Toying with mounting cameras inside on upper window casing

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I feel the same way. He's being bullied by this guy, and it's the 2nd time in 2 months. I don't have enough finger strength to type out the three year saga we've been dealing with this wing nut. He's not stable. He carries his pistol to my neighbors porch at his midnight visits. He makes sure he sees it in his pocket to complain about his company that he works for, not fixing his exterior light pole. Thing is, if he presses charges, the guy loses all his weapons in Onondaga County immediately for a felony, until it's resolved. His carry permit and his long guns. (He needs to lose them). He feels he will act out towards his family or property if he does that. It's a tough call. There are 9 little children on our seven house cul de sac.

SD

Onondaga County, Syracuse, NY
Wow, not that anyone wants it to escalate to that, but in florida you'd be legal to protect yourself by any means necessary, and if he is a felon, just a threat could send him to prison (i'd assume) also having the guns as a felon would put him away, I'd call the police, file a police report, turn the footage over, and get him locked the f up.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Wow, not that anyone wants it to escalate to that, but in florida you'd be legal to protect yourself by any means necessary, and if he is a felon, just a threat could send him to prison (i'd assume) also having the guns as a felon would put him away, I'd call the police, file a police report, turn the footage over, and get him locked the f up.
He is not a felon, but will be. We have to be careful as you can imagine.

SD

Last edited:

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
He is not a felon. He's a Wall St broker, white collar guy who has more $$ than he knows what to do with, and he'll tell you too. He's usually in Manhattan and not a problem. When he drinks, he's a nightmare. He was cocked last night as he stumbled away from the van after slashing the tires. He blacks out. There's an 80% chance he doesn't even remember it. We have to handle it appropriately. I have 4 and 5 year old daughters. My neighbors have exactly the same to my right. Bullied neighbor has a a 3 year old, and another 4 pack ranging from 3 - 11 the next house over. We have to be careful as you can imagine.

SD
high functioning alcoholic, greeaaat. keep collecting video footage of him doing things drunk, then get all the neighbors together and baker act him, done lol. can't hurt anyone from inside of a treatment facility. they won't let him out until he can prove he isn't a danger to himself or anyone else, I know, I've done it before.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You need a paper trail, really should call the police each and every time he acts up. Neighbor shouldn't be answering the door to this nut case, no good can come from it. He doesn't deserve to have a handgun permit or any guns.

Does your county participate in www.wetip.com? Its anonymous.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No, not me. This camera is a future install at a friends house temporarily setup covering my neighbor's driveway. He's pissed at the company my neighbor works at because they won't come out at 11:00 at night.

The guy is drunk out of his mind (stumbling, but it got cut out) and I have the footage from two cameras of the idiot leaving his house and returning. The file converter reduced it to 720P and only let me convert half of the file.

The thing that bothers me is he's not going to do a thing about it. He's afraid of the guy and potential retaliation. His wife is hysterical, and they have a 3 year old daughter. I can understand both views, and I don't have a dog in this fight. Just the evidence.

SD
You would think the owner of the truck would want to do something about it.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
He is not a felon. He's a Wall St broker, white collar guy who has more $$ than he knows what to do with, and he'll tell you too.
You'd wonder how the footage could inadvertently reach the management of whoever he works for ... or his friends and colleagues, if he has any, or his Facebook page etc.
It's already on public view, along with the discussion, on here.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
he's skeered, I'd beat this guy to a bloody pulp, and if he had a gun and pulled it, it'd be the last thing he did, then the problem would be solved forever. this guy aint no joke, an alcoholic with guns, all he has to do is act like a moron and pull the gun one time and shoot someone's kid through the wall, then you'll all wish you acted sooner. Tresspassing, at least here, can be met with non deadly force, the second he pulls a weapon, that's a threat of great bodily harm or death and use for deadly force is legal.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You need a paper trail, really should call the police each and every time he acts up. Neighbor shouldn't be answering the door to this nut case, no good can come from it. He doesn't deserve to have a handgun permit or any guns.

Does your county participate in www.wetip.com? Its anonymous.
I agree 1000%. The first step would remove his weapons, whether he liked it or not.

My neighbor has asked his company not to do anything.

You'd wonder how the footage could inadvertently reach the management of whoever he works for ... or his friends and colleagues, if he has any, or his Facebook page etc.
It's already on public view, along with the discussion, on here.
His company is aware and at his request, is leaving it alone. I don't agree.

