[tool] [tutorial] Free AI Person Detection for Blue Iris

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Now that the SenseAI is out for BI can this AI tool be set up to utilize SenseAI server instead of Deepstack?
Maybe a daft question.

Chris Dodge

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No shit!? It appears SenseAI detection output is already compatible with Deepstack! In AITOOL you basically just add a new Deepstack server and point to the right URL/port (5000 by default) where you installed SenseAI. I did a quick test and it seems to return valid objects. Now I dont have to update AITOOL code for support :) At least one downside is it doesnt support GPU acceleration yet. And I'm not sure about multiple instance support yet, but you could always run 1 in docker and one as a native windows install using a different port.

Latest AITOOL is always here:

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
When I used AITool, I liked AITool's UI and stats views. Now that BI natively supports Deepstack, what are your reasons to continue to use AITool? I might try AITool again to see if I can get the status info again.

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Because their is so much more that you can do with it.- simple.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not at home so will have to check the version of AITool I'm using, but out of the blue a few weeks ago I noticed that the number of false alerts at night has greatly increased in particular on my driveway. Basically every time a car drives in to the subdivision and its lights shine on my driveway I get an alert. What is odd is that the alert is for a "car" and it clearly shows that the car is in my masked area of the picture.

I tried going in and resetting the mask, but keep having the same issue?

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here's an example, you can see the Car is within the masked area, but it's still alerting?

1657019953897.png

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Also, strange, if I clear the custom mask and try to redraw a rectangle across the image, it only masks the top left? The rectanble below should be right across the screen, but have tried clearing and redoing it, and keep ending up with this?

Running AI 1.67.8.33855

1657020057558.png

Looks like I am getting a resolution mismatch error?

1657020151446.png

Chris Dodge

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Also, strange, if I clear the custom mask and try to redraw a rectangle across the image, it only masks the top left? The rectanble below should be right across the screen, but have tried clearing and redoing it, and keep ending up with this?

Running AI 1.67.8.33855

View attachment 132542

Looks like I am getting a resolution mismatch error?

View attachment 132543
The issue is that sometimes the camera or blueiris doesnt always create the image from the same resolution camera stream. For later versions (than what you have) of AITOOL you can create a mask for each resolution image that is spit out.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The issue is that sometimes the camera or blueiris doesnt always create the image from the same resolution camera stream. For later versions (than what you have) of AITOOL you can create a mask for each resolution image that is spit out.

Got it. Will look at updating AI. Will it retain all my settings?

Just seems odd that this suddenly started happening out of the blue a few weeks ago.

Chris Dodge

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Got it. Will look at updating AI. Will it retain all my settings?

Just seems odd that this suddenly started happening out of the blue a few weeks ago.
Yes, setting should stick but I would make a backup of your folder first.
maybe started due to camera firmware update or BI update? Anyway its been a known problem for a while if you search around. I seem to recall there is a way to force BI to more consistently use the same resolution camera stream.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Still seem to be struggling with getting alerts, sometimes I get them (very rarely) most of the time I do not. A couple Q's:

1. I see AI tool running as a service/background process in Task Manager, but I used to be able to see it in my windows tray. Now it is no longer there, and if I click on AI Tool.exe it gives me the "there is already an instance running, do you want to shut this one down" prompt. How do I open the one that is running?

2. The URL doesn't seem to be triggering my cameras when I insert it into a browser. This is the URL ... [BlueIrisURL]/admin?camera=[camera]&trigger&user=[Username]&pw=[Password]&flagalert=2&memo=[summary]&jpeg=[ImagePathEscaped]. Just curious, as I always run into issues with this, is it because I end my password with a "#" symbol, and that causes issues?

Chris Dodge

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@pbc - I would disable the service, then go into AITOOL and enable "Start with user login". That way you only ever have one instance of AITOOL running. If you need to automatically log into windows when you reboot there is a way if you google around. Otherwise, you need to STOP the service before trying to run the GUI version/task tray since only one copy can be running at a time.

For the URL issue, you may need to revert to an older version of BI in order for it to work more consistently. See this thread: No external trigger in BI from AI Tool · Issue #273 · VorlonCD/bi-aidetection

Already on the latest version of AITOOL? bi-aidetection/src/UI/Installer at master · VorlonCD/bi-aidetection

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Disable the service in Windows you mean? It doesn't seem to be in the services.msc list.

Maybe I should actually check out the BI integration with Deepstack as it seems fewer and fewer folks are still using AI given the lack of messages the last several months. Presumably it works well enough, not sure what the limitations are.

Edit: Okay, lost after 10 minutes of trying to figure out how to use BI and Deepstack integration (my deepstack is installed on a docker container).

The AI Tools hasn't worked with the newer versions of BlueIris since early 2022? I am literally getting zero alert triggers, but seeing them in AI Tool, and when I hit "Test" in the camera section seems to be okay. Argh.

Last edited:

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Okay, managed to get the flags to work (via the URL) by removing the "#" from the password which was causing issues as I thought, it properly triggers BI and I see the flag show up in BI (and I get a notification on my phone).

But for the life of me I can't recall how to set up the camera profiles so that it triggers on motion and sends a jpg to the aiiinput folder. Have them set up as follows...

1663192980044.png1663192998279.png
1663193218377.png1663193774533.png

Anything in the above that looks off?

minigranis

n3wb
Reaction score
Looks OK to me, only thing I can think of is that you got the Zones and hot spot checked, Do you have the "correct" config there ?
Also the Trigger screenshot is done with another profile (At home), all other screenshots are done with At work profile.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks, got it working again. But am now attempting to install the GPU version of DS for BI directly...already running into challenges to may revert back (haven't uninstalled the docker Deepstack setup I have just in case).

Monty

n3wb
Reaction score
When I used AITool, I liked AITool's UI and stats views. Now that BI natively supports Deepstack, what are your reasons to continue to use AITool? I might try AITool again to see if I can get the status info again.
You can send alerts to multiple telegram groups using same tool

animous

n3wb
Reaction score
Still using AI Tool + Deepstack GPU and very happy. The memo is useful (e.g. Person 90%), but is there any way to get the correct icons in the BI timeline? E.g. if a person is detected, show a person icon in the timeline. I only ever get the flag. The API doesn't seem to have an option for this, but maybe I missed it.