[tool] [tutorial] Free AI Person Detection for Blue Iris

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Find them quite similar. The nice thing about deep stack/AI Tools is that you can also choose vehicles, animals, etc. Whereas Sentry is solely for human detection right now.

The fact that AITools is free...is the icing on the cake.

shannondalebreaux

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Find them quite similar. The nice thing about deep stack/AI Tools is that you can also choose vehicles, animals, etc. Whereas Sentry is solely for human detection right now.

The fact that AITools is free...is the icing on the cake.
What cameras are you using?

pmcross

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How is the BI w/deep stack vs BI w/sentry with false positives?
For me Deepstack and AI Tool is far superior compared to Sentry. Out of the box Deepstack and AI Tool is about the same as Sentry in regards to false positives. With some tuning by adjusting confidence levels and creating masks to exclude areas makes Deepstack and AI Tool MUCH more accurate than Sentry IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So last night I received a ton of emails from triggers, but strangely the majority of them were false (e.g., received emails with snips of the ones that say "false" below).

Any idea what setting would cause me to receive triggers even when it is identified as false?

1593690281316.png

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah I assume so, though I thought the way the cameras are set up in the step by step guide they would only be triggered if AITools saw something? That's how I was hoping it would work anyhow to get rid of all the headlight issues with that cam.

pmcross

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
AI Tool is showing that an alert shouldn’t have been sent an indicated by the X. Check your camera settings to make sure that your main camera doesn’t have motion detection enabled. I’m assuming that you’re using cloned cameras to trigger motion and send screenshots to Deepstack.

pnakashian

n3wb
Reaction score
@pnakashian THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! FINALLY GOT IT WORKING. Pretty excited now i can actually mess with it. Anyone having trouble with the stupid " Object reference not set to an instance of an object. (code: -2147467261 ) ERROR: Processing the following image 'E:\aiinput/FCSD.20200601_161832518.jpg' failed. Failure in AI Tool processing the image."

TRY THIS! IT WORKED FOR ME! THANK YOU AGAIN!!!
Hi @freefaller85
i've been away from this site for a couple of weeks, just curious what worked, was your docker in windows configured platform windows? or did you use the entire docker command line which has some advantages over the gui?

Judman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
AI Tool is showing that an alert shouldn’t have been sent an indicated by the X. Check your camera settings to make sure that your main camera doesn’t have motion detection enabled. I’m assuming that you’re using cloned cameras to trigger motion and send screenshots to Deepstack.

That's not true at all. It just means there was nothing in the image that falls within the detection criteria for that camera.

The whole point of the AI Tools/Deep Stack setup is to take away the alert decision from BI. For that to happen you need to make sure AI Tools/Deep Stack doesn't miss any motion events by making sure BI is sending anything remotely important.

PiTAFlight

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the following issue:

Starting DeepStack with VISION-DETECTION=True gives me the following error:
[02.07.2020, 17:25:57.546]: (1/6) Uploading image to DeepQuestAI Server
[02.07.2020, 17:25:58.043]: Cleaning cameras/history.csv if neccessary...
[02.07.2020, 17:25:59.807]: System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException | An error occurred while sending the request. (code: -2146233079 )
[02.07.2020, 17:25:59.816]: ERROR: Processing the following image 'D:\BlueIris\aiinput/IPC08.20200702_172557513.jpg' failed. Can't reach DeepQuestAI Server at .

When I visit the webpage I can see DeepStack is running and activated.

When I start DeepStack with VISION-SCENE=True or VISION-FACE=True i get this error:
[02.07.2020, 17:21:26.236]: (1/6) Uploading image to DeepQuestAI Server
[02.07.2020, 17:21:26.249]: (2/6) Waiting for results
[02.07.2020, 17:21:26.257]: (3/6) Processing results:
[02.07.2020, 17:21:26.265]: System.NullReferenceException | Object reference not set to an instance of an object. (code: -2147467261 )
[02.07.2020, 17:21:26.273]: ERROR: Processing the following image 'D:\BlueIris\aiinput/IPC08.20200702_172126168.jpg' failed. Failure in AI Tool processing the image.

This seems logic to me since it needs VISION-DETECTION, but it shows DeepStack in this case can be reached.

This is how I start Deepstack (Linux Debian 10 in VM under MSWindows10):
sudo docker run -e VISION-DETECTION=True -v localstorage:/datastore -p 80:5000 deepquestai/deepstack

I already tried the windows version of deepstack in windows 10. Same problem after selecting the checkbox after DETECTION.
I tried to install DeepStack on a docker version in Synology NAS. When entering enviroment variable VISION-DETECTION=TRUE Same problem without this variable server can be reached but processing error.

Please Help.

PiTA

shannondalebreaux

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For me Deepstack and AI Tool is far superior compared to Sentry. Out of the box Deepstack and AI Tool is about the same as Sentry in regards to false positives. With some tuning by adjusting confidence levels and creating masks to exclude areas makes Deepstack and AI Tool MUCH more accurate than Sentry IMO.

I have it setup on my windows 10 computer I am stuck here url for deep stack how do I find this address?

Attachments

Thug

n3wb
Reaction score
I have it setup on my windows 10 computer I am stuck here url for deep stack how do I find this address?
You need your local IP address, then you need to put the port in after it. The port will be whatever you designated it when you started the server. If you cant remember, stop the Deepstack server, and restart it, and this time make sure you use a port that you know (eg. 81 - but not the same port as your blueiris server)

Then, assuming you're running it on the same server as your blueiris, the url will be [localhost]:[PORT]

If not, go to the machine where you are running the deepstack server, and type in the search bar next to the windows start button and type ipconfig. It'll give you the information you need there

Last edited:

Thug

n3wb
Reaction score
This thing is absolutely amazing, kudos to the author and thank you so much. Before I came across this, my alert system was unusable due to spider webs. I've had ZERO false alerts in the last 18 hours!

shannondalebreaux

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You need your local IP address, then you need to put the port in after it. The port will be whatever you designated it when you started the server. If you cant remember, stop the Deepstack server, and restart it, and this time make sure you use a port that you know (eg. 81 - but nt the same port as your blueiris server)

Then the url will be [localhost]:[PORT]
So you get the local address from the deep stack before I start it? I follow the instructions used port 81 I think that's what BI uses so it would be diff.port and address?

Thug

n3wb
Reaction score
So you get the local address from the deep stack before I start it? I follow the instructions used port 81 I think that's what BI uses so it would be diff.port and address?
Go to the machine where you are running deepstack. In the search bar on your task bar type in ipconfig
A command applet will open and it'll tell you your IP address

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
This thing is absolutely amazing, kudos to the author and thank you so much. Before I came across this, my alert system was unusable due to spider webs. I've had ZERO false alerts in the last 18 hours!
I found that using only AITools/DeepquestAI some triggers were being missed as it failed to recognise a person on my driveway so had to enable some basic motion detection to mop the missed triggers.

lvp2lvp

n3wb
Reaction score
How many core does the CPU running deepstack has and are you running deepstack on High?
Hi!
I have a 8th gen i3 running on a intel NUC.
I was given some tips in the deppstack forum, as I am still evaluating BI, I have the blue letters watermark in the image and it may interfere with the object detection.
And second, the highlighted motion orange rectangles may interfere as well.

I will try if it improves the night detection of humans.