[tool] [tutorial] Free AI Person Detection for Blue Iris

blazin912

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Auto logon there is a password but it is not required.

CPU is i5 3570 w/ 4GB RAM
CPU normally hovers around 20-40% without this load. RAM 1GB
Maybe the speed is related to my HDDs they are ancient too. This was some old PC that hadn't been used for a few years, I swapped out the CPU from a scavenge seller. All hardware tested through prime95 and stable, but it's definitely slow. Very, very, slow
Well I had an SSD and 16GB of RAM laying around.. clonezilla'd and dropped it in. All my problems solved. Slow pc = unreliable.

Docker service set to automatic start, no issue, windows 10 pro.. but i suspect would've been fine with home.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Well I had an SSD and 16GB of RAM laying around.. clonezilla'd and dropped it in. All my problems solved. Slow pc = unreliable.

Docker service set to automatic start, no issue, windows 10 pro.. but i suspect would've been fine with home.
Was going to say 4Gb of RAM is nothing, Windows was probably swapping like crazy, I tried running my dedicated BI machine with just 8Gb of ram and it was never happy so have 12Gb in it right now, planning to up that to 16Gb at some point which should smooth things out nicely.

blazin912

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Was going to say 4Gb of RAM is nothing, Windows was probably swapping like crazy, I tried running my dedicated BI machine with just 8Gb of ram and it was never happy so have 12Gb in it right now, planning to up that to 16Gb at some point which should smooth things out nicely.
Yea I was having reliability issues that I think we're linked to two bad ram slots on my mobo. They are intermittent causing no boots periodically. In my debug I swapped sticks around and landed on 2x2gb, but had 2x8gb I forgot about . Anyways this thing flies now.

blazin912

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone seen:

ERROR: Can't write to cameras/history.csv! repeatedly?

Motoxer

n3wb
Reaction score
also getting same error as post 1323

docker: Error response from daemon: OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:349: starting container process caused "exec: \"for\": executable file not found in $PATH": unknown

followed guide step by step. port 81 was in use so tried 83 and getting the error. on windows 1809 if it makes a difference

blazin912

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
also getting same error as post 1323

docker: Error response from daemon: OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:349: starting container process caused "exec: \"for\": executable file not found in $PATH": unknown

followed guide step by step. port 81 was in use so tried 83 and getting the error. on windows 1809 if it makes a difference
Make sure your command to run doesn't include " for CPU" that's not part of the argument

Motoxer

n3wb
Reaction score
Make sure your command to run doesn't include " for CPU" that's not part of the argument
ahh, that was it thank you

docker run --restart=always -e VISION-DETECTION=True -v localstorage:/datastore -p 83:5000 --name deepstack deepquestai/deepstack:cpu-x3-beta

worked instantly

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Anybody know if DeepQuest within Docker will update itself as and when an updated version is released?

Motoxer

n3wb
Reaction score
Having troubles with docker / bluestack

Log constantly showing error:
ERROR: Processing the following image 'X:\BlueIris\aiinput\X.jpg' failed. Can't reach DeepQuestAI Server at .

tried noavx version but it was still doing it, increased ram still doing it
(running win10 no VMs)

blue iris seems to be falling back to its own detection

Docker driving me insane. Docker desktop service is running at start but can't connect through localhost until I manually launch the exe.

Last edited:

gazoo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey, Docker briefly ran in logged off mode after an update to Windows 10 Pro feature 2004. I'm afraid I probably should not be used as a reference. Apparently my server is not listed as supported by Windows 10 by the motherboard mfg. It could be because it's too old (SuperMicro X9SCI-LN4F) and there aren't any certified drivers for Win10. I tried the Windows 8 drivers from Intel and Supermicro (which it did have) but it doesn't recognize them. So my advice is to make sure you're updated, and if you are try the AlwaysUp app. Another interesting thing that came up after updating to feature 2004, WSL2 started prompting me to be used instead of Hyper-V for the virtualized environment in Windows. Maybe this is the reason some of you can use it. I couldn't get that working so I gave up and I'm going to just autologin and lock the computer. Not happy about it but I got the hardware very cheap and the CPU runs BI + DeepStack low.

Reaction score
First time post here. I wanted to thank everyone and Pumpkin for this great tool. Its actually super interesting to see the AI detect everything.

I had a question. Has anyone encountered that after disabling the web server auth keys, that the UI3 won't stay logged in anymore? Seems to timeout after hours? Goes back to a blank white page with "authetication required". This is despite having the UI3 settings timeout to '0'. I would like to keep authentication to 'ALL' to maintain network security best practices rather than change to non-LAN only.

blazin912

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone have a good solution for driveways?? Don't get me wrong, this definitely reduces false alerts, but if someone parks in my driveway won't this register all future motion events positive?

I'm trying to eliminate false alerts from trees swaying, but if you park in the driveway instead of the garage for instance visitors, etc... Then a that tree swaying comes through right??

Reaction score
finitely reduces false alerts, but if someone parks in my driveway won't this register all future motion events positive?

I'm trying to eliminate false alerts from trees swaying, but if you park in the driveway instead of the garage for instance visitors, etc... Then a that tree swaying comes through right
I have the same issue. If i have my car parked in driveway, all the normal false positives go through because it identifies my car. I wonder if there was a way to teach the AI over time with feedback

blazin912

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the same issue. If i have my car parked in driveway, all the normal false positives go through because it identifies my car. I wonder if there was a way to teach the AI over time with feedback
It's probably the only issue I have with the thing, most other situations would be fine with a mask. You'd basically need dynamic masking that masks the final location of the car.. if motion detected and originating from masked area, clear mask. Very convoluted and prone to errors..

Just hoping there's an easier KISS solution

Motoxer

n3wb
Reaction score
Are there any updated guides that actually work?
Followed this one exactly and then tried thehookup setup

Docker desktop fails to run at start so AITool errors:
Can't reach DeepQuestAI Server at
Tried a VM of hass.io and it fails to deploy deepstack container through portainer, erroring:
failure object not found in the database

blazin912

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are there any updated guides that actually work?
Followed this one exactly and then tried thehookup setup

Docker desktop fails to run at start so AITool errors:
Can't reach DeepQuestAI Server at
Tried a VM of hass.io and it fails to deploy deepstack container through portainer, erroring:
failure object not found in the database
Why is docker failing to start? Any errors? Whats your PC setup for specs? I had issues when my PC was woefully under powered