Pretty hard to ID from what's been posted.
I have 3 videos total. 5 minutes in all. Two are from the 1080P Nest cam, and clearly show him leaving his house, walking to my neighbors van, slashing the two driver side tires, and then pretend to take a stroll around the cul de sac at midnight. It's definitely clear to me all of us, police included.

he's skeered, I'd beat this guy to a bloody pulp, and if he had a gun and pulled it, it'd be the last thing he did, then the problem would be solved forever. this guy aint no joke, an alcoholic with guns, all he has to do is act like a moron and pull the gun one time and shoot someone's kid through the wall, then you'll all wish you acted sooner. Tresspassing, at least here, can be met with non deadly force, the second he pulls a weapon, that's a threat of great bodily harm or death and use for deadly force is legal.
I know how I'd handle it, but like I said, I don't have a dog in this fight, just the evidence.

SD

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Spray some mosquito repellent, that should do the trick for a little while, lol --- just sayin'

Can't you apply an anti-reflective coating on the window, if mounting from inside and concerned over light reflection? Just wondering if this feasible

Big flies, hornets, etc outside set them off too. The problem inside if you have flies is that the window glass funnels them right in front of a close mounted lens. Houseflies will drive you nuts for motion alerts if you don't stick a tube or something to the window. That'll help for glare from internal lights as well. Sticking a toilet paper roll to your window won't help with the WAF though.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
He is not a felon. He's a Wall St broker, white collar guy who has more $$ than he knows what to do with, and he'll tell you too. He's usually in Manhattan and not a problem. When he drinks, he's a nightmare. He was cocked last night as he stumbled away from the van after slashing the tires. He blacks out. There's an 80% chance he doesn't even remember it. We have to handle it appropriately. I have 4 and 5 year old daughters. My neighbors have exactly the same to my right. Bullied neighbor has a a 3 year old, and another 4 pack ranging from 3 - 11 the next house over. We have to be careful as you can imagine.

SD
Many of those guys are permitted and even encouraged to continue to behave in appropriately.

Definitely work on building a good solid paper trail, and then a restraining order backed up with security cameras which can ID him when he breaks the order.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Many of those guys are permitted and even encouraged to continue to behave in appropriately.

Definitely work on building a good solid paper trail, and then a restraining order backed up with security cameras which can ID him when he breaks the order.
We had a neighborhood meeting Friday night. All 7 families are banding together in a united front. We will rise up and squash this prick like a bug. I don't care how much $$ he thinks he has. It is now one against 12. We want him to move, but not sure that will happen.

SD

Last edited:

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I had to call another meeting Saturday night. I need help with my career path. Trying to decide if I should become a professional drinker, or just stick to IT, Concrete, Signs and Property Maintenance! ;)

SD

Last edited:

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
We had a neighborhood meeting Friday night. All the families got together and convinced the victim to have his company press charges. He feels better about his company starting the ball rolling. I guess they are somewhat comforted by that little bit of separation. All 7 families are banding together in a united front. We will rise up and squash this prick like a bug. I don't care how much $$ he has. It is now one against 12. We want him to move, but not sure that will happen.

I gave a statement to the investigator, and so did the victim's other neighbor. I also provided them with three videos of the act, and two Facebook screen shots of him threatening gang violence towards another neighbor. So, after the deputy investigated a bit, it turns out he doe NOT have a valid pistol permit in NYS. He moved from OH three years ago and had 30 days to transfer his permit, which he hasn't. So, that's another felony. They are planning on going in with a search warrant soon, as they can't really divulge any other info to me during the ongoing investigation. I have extra cameras installed now as I cannot wait to see him removed in handcuffs, and only hope he acts like a tough guy. I know that probably won't happen, as bully's usually cower when the shit hits the fan.

