[tool] [tutorial] Free AI Person Detection for Blue Iris

balucanb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@balucanb yes recreate cameras folder for now.
@WildDoktor detais tab, aitool.exe will show true usage of app. The other python instances are deepstack working on your machine which is likely using most cpu
So @Chris Dodge I trashed everything, re installed the original gentlepumpkin , then downloaded the latest (I think) VorlonCD version. got it all set up and now it no longer throws the error when I draw a mask- YAY! Thanks. However...if you want to change that custom mask or just delete it I don't see anyway to do this from within the AI-Tool GUI. Am I correct or just missing something?

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So @Chris Dodge I trashed everything, re installed the original gentlepumpkin , then downloaded the latest (I think) VorlonCD version. got it all set up and now it no longer throws the error when I draw a mask- YAY! Thanks. However...if you want to change that custom mask or just delete it I don't see anyway to do this from within the AI-Tool GUI. Am I correct or just missing something?
Within AITool go to cameras/ draw mask custom and click 'clear' and then 'OK'
If it's a mask from the original GentlePumpkin AITool you have to remove the file (png image) from the Cameras folder.

balucanb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Within AITool go to cameras/ draw mask custom and click 'clear' and then 'OK'
If it's a mask from the original GentlePumpkin AITool you have to remove the file (png image) from the Cameras folder.
@Tinbum thanks but it is not a mask that was already there from the original, once I got everything loaded again I went into cameras/ draw mask custom and was trying to see if once I drew a mask if it was going to work or error out, it worked and when I tried to clear the mask that I drew it would not/will not clear.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
For those of you who may be interested, I'm playing with using the AI Tool to review CCTV from any NVR or DVR

Thread is here.

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@Tinbum thanks but it is not a mask that was already there from the original, once I got everything loaded again I went into cameras/ draw mask custom and was trying to see if once I drew a mask if it was going to work or error out, it worked and when I tried to clear the mask that I drew it would not/will not clear.
Read my first paragraph.

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I setup an image path, and I'm getting images with boxes in the path, but I've added &path=g:\alertimages to the end of my triggers and I don't get those images in my texts.
Another thread suggested setting up email alerts; I did that, but I only get the images in email that I get in my texts.
The latest update to AI Tool adds the [ImagePathEscaped] variable to use in the trigger URL, which is formatted to be URL-friendly (without slashes, etc). Once I switched to that, the alert images worked great in BI. I believe @Chris Dodge plans to release it soon, or you can download/compile yourself.

kwhalen58

n3wb
Reaction score
I likely just do not have the telegram end set up right . I had issues getting the chat id and may still not have that right>
Did you experience issues with the Telegram setup part or do you get an error in the log related to the Telegram upload?

Or are just the Telegram push notifications not appearing when Telegram is closed? -> disable battery optimizations for Telegram
I decided to give this a try and so far I have just about everything functioning with a few exceptions. AI version 1.67, BI5.3.3.3. My only issues are I do not seem to get BI Mobile app notifications any more which isnt a big deal but I also cant seem to get Telegram notifications either. I am not using any duplicate cameras just the single camera set up as per this guide. I do need to get some sort of notification working to alert me of positive alerts.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks
Solved the issue I had to disable Use Secure Session Keys and Login Page setting in the Advanced Web Server configuration screen and now everything works.

Thanks Kevin

MrPie

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello. First I want to thanks GentlePumpkin for this creation. I found it on youtube and thought it was so cool that I bought a Blue Iris just to get this project working.

But I'm having a very strange issue and I've read the complete thread but no solution worked for me.
If I download the last release and execute the program it works perfectly. But if I download the code and run it as it is on debug mode, or by exporting the project I get this error when trying to process an image:
"Object reference not set to an instance of an object" in line 246 shell.cs.
And the log says: "Processing the following image 'C:\BlueIris\aiinput\Entrada20201006_164118235.jpg' failed"
I'm using Windows 10, and Deepstack is running with detection enabled.
I've noted that I have to restart deepstack if I switch back to using the one that is working fine, the release found here:
I found it very strange that only happens if I try to compile the code. If anyone has a clue, please let me know.

Thanks

Last edited:

B-Murda

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Chris Dodge I may have missed this in the large number of post but few things with your recent version (thank you by the way again for your efforts from the original, this is getting more awesome by the release!).

• The cancel function doesn't seem to work? I just started trying to use fwiw so not sure if/when broke.
    I have the URL set and it never sends a cancel to BI using the URL I put. I can manually put the URL in browser and it works. I don't see anything logged about either.
  • On the history tab, you can't set columns. The list is blank.
  • Not sure if this has a performance impact but if one has a static mask it seems like the dynamic masking is being done first. For example despite a static mask, it is making entries it looks like when I check details. This doesn't cause any issues but wasn't sure if it's causing excess work.
  • Also on stats tab, the pie chart used to show me % I think but after clearing/resetting it seems it doesn't anymore. The chart looks correct but no more %, or maybe I'm making up it used to lol.
Thanks!

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
@Chris Dodge I'm getting a great deal of these errors. What should I do to help prevent them? Thanks!

Warning: It took a long time to add a history item @ 302ms, (Count=1154, Min=1ms, Max=1466ms, Avg=97ms), StackDepth=22, TID=1, TCNT=27: C:\Users\bi\Desktop\AI\AITool.Database.SQLITE3

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I found it very strange that only happens if I try to compile the code. If anyone has a clue, please let me know.
Instead of trying to compile this yourself you could use Chris Dodge's version found here. It adds additional features to GentlePumpkin's latest release.

