Two cameras I hope become available

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I really like that they both have built in mics. I installed the 2.8mm 1080 last generation mini dome at one location. Although it doesn't have an ir filter, its low light capability is superb and with two cfl floods i get amazing night images without the downside of IR. The only issue i do have is that if i enable recording to the sd card then the stream to BI ghosts badly. I have the newest firmware and my i-frames are set to the same as my FPS. It is still a great camera.

c.grex

n3wb
Reaction score
I've had it open and can't see where it's got in? Dried it out and give it another go.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the update...i was going to drop the hammer and get one to test....Let us know what happens.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Woah! What about the mic holes on the front of it? Looks like a possible way in. Maybe this camera is rated wrong and is really an indoor camera?

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have 4 of those on the way to me. I love that type of IR and look forward to the 3mp. Also, would like to test out mic in an outdoor environment.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Well I hope that camera comes back to life and I surley hope this doesn't indicate a poorly sealed camera by default. That would very much suck, as I had plans to use this in six of eight outdoor channels in my setup, albeit under eaves.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
The more I look at this camera the more I'm convinced this is actually only an indoor camera. The holes in the face are what allows the built in mic to hear. They can't be sealed because of the purpose they serve. It wouldn't matter if water leached in directly. Humidity would quickly build up regardless. Either this is the problem or somehow you got a horribly sealed camera. How did you get it open to dry it out, BTW? This is an unfortunate turn of events. I like that ir style.The other style Dahua eyeballs having ir bleed in them is not only weird for the style of camera they are, but also makes my choice very tough now. I was planning to mostly avoid bullets, but bullets are what dahua is doing best these days it seems.

What could be the ultimate in this turrent style from them is a completely sealed non audio version. Maybe that's due out. In fact, if you surf aliexpress there are pictures of the camera without the mic holes. This has made me wonder recently if there are in fact two versions. Hmm.

Last edited:

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Shock, I think that's just a generic picture of that model. And I think your worrying too much. He probably received a bad camera or somthing. There are outdoor cameras with mic holes that do not allow water in. Let's just see what happens when others review this camera. Did the OP only get one camera?

c.grex

n3wb
Reaction score
The main part of the camera, the ball is split down the middle by undoing three screws on the back. The seal around the 'split' is a rubber one and seems very good and i can't see how water can get in. The mic is sealed to the front casing with what looks like silcone and the seal seems good. The casing then has two glass circulars screwed to the inside that sit in front of the lens and ir led. When open there was no water inside and just the condensation on the glass pieces. I just wiped these clean. I managed to tighten the screw on one side of the glass that sits in front of lens, and it seemed to seal a little better. I think this is where it came in.

Overall the build and seals seem really good on the camera. I have managed to fit all the cable and connection under the housing of the camera, so it looks a good install. mic seems ok with limited testing. It picks up noise within a 6 feet ok, but not much good past that. I guess it would be good installed next to a doorway etc. The IR seems to be better than my Dahua Bullet camera, picture is on a par with it. I only got the one camera.

c.grex

n3wb
Reaction score
image.jpgimage.jpg

Sorry for for the late reply. I have had the condensation issue again over the past two days and have again stripped the camera down and rechecked all the seals, again I can't see why it's letting in that little bit.

I'll give it another go for the next few days (No rain expected for 2 days) and if not I'll have to try another camera and move this to another location where I know it's not going to to the weather.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
ir seems kind of weak, but maybe its because its bouncing off the wall and adjusting to the brightness....

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Move it away from the wall and it will get better

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Right, take the wall out of the picture. As far as condensation, a camera that has a bad seal never recovers from it, ime. You should get a replacement. I have this camera coming in this week and I'll give a rundown on it too.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've got a 2.8mm on the way...im gonna test it in my shower before mounting it :)