Let me tell you the worst part, that enrages me so much, I am getting emotional just tying this.
When UPS delivers to our house, they give a courtesy doorbell ring. Thursday, my wife being home alone, was hiding in the pantry for a half hour thinking the worst of course. :angry:
The victim's wife will not leave for work with her 3 year old alone now, so my neighbor has to go in to work an hour late EVERY DAY because she is terrified. :angry:
Neighbors on other side will NOT let their kids play outside in the cul de sac, which we have been using for the last three years without issue. :angry:
Neighbor #3 will not answer his door anymore. Need a courtesy text beforehand to get him to come out. :angry:

SD

Here's how the meeting ended up.....
View attachment 16680

welp, with multiple felonies, some of them involving guns, I don't think you're gonna have to worry about that guy for long, I think in his best case scenario it costs him everything he has just to stay out of prison and then he ends up on probation etc, with one strike and off to prison you go, or he actually just gets sent to prison for a bit. I'd imagine either way there is a good chance he will be court ordered to move out of that neighborhood. Also it sounds like neighbors need to band together and hire an attorney, it sounds like there is a very strong case to sue this guy for mental anguish, lost wages, etc. etc. in the end he should lose his house because he has to sell it to help pay for everything, thereby leaving the neighborhood by default.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
welp, with multiple felonies, some of them involving guns, I don't think you're gonna have to worry about that guy for long, I think in his best case scenario it costs him everything he has just to stay out of prison and then he ends up on probation etc, with one strike and off to prison you go, or he actually just gets sent to prison for a bit. I'd imagine either way there is a good chance he will be court ordered to move out of that neighborhood. Also it sounds like neighbors need to band together and hire an attorney, it sounds like there is a very strong case to sue this guy for mental anguish, lost wages, etc. etc. in the end he should lose his house because he has to sell it to help pay for everything, thereby leaving the neighborhood by default.
I hadn't thought of the legal civil path. Thanks Griff. I'm bringing that up to the neighborhood.

SD

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Unfortunately, while good intentioned, about all doing this would accomplish is drain you and your neighbors wallets. Cause you and your wife emotional stress out the wazoo. I know of a couple of instances similar to this, and lawsuits brought by group of neighbors against another neighbor. After 4-5-6 years of being dragged through the court system and $20,000 per plaintiff later, they let it dry up and go away. Justice isn't swift nor fair. Only winners were the lawyers. Our court system blows. Best of luck.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We had a neighborhood meeting Friday night. All the families got together and convinced the victim to have his company press charges. He feels better about his company starting the ball rolling. I guess they are somewhat comforted by that little bit of separation. All 7 families are banding together in a united front. We will rise up and squash this prick like a bug. I don't care how much $$ he has. It is now one against 12. We want him to move, but not sure that will happen.

I gave a statement to the investigator, and so did the victim's other neighbor. I also provided them with three videos of the act, and two Facebook screen shots of him threatening gang violence towards another neighbor. So, after the deputy investigated a bit, it turns out he doe NOT have a valid pistol permit in NYS. He moved from OH three years ago and had 30 days to transfer his permit, which he hasn't. So, that's another felony. They are planning on going in with a search warrant soon, as they can't really divulge any other info to me during the ongoing investigation. I have extra cameras installed now as I cannot wait to see him removed in handcuffs, and only hope he acts like a tough guy. I know that probably won't happen, as bully's usually cower when the shit hits the fan.

Let me tell you the worst part, that enrages me so much, I am getting emotional just tying this.
When UPS delivers to our house, they give a courtesy doorbell ring. Thursday, my wife being home alone, was hiding in the pantry for a half hour thinking the worst of course. :angry:
The victim's wife will not leave for work with her 3 year old alone now, so my neighbor has to go in to work an hour late EVERY DAY because she is terrified. :angry:
Neighbors on other side will NOT let their kids play outside in the cul de sac, which we have been using for the last three years without issue. :angry:
Neighbor #3 will not answer his door anymore. Need a courtesy text beforehand to get him to come out. :angry:

SD

Here's how the meeting ended up.....
View attachment 16680
Man, sorry to hear this, especially for your wife. Front door cam pronto so she can see who it is, and hopefully keep her imagination from running wild each time the door bell rings.

If you don't have a good peep hole in the front door, you need one.

I know lots of folks that live in sketchy areas, and if you don't call or text first before arriving at their house, you don't get in. Their standard everyday operating procedure. Sad.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Unfortunately, while good intentioned, about all doing this would accomplish is drain you and your neighbors wallets. Cause you and your wife emotional stress out the wazoo. I know of a couple of instances similar to this, and lawsuits brought by group of neighbors against another neighbor. After 4-5-6 years of being dragged through the court system and $20,000 per plaintiff later, they let it dry up and go away. Justice isn't swift nor fair. Only winners were the lawyers. Our court system blows. Best of luck.
This is why I fully support taking things into your own hands, there is no end to the number is ways you can make someone's life a living hell. But yeah I know, most people would frown on that, oh well, don't mess with me lol!