Ukraine related: Was Ukraine Government Is Handing Out Guns To Citizens, What Happened to Gun Control?

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
Zelensky watching the destruction of Ukraine and Ukrainians .. must be especially painful to see such a poor response from the West in terms of speed to action .

The Germans especially seem to be slow in delivery of the few items they promise ..
Even I see the humour and find it hard to disagree with this Medvedev chap quoted below. They seem content with a few sound bites and munching on Putin's vol-au-vents, Weiner and spag balls rather than action.

"European fans of frogs, liverwurst and spaghetti" loved visiting Kyiv, he wrote. "With zero use." :D

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Tzar Putin's plan .. using food, oil, natural gas .. nukes .. to take what Putin wants ... don't want to give Putin what he wants? He'll let the world starve ... or nuke them .. either way ..

St Petersburg International Economic forum the following was revealed by Margarita Simonyan ( Head of Russian Propaganda arm Russian Times .. )

"I've heard it several times from different people it goes like, "All our hope is in the famine."
Here is what it means:
It means that the famine will start now, and they will lift the sanctions. and be friends with us because they will realize it's necessary."

1655944811128.png
1655944895167.png

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
Interesting articles

This highlights the importance of investigative journalism. When a countries perspective leaders are on the campaign trail they should be asked by the media

1 Do you have any balls

2 Can you grow a set.

Answer no to 1 or both and they should be put out to pasture :D

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Russia slides towards default as payment deadline expires

I have a hard time believing what I'm reading here. Maybe there's another explanation.

"...the U.S. Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) effectively blocked Moscow from making payments in late May. "
"The OFAC had issued a temporary waiver, known as a general licence 9A, in early March to allow Moscow to keep paying investors. It let it expire on May 25 as Washington tightened sanctions on Russia, effectively cutting off payments to U.S. investors and entities."

I think that it says the US Treasury did something that makes it impossible for Russia to pay the debt, even if they have the money and want to pay. Therefore they are in default. What a bunch of bull**it, from both the USA and the press!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Russia slides towards default as payment deadline expires

I have a hard time believing what I'm reading here. Maybe there's another explanation.

"...the U.S. Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) effectively blocked Moscow from making payments in late May. "
"The OFAC had issued a temporary waiver, known as a general licence 9A, in early March to allow Moscow to keep paying investors. It let it expire on May 25 as Washington tightened sanctions on Russia, effectively cutting off payments to U.S. investors and entities."

I think that it says the US Treasury did something that makes it impossible for Russia to pay the debt, even if they have the money and want to pay. Therefore they are in default. What a bunch of bull**it, from both the USA and the press!
Yes ..

The USA and Europe is now in a major economic war with Russia .. the Western world had to respond to this ..

imho .. this war should have been averted in any way possible(*) , the damage to the world is vastly higher than many realize ( Ukraine of course gets the worse of the stick.. ) .. of course there is probably a lot of secret stuff we will not know about until many many years later on this ..

( * - giving in to Russian excessive demands, would not imho be averting a war .. just increases the chances of more demands later .. and war later .. )

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
Interesting quote and line of thought in the update below.

As [Russian Foreign] Minister Shoigu told me when I was in Moscow earlier this year, 'no one can suffer like the Russians'. There’s almost a perverse pride in that suffering and I believe that is what distinguishes us and our allies from Putin’s regime – we serve our people to protect and prevent suffering while they exploit innocent people’s suffering in service of imperialist ambitions."

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
The BBC has been banging out the updates today. Looks like Finland and Sweden are joining NATO. The border Putin didn't want with NATO seems to be growing and I predict a swift response from the state media and a bit of sabre rattling to scare the populous into compliance

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Operator Starsky goes over the numbers from the OHCHR of deaths in the Ukrainian Donbas conflict prior to the Russian Special Operation..

Operator Starsky

Let’s debunk the biggest fake widely used by kremlin to justify the russian invasion in Ukraine. You hear it from russian media, you read it in the commentaries left by russian bots, but what do the official numbers say? Let’s check out the report of the OHCHR that russians themselves are often referring to.