To RAID 1 or not to RAID?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I realize this is off topic, but I must say this: It gets worse.

Most, but not all, cannot write, do simple math in their head, speak proper English, count back change, and so on.

Their constant and sole means of social interaction and contact via social media, texts, e-mail, etc. will prove to be responsible for producing a generation unable to successfully communicate verbally with others, especially those of earlier generations and age groups. They don't pick up or properly interpret traditional means of face-to-face interaction such as facial expressions, body language, voice inflection, speech pauses, and other cues.

I think this will make their own personal relationships difficult to establish and maintain.

Most cannot use a knife to cut a steak either...but that's because their parents only fed them finger foods.

So if there's any young parents out there, listen up: Don't expect the world to raise up your children; it's in YOUR hands. And don't start raising them when they turn 6 or 8, 10 or 13... it's too late then. Start when their feet touch the ground. And good luck...you're going to need it because they'll be with their peers a lot more than they'll be with you. And when you turn 30, congrats...you're no longer just a parent in their eyes....you're a moron.

Happy 2019! :wave:
:goodpost:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This seems to be an American colloquialism endemic to younger folks these days...perhaps spread by SkyNet as a prelude to Terminator Apocalypse.
Yeah, I reckon we're ahead of the times down here......this was my modem until a few months ago:

dixie-cup-phone.jpg

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Keep it simple stupid..

If you are using two drives of equal size (not equator) put 1/2 the cameras on one drive and the other half on the other drive. This helps make it harder for Murphy to completely ruin the day. If a drive fails you only loose 1/2 the camera video.

johandup

n3wb
Reaction score
Stay away from raid unless you have a huge company.
Rather replace the drives yearly - the best drives will fail believe me.
How long do you need to back up for and how many tb are we talking about. Smaller drives are cheap nowadays.
Oh, and protect them from spikes and especially power failures.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Whoaru99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'd think 2 weeks storage max. Number of cameras on this system not finalized but I can see probably 6 - 8 minimum.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Stay away from raid unless you have a huge company.
Rather replace the drives yearly - the best drives will fail believe me.
How long do you need to back up for and how many tb are we talking about. Smaller drives are cheap nowadays.
Oh, and protect them from spikes and especially power failures.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Replace drives YEARLY? are you kidding me? that is nuts. Get a grip.