[tool] [tutorial] Free AI Person Detection for Blue Iris

meissen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Edit: Figured it out - I disabled the webcasting and now it's not showing up in UI3.

meissen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That only hides it in the actual BI program, but if webcasting is still enabled then it won't hide it in the UI3 web interface.

Syc0Maniac

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, I have read to page 12 and I am running on little to no sleep so I jumped ahead for a more direct approach for an answer so i apologize if it has been discussed before ;) But I was wondering if the benefits are any better running a windows docker for DeepStack, BI and AITools all on the same system (HP ProDesk 400 G3 SFF, i5-6500, 8GB 2133 DDR4, 3TB 7200 ENT HDD, 120GB SSD) as opposed to running the windows version of DeepStack? I have noticed that there is quite a delay when motion is detected to when the image is processed and posted in AITools. Are there tweaks to make this faster either way? I have only setup 1 camera (AD110 Doorbell) to test so far till I know the ins/outs of how to make this work smoothly.
_TIA for all your help and TY @GentlePumpkin for the great tools and step/step guides!

ReXX

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How much is quite a delay?
It's almost instant for me.

I'm running BI and the Windows version of Deepstack.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
How much is quite a delay?
It's almost instant for me.

I'm running BI and the Windows version of Deepstack.
Deepstack windows version was a bit quicker for me but I switched to docker version because it is saving me CPU

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
What system do you use for Deepstack?
I have an i5-8500T 2.1 GHz and 8GB of ram where I also run Blue Iris with 4 hikvision cameras.

I send 2048x1536 resolution files to Deepstack which analyse them in around 6-700ms.

So anything over 1 second is very slow to me.
That is impressive. My CPU is a i5-6500 and processing a 1080p image takes around 3.5 seconds. Am using docker desktop with WSL2 and DQ for docker.

AI_Rulez

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

please mind my english i am trying as good as i can. I am from Germany and its been ages since i had to use english.

after 20Hours of working on the System i have now finally got everything working. Tomorrow ill buy Blue Iris since the system is GODLIKE.

Let me tell you a bit about my Setup. And along those lines I will tell you where i had problems and how i fixed them.

First of all big thx to gentle Pumkin for the programm AITool. Even though I am using it at the moment I plan to change a few things here an there to fully integrate it in my smart home system. Things like mqtt and such.

Here my Setup:

Super Micro Server with 2 Intel Processors running VMWare ESXI 6.5 196GB of ECC Ram

On this Setup I have 14 Virtual Machines running. Mostly Debian systems like plex Owncloud MQTT Influx AI systems and others.

I set up a Win 10pro VM for Blue Iris gave it 16GB Ram and 2 Processors with 4 Cores each.

I have 8 Mobotix Thermal Cams arround the house connected to Blue iris.

The only issues i had was that AI tools didnt want to connect to the DeepStack AI.

What did i do to solve it?

well the only way i got it running was with docker and i had to use the noavx version. By my analysis there seems to be a problem with the windows version and the docker version at the Moment.

If there are any questions ill answer them as far as i can.

meissen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
There's definitely something unstable/missing with DeepStack's installation for Windows -- I don't know if there's a DLL that's not included with DeepStack's installation or what. When I google'd the specific pyd file that was erroring out (tensorflow) I found other posts un-related to DeepStack where people were having issues with it. Someone wrote a python script that you can run from Command Line and it scans the machine for dependencies for tensorflow and alerts you to what's missing. It came back with a handful of DLLs and things that needed to be installed. While most of it was freeware, there was 1 dependency for NVidia CuDNN which required a developer account to download and I didn't feel like jumping through all those hoops.

meissen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sure, here is the URL to put AI Tool. Note that you need to be running newer than version 5.2.7.12 n BI and version 1.67 Preview 3 in AI Tool (I believe). This will flag the alert as well as input what object was detected when looking at alerts from the BI console.

IP/admin?camera=CAM SHORT NAME&flagalert=1&trigger&memo=[summary]&user=username&pw=password
Can anyone elaborate on the URL for getting the memo into BI console? I used this URL but I'm getting literally '[summary]' showing up in the BI Console.

Attachments

Chris Dodge

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

meissen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
D'oh - thank you! I had grabbed the newest version that was uploaded in the 1st post, but apparently it's a few versions behind. :)

Edit: That worked beautifully!

Attachments

Last edited:

Syc0Maniac

n3wb
Reaction score
So the ONLY way to auto start things is with Win 10 Pro Docker? I did the AITool as a service to make it start with windows and want to make everything startup the same so I can set my little box somewhere and forget it without the worries of having to go back to it to click some programs. Is there a downside to using the Win 10 Pro Docker route?

meissen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
D'oh - thank you! I had grabbed the newest version that was uploaded in the 1st post, but apparently it's a few versions behind. :)

Edit: That worked beautifully!
The best part about having a 5 year old kid is saying "Hey do you want to help dad test his cameras?! Go run a lap around the house!" And he does it with joy LOL

ReXX

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So the ONLY way to auto start things is with Win 10 Pro Docker? I did the AITool as a service to make it start with windows and want to make everything startup the same so I can set my little box somewhere and forget it without the worries of having to go back to it to click some programs. Is there a downside to using the Win 10 Pro Docker route?
See this post [tool] [tutorial] Free AI Person Detection for Blue Iris