[tool] [tutorial] Free AI Person Detection for Blue Iris

Village Guy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Could we have an option to manage the log file? Something like close the current and create a new every week or open a new log file based on the day of the week and simply overwrite tuesday if it already exists? That way you'd have the logs for the last 6-7 days before each day gets overwritten. Currently my log file just gets way too long as I forget to go in and stop the AITools service and zero down the file.
There is no need to close AiTools to clear the log. Just open the log as usual, select all in the editor and then delete and finally save. All done ;)

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
There is no need to close AiTools to clear the log. Just open the log as usual, select all in the editor and then delete and finally save. All done ;)
The reason I do as stated is that AITools is still running and expects to be able to write to the log, with the log open in notepad it’s locked so i just prefer to make sure that I don’t cause issues.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is my fork with a bunch of enhancements if you would like to try it. Including DeepStack start/stop control (Windows version only) and a number of logging enhancements such as rotating out a main log file and deleting them after 60 days. Prob should lower that number and make it configurable though.

Backup the current folder and overwrite all the existing files. It will read the old settings and camera configuration.
Thanks I’ll give it a go over the weekend and report back

gazoo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey there. Wanted to see if anyone knew if the docker container install type runs as a service? I didn't seem to when i tried. I rebooted, logged in, and docker was just starting up again. Is there an EASY way to run it as a service in windows? Thanks

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hey there. Wanted to see if anyone knew if the docker container install type runs as a service? I didn't seem to when i tried. I rebooted, logged in, and docker was just starting up again. Is there an EASY way to run it as a service in windows? Thanks
Sounds like it is running as a service if after rebooting per your message above "docker was just starting up again" after you logged in?

That's how it works on my install.

Alternatively if you right click on the whale icon in the bottom right, click settings. Should have a check mark next to "start docker desktop when you log in"

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I got avx working on my i7 8700 but I had to enable some options in the bios like Hyperthreading and Trusted execution.Virtualization was already enabled . I don't know which option got it to work. But I still get the little boxes when starting deepquest. However I ran it overnight and it is still working. So maybe a red herring. My CPU is very low like 4-7% now and when processing max 25% but I only run 3 cams 1 4K and 2 2MP. However even with the low cpu load my times in deepquest is 800ms to 1.6 secs. I tried lowering the resolution in BI from 100% to 50% but only a small difference. I don't have the res change in BI yet. Everything running on a Dell Optiplex 7060 i 7 8700
With avx or with GPU, mine works for a few hours (maybe a day), but when I have those boxes it basically crashes at some point and the AITool gets errors saying it can't send the pics to Deepstack even though deepstack if activated.

I'm using the noavx version and so far so good the last couple of days.

Processing time per image is around 1.2 seconds or so, not sure if that's good or not. Was about half that with the GPU selection, and if I recall, about the same when I used the standard version (not the "noavx") version.

gazoo

n3wb
Reaction score
With avx or with GPU, mine works for a few hours (maybe a day), but when I have those boxes it basically crashes at some point and the AITool gets errors saying it can't send the pics to Deepstack even though deepstack if activated.

I'm using the noavx version and so far so good the last couple of days.

Processing time per image is around 1.2 seconds or so, not sure if that's good or not. Was about half that with the GPU selection, and if I recall, about the same when I used the standard version (not the "noavx") version.
Where do u get the no avx version. And is that deep stack no avx or docker no avx.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Where do u get the no avx version. And is that deep stack no avx or docker no avx.

To add to the above post,

To install the normal version with NoAVX on port 81:

docker pull deepquestai/deepstack:noavx

docker run --restart=always -e VISION-DETECTION=True -v localstorage:/datastore -p 81:5000 --name deepstack deepquestai/deepstack:noavx

ChrisX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i have problem with the tigger URL. I get a html Login page. No direct Login .. when i disable webserver session i get a browser Login .. not accept the login in my URL ... why ?
AND
Upload not working .. i can acces to interface i see my API is accept ...

[06.08.2020, 15:35:58.409]: (1/6) Uploading image to DeepQuestAI Server
[06.08.2020, 15:37:38.420]: System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException | Eine Aufgabe wurde abgebrochen. (code: -2146233029 )
[06.08.2020, 15:37:38.428]: ERROR: Processing the following image 'C:\BlueIris\aiinput\HOF.20200806_152528657.jpg' failed. Can't reach DeepQuestAI Server at
im using windows and disable firewall ..

In Deepstack i see log from my Browser ! But not from AItool ... i also test deepstack with http in AItool .. all not working

Last edited:

gazoo

n3wb
Reaction score
Sounds like it is running as a service if after rebooting per your message above "docker was just starting up again" after you logged in?

That's how it works on my install.

Alternatively if you right click on the whale icon in the bottom right, click settings. Should have a check mark next to "start docker desktop when you log in"
No, it's not running while the user is logged off, therefore it's not running as a service. AiTool is running as a service using nssm it appears. I have to login and then it starts. I wanted to avoid this since the desktop uses like 11% CPU or something like that. Wanted to be complete logged off and running.

Reaction score
Love this tool and it has been SUPER useful. Is there a way to donate to the project?

And of course, a couple of enhancement requests. ;-) I would love to be able to:

View history for a specific camera only instead of the entire list of cameras would make it much easier to fine tune cameras.

It would be awesome if the GUI automatically displayed the "last image processed". Might be a bit cpu intensive, but would also be very helpful.

Thanks thanks thanks!

gazoo

n3wb
Reaction score
If docker would only run while you were logged off...

Come on, someone has to have figured this out. I saw some saying this works but I cannot reproduce it. If you are completely logged off, Docker will NOT run. I even tried it with NSSM as well, no dice. AiTool runs as a service (no login required). I get the logs saying it can't reach DeepStack because Docker won't turn on unless you login.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
If docker would only run while you were logged off...

Come on, someone has to have figured this out. I saw some saying this works but I cannot reproduce it. If you are completely logged off, Docker will NOT run. I even tried it with NSSM as well, no dice. AiTool runs as a service (no login required). I get the logs saying it can't reach DeepStack because Docker won't turn on unless you login.
I have docker running when logged off, don’t think I did anything special except to specify that DQ should restart on the command line when I installed DQ.

Do you have a service called Docker something, have a look, I have the service running under the same credentials as that of my BI service.

gazoo

n3wb
Reaction score
I have docker running when logged off, don’t think I did anything special except to specify that DQ should restart on the command line when I installed DQ.

Do you have a service called Docker something, have a look, I have the service running under the same credentials as that of my BI service.
yeah, that's weird. It's in there. But DS isn't up when I'm logged off. The Log On tab of services has the local system account checked.

gazoo

n3wb
Reaction score

i just changed it to the same logon as bi and restarted. Nothing. Still isn't up while off. I'm on Windows 10 Pro, not server FYI

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
i just changed it to the same logon as bi and restarted. Nothing. Still isn't up while off. I'm on Windows 10 Pro, not server FYI
Hang on a minute just going to logon to my PC and check.

All I have is —restart always as an option when I ran DQ, nothing else.

Last edited: