was stationed about a 1/2 mile away, there are ways that can be done rather quickly and efficiently.

Reaction score
Someone flew a drone around the site 6 days after the shooting and tries to show the view from various locations.
That first video was great. I did not know that the sniper team on building 14 was facing the other way. That explains the 15 second delay to take out Crooks. They had to swing around and reset their tripod, ID the shooter, and make the shot.

The team on building 16 could not see Crooks due to the tree.

CaptainCrunch

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Lets just pretend I do.
If I wanted to say, contact FIRE/EMS about a man down at my location, and EMS was stationed about a 1/2 mile away, there are ways that can be done rather quickly and efficiently.
Yes, the FIRE dispatchers, the EMS dispatchers, and the police dispatchers are usually all in the local or regional command center, the 911 call center, or whatever it was called in that area. On the average day, I could get on the radio and ask for EMS to my location. My dispatcher would notify the EMS dispatcher by creating a new event and sending that event to the EMS dispatcher and one would be in route. It's not unusual for EMS, FIRE, and police to have different radios. At a large multijurisdictional event, it works pretty much the same way except the command center reps from each unit, in my experience, aren't in their own separate cubicles. They're usually in close proximity and can hear traffic on the other channels if they are not actively engaged in their own traffic.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yep that’s what some said early on. It wasn’t the guys everyone sees in most of the videos, their angle was bad due to the tree. It was guys to their right off camera

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, the FIRE dispatchers, the EMS dispatchers, and the police dispatchers are usually all in the local or regional command center, the 911 call center, or whatever it was called in that area. On the average day, I could get on the radio and ask for EMS to my location. My dispatcher would notify the EMS dispatcher by creating a new event and sending that event to the EMS dispatcher and one would be in route. It's not unusual for EMS, FIRE, and police to have different radios. At a large multijurisdictional event, it works pretty much the same way except the command center reps from each unit, in my experience, aren't in their own separate cubicles. They're usually in close proximity and can hear traffic on the other channels if they are not actively engaged in their own traffic.
Right, in my case Fire/EMS we were able to relay to dispatcher who could get State Police attention in very short order and vice versa. State Police used a repeater system that allowed a Trooper or barracks to talk to another hundreds of miles away. I was based about 40 miles from the Butler site and BIL was at a barracks 4 hours away

But the Staties had direct access with Fed comms via their Fusion centers

This was of course 100 years ago

Last edited:

CaptainCrunch

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Right, in my case Fire/EMS we were able to relay to dispatcher who could get State Police attention in very short order and vice versa. State Police used a repeater system that allowed a Trooper or barracks to talk to another hundreds of miles away. I was based about 40 miles from the Butler site and BIL was at a barracks 4 hours away

But the Staties had direct access with Fed comms via their Fusion centers
I suspect a lot, if not most, state police agencies are set up with repeaters due to their patrol area being the state. And I'm not trying to split hair here but are you saying a PA statie would be able to communicate directly with a USSS agent because of their fusion center or the staties could easily get info to the USSS through their fusion center?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I dont have any direct experience with State to Fed comms so I cant say but I assumed simply the latter

CaptainCrunch

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm watching the hearing from today. I wasn't able to watch it live. Given the picture shown during the hearing and the layout of the white tents, it looks like he's saying the far sniper team took the shot. Was that confirmed before?

sniper.png

Layout of the rally site.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, thats what @samplenhold was referring to.

The team most everyone sees in the video clips, to Trumps Left looking at him, were blocked by trees. The team further away to his right not typically seen in videos, took the shot apparently as they had a better angle

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
NOTE: The author, who works for a lot of outlets and is a pretty good reporter, swears by her story that:
Acting Secret Service Director Ronald Rowe was directly involved in denying additional security resources and personnel, including counter snipers, to former President Trump’s rallies and events – despite repeated requests by the agents assigned to Trump’s detail in the two years leading up to his July 13 attempted assassination, according to several sources familiar with the decision-making.

And yet he flatly denied it today. Said he had no part in it...

Acting Secret-Service Chief Played Key Role In Limiting Resources For Trump

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That first video was great. I did not know that the sniper team on building 14 was facing the other way. That explains the 15 second delay to take out Crooks. They had to swing around and reset their tripod, ID the shooter, and make the shot.

The team on building 16 could not see Crooks due to the tree.
This is the shot I want to know about, where did it come from?
1722382256059.png

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Secret Service Whistleblower Warns There Will Be More Assassination Attempts

A Secret Service whistleblower warned Monday of another assassination attempt against President Trump ahead of November’s election..

A Secret Service counter-sniper warned in an email there would be another assassination attempt, citing the agency’s inability to protect leaders after a shooter wounded President Donald Trump, two of his supporters, and killed another at a rally.

“We all SHOULD expect another [assassination] attempt to happen before November,” the counter-sniper wrote in the email obtained by RealClearPolitics and posted to X. “This agency NEEDS to change, if not now, WHEN? The NEXT assassination attempt in 30 days?”

The counter-sniper emailed the entire Secret Service Uniformed Division Monday night, saying the operators assigned to Trump’s fatal rally in Butler, Pennsylvania, on July 13 did their jobs “with their hands tied” and that Secret Service supervisors “knew better.”

“The foot soldiers working, made the best of a BAD situation that resulted in a civilian death and a near miss of the protectee and our Technician shooting and killing the suspect,” the counter-sniper wrote. “Our responsibility, our MISSION, is not about protecting an EMPTY White House located at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. It’s about preventing and stopping another JFK style assassination, in whatever city that may be. Sadly, we have fallen short for YEARS.”

The whistleblower said he relayed these concerns to training officials and the captain of the Secret Service’s counter-sniper unit, “only to be brushed off as if those with less experience somehow knew more than me.”

The counter-sniper said he would not stop speaking out until five “high level supervisors (1 down)”— apparently referencing former Secret Service Director Kimberly Cheatle — are “fired or removed from their current positions.”

The Secret Service quickly deleted the email, according to RealClearPolitics.

More at the link: Secret Service Agent Warns Of More Assassination Attempts (thefederalist.com)