[tool] [tutorial] Free AI Person Detection for Blue Iris

pomtom44

n3wb
Reaction score
If you computer is not one of several specific intel cpu models, you should run deepstackai:noavx (but i think it comes up with a different error in the deepstack console if this is the case)

i think 127.0.0.1 is some special IP loopback to localhost. try to set your pc static IP to something different: 192.168.1.100 and call that directly

Might be worth trying to run deepstack from docker, this might have been the reason why I did it. it's not any more difficult to setup I would say.
I just went on to the site and downloaded the windows 10 version as thats what im running (and it was a big download link right in front of me haha)
I can try re-run docker see if that helps

and yes 127.0.0.1 is the same as localhost so they should be the same
my pc already has a static IP and I tried that as well

(as a note your PC will always have a network IP and a local IP being 127.0.0.1 / localhost)

pomtom44

n3wb
Reaction score
I just went on to the site and downloaded the windows 10 version as thats what im running (and it was a big download link right in front of me haha)
I can try re-run docker see if that helps

and yes 127.0.0.1 is the same as localhost so they should be the same
my pc already has a static IP and I tried that as well

(as a note your PC will always have a network IP and a local IP being 127.0.0.1 / localhost)
Although i am getting more ram for my VM host soon, so I may just hold out and install the linux build on there once thats upgraded

pomtom44

n3wb
Reaction score
here's the post where it was resolved for me, and the helpful advice prior: [tool] [tutorial] Free AI Person Detection for Blue Iris

:noavx version of deepstack, docker to specify deepstack port, url settings explained, and something about BI webserver setting
Ill give docker with noavx a go
the Bi web server part im not worried about as I already use the trigers from other projects
its getting the AI tools linked to deepstack where my problem is

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Anyone know how to make this error go away?

[08.10.2020, 08:57:42]: WARNING: No default camera found. Aborting.

Disregard. Asked and answered here.

Had a brain fade moment and didn't search first

juched

n3wb
Reaction score
Ill give docker with noavx a go
the Bi web server part im not worried about as I already use the trigers from other projects
its getting the AI tools linked to deepstack where my problem is
Are you sure you have -e OBJECT_DETECTION=True set? The T needs to be uppercase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cjowers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Where is that set?
There was no command line flags during the setup?
I can see that /v1/vision/detection is listed as a active api in the DeepStack logs, but nothing else shows in there
not sure about your object_detection call... do you mean: -e VISION-DETECTION=True ? it sounds like that's already running in his log.

GentlePumpkin

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you but I'm trying to add functions and change language, so I need to change the code and then compile it.
What is strange is that when I compile it I get that null exception error, but when I execute the last release of GentlePumpkin it works perfectly. So I know is nothing related to deepstack or my hardware. I'm thinking that if the code available corresponds to the last release, I must be doing something wrong when I compile but I don't know what.
Hope someone can give me a clue.
Make sure to update all nuget packages, then clean and rebuild the project. This should fix it.

Senor Pibb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@balucanb Do you mind letting me know what cam this is? Looking for a good doorbell cam for the house that works with Blueiris. Thank you

Having triggering issues. 6 cameras all set up the same way. BI is only triggering/recording 3 of them? Not getting any pics in my AI folder (except for the 3 that do work) see below as to how they are set up in BI. I think it is a BI and not a AI-tool or Deepstack issue. I can see them all ( in DS) when I paste the trigger in to the browser, I have checked all the info in AI-Tool and it is all correct also. Any ideas what is going on? They (I?) pasted them out of order sorry

balucanb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@balucanb Do you mind letting me know what cam this is? Looking for a good doorbell cam for the house that works with Blueiris. Thank you
Sure no problem. A couple things up front. I am as cheap as they come so you may not like my set up . BI does not love my choice of cameras. The camera is a ezviz C1C $24.95 on Amazon I think. It is a indoor camera. My entryway is wide/deep enough that I am not concerned about it not being waterproof. I view it on the BI U13 on my computer or my phone or a crappy old iPad I have. It sends alerts to telegraph using AI-Tool/DeepStack set up and I am using a aqara motion sensor that makes a light in my office blink when someone is at the door, that is set up thru smart things and Webcore. If you don't like cheap Chinese stuff this may not be the best route, but I have had no issues myself. BTW my whole camera setup is local so none of it ever hits the internet. Since I have been working from home since March I have no need (yet) to view anything from outside my home but eventually I will set up a VPN so I can look at stuff when I am away. Hope that answered your questions.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So running DeepStack on a Pi4 with an NCS2 .. better than pure CPU without AVX, for sure!

