[tool] [tutorial] Free AI Person Detection for Blue Iris

balucanb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Why I am getting this error? Am I adding the 2nd URL wrong?

error.JPG

maximosm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I figured as much. :) That worked BTW. Now to see if this &^%$# new model is going to work.....so close.
When we have 2 servers running,making the analyse parallel or 1pic the server 1 and pic 2 the server 2?

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
When we have 2 servers running,making the analyse parallel or 1pic the server 1 and pic 2 the server 2?
The latter or you can have pic1 sent to server 1 and then pic 2 sent to server 1 if server 1 has finished pic 1, otherwise pic 2 to server 2.

Last edited:

damaar

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks all for your time and support in here. Has been great. I have moved over from Shinobi/Tensorflow set up as am finding Blue Iris to do everything I want without the stuffing around. The last issue has been getting GPU support for Deepstack going. Excited to see the GPU windows version come out today.

I have installed and running aitools (Vorlon) but the new 2020 GPU beta doesn't seem to run with aitools. Does anyone else have it working fine?

secs

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey all. I was gooing to have a play with this but cannot find the EXE file in the zip. Yep I know.... What stupid thing have I missed

balucanb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey all. I was gooing to have a play with this but cannot find the EXE file in the zip. Yep I know.... What stupid thing have I missed
Look in the folder you unzipped everything into look for AITool.exe should be the 6th item down

balucanb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What's the state of play? Have you got it recognising any of your own subjects?
So.......
This is where I am.

1. Deleted all my Docker containers.
    Opened Power shell and ran:
  2. docker pull deepquestai/deepstack:latest
    and
  3. docker pull deepquestai/deepstack:cpu-2020.12
    Why? Because I know nothing about Docker and was not sure if I needed both or if "latest" would do the trick.
    Then I created 2 Docker containers:
  4. docker run --restart=always -e mode=high -eVISION-DETECTION=True -v localstorage:/datastore -p 8383:5000 --name deepstack deepquestai/deepstack:latest
    and
  5. docker run --restart=always -e mode=high -eVISION-DETECTION=True -v C:\Users\user\Documents\my-models:/modelstore/detection -p 8000:5000 deepquestai/deepstack:cpu-2020.12
Again because I am clueless..
  1. I went into AI-Tool and entered both- 127.0.0.1:8000, 127.0.0.1:8383 into the AI serverURL(s) block
7 .Result was NO MORE FREAKING ERRORS!!!!, NO URL Errors, No 404 OR 403 Errors.

....However, while I am indeed getting alerts and snapshots are being sent to telegram I am not getting any "custom" results??
My custom model is pictures of me and family members, with the desired result being my/their name being shown under the pic if recognized. I stood in front of several of my cameras to see if it would work but only got the box with "person" instead my name. I used close to 300 images during the training and let it run for the complete 300 Epochs took 6 1/2 hours to complete. Waiting on some answer from John O.

damaar

n3wb
Reaction score
I am trying to use Deepstack based on the new 2020 beta. AITOOLS reports that deepstack isn't fully running ( Deepstack partially running. You many need to manually kill server.exe, python.exe, redis-server.exe) and I get a 403 error when AITOOLS sends the image to Deepstack.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have been struggling with 403 errors when I was trying WSL2 Docker installs with GPU support also. Only way I can get it to work is with the CPU Windows Deepstack installer, but really hoping to offload to my GPU.

Any help appreciated.

robpur

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm trying to get DS running on a Jetson Nano and I'm having a bit of trouble. Here's what I've done so far. I installed the latest Jetpack on an SD card and then set the nano up using headless mode with a USB cable. I assigned a static IP address and then accessed the Nano with Putty. I then ran the following commands.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

sudo docker pull deepquestai/deepstack:jetpack-2020.12

sudo docker run --runtime nvidia --restart=unless-stopped -e VISION-DETECTION=True -p 80:5000 deepquestai/deepstack:jetpack-2020.12

sudo docker volume create portainer_data

sudo docker run -d -p 8000:8000 -p 9000:9000 --name=portainer --restart=always -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock -v portainer_data:/data portainer/portainer-ce

sudo systemctl enable docker.service

sudo reboot now

After the reboot both containers started and I could access Portainer as well as the DS web interface on port 80 but AI Tool can not communicate with DS.

12/19/2020 6:35:46 PM DetectObjects Unable to connect to the remote server [WebException] Mod: <DetectObjects>d__31 Line:999:48 Error AITOOLS.EXE 10.1.31.30:5000 GarageMotion GarageMotion.20201219_183544288.jpg 60 1 9 False aitool.[2020-12-19].log

The DS URL in AI Tool is set to 10.1.31.30:5000 which is the IP address of the Nano and I believe the port number is correct based on the docker run line.

This is my first time working with a Nano and my first experience with Docker so I'm not familiar with troubleshooting techniques on these platforms. From what I see in Portainer and the output of a few Docker commands everything looks fine to me, but then I don't have an experienced eye.

Now to complicate things. I have installed Jetpack on the Nano twice. Once using the Gui and once headless. I was able to get everything working with the Gui install but I wanted to try out headless install so I wiped the card, started over, and now I can't get DS to work again.

Any help will be appreciated.

balucanb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am trying to use Deepstack based on the new 2020 beta. AITOOLS reports that deepstack isn't fully running ( Deepstack partially running. You many need to manually kill server.exe, python.exe, redis-server.exe) and I get a 403 error when AITOOLS sends the image to Deepstack.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have been struggling with 403 errors when I was trying WSL2 Docker installs with GPU support also. Only way I can get it to work is with the CPU Windows Deepstack installer, but really hoping to offload to my GPU.

Any help appreciated.
If you post some snapshots of your screens/logs that will be more helpful. If you are running the Windows version (you have a deepstack tab in AI-Tools) click stop then start, once it says running click save. I had the same issue before I went over to Docker.