[tool] [tutorial] Free AI Person Detection for Blue Iris

gazoo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hang on a minute just going to logon to my PC and check.

All I have is —restart always as an option when I ran DQ, nothing else.
I read a post somewhere that said that only windows server OS and enterprise version of Docker can run without a user login. Something to do with the regular version intended to be only for development purposes. There's a piece of paid for software called alwaysup that appears to be a more detailed version of nssm available that would run it. I may try a trial version soon. However it's $50. Kind of steep when BI is that much also.

gazoo

n3wb
Reaction score
I read a post somewhere that said that only windows server OS and enterprise version of Docker can run without a user login. Something to do with the regular version intended to be only for development purposes. There's a piece of paid for software called alwaysup that appears to be a more detailed version of nssm available that would run it. I may try a trial version soon. However it's $50. Kind of steep when BI is that much also.
well that's a bust. That alwaysup program also failed to start it up - something about permissions even though i used my super user rights. This is such a PITA. I'll now have to autologin to make sure $^#%^! docker runs and take the 12% desktop CPU hit...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

blazin912

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just getting started and I'm getting this error.. any ideas?

docker: Error response from daemon: OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:349: starting container process caused "exec: \"for\": executable file not found in $PATH": unknown.

ChrisX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
no idea ? Now i have install Docker same .. i have test with 2 Win 10 PCs
I can access all ( Windows or Docker in my Browser ) i see deepstack and activate. Local or with local IP adress no problems .. but AItool not connect to deepstack !! on 2 win 10 Pcs .. why ?? Disable firewall.

failed. Can't reach DeepQuestAI Server at

I can open this link im browser i get 404 but in deepstack log is see my 404 log. With AITOOL i see nothing.

gazoo

n3wb
Reaction score
no idea ? Now i have install Docker same .. i have test with 2 Win 10 PCs
I can access all ( Windows or Docker in my Browser ) i see deepstack and activate. Local or with local IP adress no problems .. but AItool not connect to deepstack !! on 2 win 10 Pcs .. why ?? Disable firewall.

failed. Can't reach DeepQuestAI Server at

I can open this link im browser i get 404 bu or t in deepstack log is see my 404 log. With AITOOL i see nothing.
Try localhost or 127.0.0.1 also double check the configuration tab and make sure the path is in there to the aiinput directory. This tool sometimes corrupts its config file for some reason.

ChrisX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try localhost or 127.0.0.1 also double check the configuration tab and make sure the path is in there to the aiinput directory. This tool sometimes corrupts its config file for some reason.
Okay i have test it on 2 Pcs. 127.0.0.1:89 or localhost:89 all not working
I have disable windows UAC but same. AITool not connecting to the API. Crazy ..

I can delete all but config is saved on registry ? Crazy "Synology NAS" Docker and local all not working but in the browser all okay.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you talking about DeepQuest here? When I originally set this up I installed DQ for Windows and found no way of autostarting it without logging, that and the fact that the Windows version killed my CPU was one of the reasons I moved over to Docker for Windows and WSL2 in Windows.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I've just checked my system again, for the service "Docker Desktop Service" for people having autostart problems what is it set to? Mine is Automatic and I use the same creds as that for my BI service.

When I then logon to the PC and manually run docker desktop from the icon on the desktop I get a message "Docker failed to initialise. Docker Desktop is already running. Close it in other session to continue."

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is my fork with a bunch of enhancements if you would like to try it. Including DeepStack start/stop control (Windows version only) and a number of logging enhancements such as rotating out a main log file and deleting them after 60 days. Prob should lower that number and make it configurable though.

Backup the current folder and overwrite all the existing files. It will read the old settings and camera configuration.
I just tried this but reverted back :( Main issue being that I run AITools as a service and then occasionally logon to check, with your version if I run it as a service it then won't let me launch it when I logon to check, states that another copy is already running.

gazoo

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you talking about DeepQuest here? When I originally set this up I installed DQ for Windows and found no way of autostarting it without logging, that and the fact that the Windows version killed my CPU was one of the reasons I moved over to Docker for Windows and WSL2 in Windows.
Yes I'm running docker for windows and it doesn't autostart. At least the container didn't run but I think it's docker. And yes I have the creds set like yours.