MrPie

n3wb
Reaction score
Instead of trying to compile this yourself you could use Chris Dodge's version found here. It adds additional features to GentlePumpkin's latest release.
Thank you but I'm trying to add functions and change language, so I need to change the code and then compile it.
What is strange is that when I compile it I get that null exception error, but when I execute the last release of GentlePumpkin it works perfectly. So I know is nothing related to deepstack or my hardware. I'm thinking that if the code available corresponds to the last release, I must be doing something wrong when I compile but I don't know what.
Hope someone can give me a clue.

balucanb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Having triggering issues. 6 cameras all set up the same way. BI is only triggering/recording 3 of them? Not getting any pics in my AI folder (except for the 3 that do work) see below as to how they are set up in BI. I think it is a BI and not a AI-tool or Deepstack issue. I can see them all ( in DS) when I paste the trigger in to the browser, I have checked all the info in AI-Tool and it is all correct also. Any ideas what is going on? They (I?) pasted them out of order sorry

Attachments

pmcross

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Having triggering issues. 6 cameras all set up the same way. BI is only triggering/recording 3 of them? Not getting any pics in my AI folder (except for the 3 that do work) see below as to how they are set up in BI. I think it is a BI and not a AI-tool or Deepstack issue. I can see them all ( in DS) when I paste the trigger in to the browser, I have checked all the info in AI-Tool and it is all correct also. Any ideas what is going on? They (I?) pasted them out of order sorry
Change edge vector to simple for the algorithm. I've had issues with edge vector (as others have).

balucanb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Change edge vector to simple for the algorithm. I've had issues with edge vector (as others have).
Thanks! that seems to have done it. Now I have the opposite problem, it won't stop alerting LOL. neighbor is doing construction so lots of activity. back to tweaking......

balucanb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Lost count is the latest VorlonCD file- - Identity name="AITool" version="1.67.8.33855 ?

pomtom44

n3wb
Reaction score
HI all
I have had a look though the thread but cant seem to find an answer which solves my problem
I have BI, AI and deepstack running on the same machine
BI seems to be triggering fine, and AI is picking it up, but then I get errors about AI not able to talk to deepstack
"Cant reach DeepQuestAI Server at "

when i go to I get the web page fine
when I go to v1/vision/detection i get a 404 page

I can see that /v1/vision/detection is listed as a active api in the DeepStack logs, but nothing else shows in there
When starting the AI server I am selecting the detection API,

Is there something else I am missing or not doing

Firewall is fully disabled,
both programs are running as admin

cjowers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
BI seems to be triggering fine, and AI is picking it up, but then I get errors about AI not able to talk to deepstack
"Cant reach DeepQuestAI Server at "

when i go to I get the web page fine
when I go to v1/vision/detection i get a 404 page

I can see that /v1/vision/detection is listed as a active api in the DeepStack logs, but nothing else shows in there
When starting the AI server I am selecting the detection API,
which deepstack you running? :noavx version? from docker desktop on windows?
is your deepstack license activated by key / logged in?
maybe try another IP and port?

I think I've seen this, but having a hard time remembering what it was... I think I had issues using localhost or 127.0.0.1 IP as well, and instead used the pc's static IP. something like 192.168.XXX.XXX:83
my networking isn't so good, but it certainly looks like deepstack isn't receiving anything from AItools if there's nothing else showing in the deepstack console.

and you can use the url camera trigger typed into your webbrowser to trigger images for testing purposes, you dont have to wait for motion on the cams.

pomtom44

n3wb
Reaction score
which deepstack you running? :noavx version? from docker desktop on windows?
is your deepstack license activated by key / logged in?
maybe try another IP and port?

I think I've seen this, but having a hard time remembering what it was... I think I had issues using localhost or 127.0.0.1 IP as well, and instead used the pc's static IP. something like 192.168.XXX.XXX:83
my networking isn't so good, but it certainly looks like deepstack isn't receiving anything from AItools if there's nothing else showing in the deepstack console.

and you can use the url camera trigger typed into your webbrowser to trigger images for testing purposes, you dont have to wait for motion on the cams.
Running the standard windows 10 desktop version, nodocker
Licence is active (shows as such when i go to the web browser) and also shows that the port is correct

Tried both localhost and 127.0.0.1 and on port 80(default) and 81 (recommended)

Just tried with the static IP and still seems to not work,
and tried a higher port (8000 for eg) and no luck there

I agree its not getting the files from AI tools to DeepStack, but not sure why as I can access the webpage just fine from localhost and 127.0.0.1
it seems to be AI tools sending rather than deepstack receiving

cjowers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Running the standard windows 10 desktop version, nodocker
Licence is active (shows as such when i go to the web browser) and also shows that the port is correct

Tried both localhost and 127.0.0.1 and on port 80(default) and 81 (recommended)

Just tried with the static IP and still seems to not work,
and tried a higher port (8000 for eg) and no luck there

I agree its not getting the files from AI tools to DeepStack, but not sure why as I can access the webpage just fine from localhost and 127.0.0.1
it seems to be AI tools sending rather than deepstack receiving
If you computer is not one of several specific intel cpu models, you should run deepstackai:noavx (but i think it comes up with a different error in the deepstack console if this is the case)

i think 127.0.0.1 is some special IP loopback to localhost. try to set your pc static IP to something different: 192.168.1.100 and call that directly

Might be worth trying to run deepstack from docker, this might have been the reason why I did it. it's not any more difficult to setup I would say.