I am a bit cautious and curious about one thing though, there hasn't been any word from DeepStack in months, it is kind of looking like Abandonware at this point. Any thoughts on moving this to support other AI Services in case DeepStack goes away? I've tinkered with the idea of putting a GPU into my server and using that instead of the Pi+NCS2 but not too sure how well that'll work out for me either.

Last edited:

balucanb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So can anyone help out the ZERO coding knowledge guy. I understand if I was using the original gentlepumpkin/bi-aidetection version, I could then go and pull down the AITOOL-VORLONCD.zip load it into the same spot and it is all GTG. But how do I get the latest version1.81 pre release I think, do I just pull the source code zip from the assets and unzip it to the same location? If that is really stupid question - Sorry but I have none of the skills you guys have. :)

Senor Pibb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I will put a - in my chat ID for telegram I get two errors. "Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. [NullReferenceException] Mod: <Trigger>d__34 Line:1699:25" and "ERROR: Could not upload image C:\Users\BlueIris\AppData\Local\Temp\BRSD.20201008_152643930.jpg to Telegram: chat not found [ChatNotFoundException] Mod: <TelegramUpload>d__32 Line:1460:33" And it does not work, but when I remove the - from the chat id. it works. Not sure why that is.

Be sure you put a '-' before your Chat ID #, also be sure your bot is invited to the group.

Senor Pibb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Man... I know what you mean about cheap. I like frugal. :) I have a stoop that is deep too. So that may be a good idea. would like a doorbell cam that works with BI if possible.

Sure no problem. A couple things up front. I am as cheap as they come so you may not like my set up . BI does not love my choice of cameras. The camera is a ezviz C1C $24.95 on Amazon I think. It is a indoor camera. My entryway is wide/deep enough that I am not concerned about it not being waterproof. I view it on the BI U13 on my computer or my phone or a crappy old iPad I have. It sends alerts to telegraph using AI-Tool/DeepStack set up and I am using a aqara motion sensor that makes a light in my office blink when someone is at the door, that is set up thru smart things and Webcore. If you don't like cheap Chinese stuff this may not be the best route, but I have had no issues myself. BTW my whole camera setup is local so none of it ever hits the internet. Since I have been working from home since March I have no need (yet) to view anything from outside my home but eventually I will set up a VPN so I can look at stuff when I am away. Hope that answered your questions.

balucanb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Man... I know what you mean about cheap. I like frugal. :) I have a stoop that is deep too. So that may be a good idea. would like a doorbell cam that works with BI if possible.
I opted for the camera instead of a doorbell, front of the house is all stone and the current dumb doorbell is far enough to the side of the door I was not sure if the view would work and I didn't want to mess with it to be honest. The camera gives me a really good view. Just to clear all the Ezviz cameras work with BI, you just have to use generic settings to get them up and running. Only real issue I have is that 2 of the cameras are PTZ and I have yet to figure out how to get them to function (the PTZ) in BI other than that the cameras work fine. If I want/need to use that I just pop open the Ezviz app. If want to run up your credit card or sell a gold bar I am pretty sure the nest doorbell cams work in BI. Ezviz sells one for around 80 bucks U.S. that is also supposed to work. Forgot to mention all my cameras are Wifi. The actual outside ones I own do have POE capabilities. Just to lazy and fat to pull cable :O

B-Murda

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
FYI in the latest release at my request Ken added so if you cancel an alert it removes from the timeline. This means once cancel URL's are working/fixed in the AI you don't have to use Flags if you use cancel also and enable in BI to delay to wait for since only valid ones would be marked. That means flags can now be used for other purposes if one wanted also and makes the timeline in BI much more useful!