Chris Dodge

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just tried this but reverted back :( Main issue being that I run AITools as a service and then occasionally logon to check, with your version if I run it as a service it then won't let me launch it when I logon to check, states that another copy is already running.
I put in that check because I found it too easy for more than one copy to be open, causing write errors to log files and history.csv since they were both sharing it.

Two copies both watching the same folders and updating the same history file most certainly should not be allowed.

Here is an update that allows a second instance to run, but limits functionality. To change any settings or have "live" viewing of log/history you would have to FIRST stop the service. A second running instance will NOT watch for changed images or do 'live' updates of the history and log tabs. Only the first running will do that.

The real solution is to convert aitools to a true service with a GUI component that displays all the info/updates but the service does all the real work. This would be a big task.

blazin912

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just getting started and I'm getting this error.. any ideas?

docker: Error response from daemon: OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:349: starting container process caused "exec: \"for\": executable file not found in $PATH": unknown.
I'm an idiot I was passing in the wrong argument. I had some extra crap at the end from Copy and paste error..

Now I'm onto the next issue.. AITool running as a service, but when I reboot Docker desktop comes up yelling that it is not running as a service. The command line docker restart doesn't appear to have worked. Thoughts??

gazoo

n3wb
Reaction score
How? This should be added to post 1..
Yes please enlighten us. There's one more thing in going to try when I get back. There was a check mark that said run when session starts that I had marked yes. Maybe if I mark that it won't start at login but at rebiit instead. I'm grasping at straws here.

pmcross

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Okay i have test it on 2 Pcs. 127.0.0.1:89 or localhost:89 all not working
I have disable windows UAC but same. AITool not connecting to the API. Crazy ..

I can delete all but config is saved on registry ? Crazy "Synology NAS" Docker and local all not working but in the browser all okay.
Do your PC’s processors support AVX? If not you’ll have this issue. If they don’t support AVX then you’ll need to run the noavx version of Deepstack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
How? This should be added to post 1..
Yes please enlighten us. There's one more thing in going to try when I get back. There was a check mark that said run when session starts that I had marked yes. Maybe if I mark that it won't start at login but at rebiit instead. I'm
I honestly don't remember doing anything special except making sure that the service Docker Desktop Service is set to Automatic so that it starts with the computer and I also changed the context that it runs under to the same account as the BI service.

This is my docker run command that I used
docker run --name="deepstack" -e TZ=Europe/London -e VISION-DETECTION=True -v localstorage:/datastore -p 8083:5000 --restart always deepquestai/deepstack

The way that's setup right now I can't logon and run docker desktop as it complains that it's already running.

blazin912

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I honestly don't remember doing anything special except making sure that the service Docker Desktop Service is set to Automatic so that it starts with the computer and I also changed the context that it runs under to the same account as the BI service.

This is my docker run command that I used
docker run --name="deepstack" -e TZ=Europe/London -e VISION-DETECTION=True -v localstorage:/datastore -p 8083:5000 --restart always deepquestai/deepstack

The way that's setup right now I can't logon and run docker desktop as it complains that it's already running.
Yuck.. it's not a container issue, that starts up right when docker starts. But when I get into windows, Docker is saying the service isn't running and asks if I would like to start it. Well sure, I hit yes and it goes, but why isn't the service starting?? :( I have it set to automatic, i changed login to the same local account as BI.. ugh

blazin912

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yuck.. it's not a container issue, that starts up right when docker starts. But when I get into windows, Docker is saying the service isn't running and asks if I would like to start it. Well sure, I hit yes and it goes, but why isn't the service starting?? :( I have it set to automatic, i changed login to the same local account as BI.. ugh
What did I do? I just fixed it.. I'm not sure exactly what I did. I went into services.msc, and confirmed the Docker desktop service was set to automatic, I changed the login to my current w/password. Restarted the service, then rebooted. It appears to work?

ChrisX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do your PC’s processors support AVX? If not you’ll have this issue. If they don’t support AVX then you’ll need to run the noavx version of Deepstack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know. Who can I download noavx version for win or only docker?

blazin912

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What did I do? I just fixed it.. I'm not sure exactly what I did. I went into services.msc, and confirmed the Docker desktop service was set to automatic, I changed the login to my current w/password. Restarted the service, then rebooted. It appears to work?
OH great except on the next reboot.. the whole thing crashed. FML. I think I'm punting on this.