Ukraine related: Was Ukraine Government Is Handing Out Guns To Citizens, What Happened to Gun Control?

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
A selection of articles today from the BBC

A numbers game.

Another numbers game of misappropriated computers and equipment. Ukrainian exports and Russian imports are through the roof

Food crisis

Food crisis above not Russia's fault allegedly

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Expect Russia to sue for Peace once they've taken enough of a bite out of Ukraine ..

Expect the promise of Cheaper Oil and Natural Gas to be the Russian "Siren Song" which Putin plays to keep the gains ..

On a longer term basis, giving Russia more Oil / Natural Gas and other commodities in the future from Ukraine for peace is asking for more conflicts and trouble from Russia in the future ..

N-i-k-s-o-n

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just a question of time before China asks for their old land back from Russia ..

This “tweet” of #Russian embassy to #China isn’t so welcome on Weibo
“The history of Vladivostok (literally 'Ruler of the East') is from 1860 when Russia built a military harbor.” But the city was Haishenwai as Chinese land, before Russia annexed it via unequal Treaty of Beijing.

View attachment 129677

View attachment 129680

ref:
In any country there is a certain number of supporters of revanchism.
For example, I think that some procedural errors were made in the course of the sale of Alaska by Russia, and this transaction should be declared invalid. It is also necessary to deal with the illegal occupation of the Russian fortress of Fort Ross, California, and the Russian territory around it.;)

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
I think I want some of that revanchism money too! My forefathers in the 1700's, helped arrange the escape
of more than 3000 Palatines from the endless wars foisted upon them in Europe.

Hiram Maxim as one knows, was made famous by inventing a way for "Europeans and the lot, to kill each other faster".
I seems to me, you people just can't get along and invent all kinds of reasons to slaughter each other in some of the most
inventive and imaginative ways!

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
Here's another one. I'm starting to think we're in the middle being reprogrammed, the good little bots we all are.

Russia may be in Ukraine to stay after 100 days of war
BBC article on the points you've highlighted. For me the reports are nothing new. Europe is a mixture of opinions, abilities, wants, needs and people / governments are free to express them. Macron as mentioned is particularly weak. Every time he goes "decorating" with Putin he has to wipe wall paper paste of his chin :)

He'd be the first in the queue looking for a "bail out" mind you.

edit - It's also worth noting the same is happening in Russia it's just suppressed. Whatever is happening West is also happening East. How do we know? Because we are all human

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In any country there is a certain number of supporters of revanchism.
For example, I think that some procedural errors were made in the course of the sale of Alaska by Russia, and this transaction should be declared invalid. It is also necessary to deal with the illegal occupation of the Russian fortress of Fort Ross, California, and the Russian territory around it.;)
Excellent point .. time for the Swedes ( Vikings ) to reclaim Moscow ..

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
Now which Native Americans are you referring?
Pre-Clovis, post-Clovis or post-Solutrea, just how far back are we responsible for the "sins of our fathers"?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
... as well as return the continent to the Native Americans and be held responsible for the slave trade from Africa ;)
I'd happily replace the Current USA President with a Sitting Bull, Red Cloud Powhatan, Sequoyah, Tecumseh, .. seriously would be happy to replace the top 3 leaders of the USA with Native Americans ..

Slave Trade from Africa .. however, is not the responsibility of many Americas ... remember many in the United States, and British colonies were against the slave trade - so much that a war was fought to end slavery.

Yet there are more slaves today in the world now than there were in the past ..

In fact, looks like Putin is attempting to make new slaves of his fellow Slavs .. making slaves of Ukrainians by taking away their agency and lands ...

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
The issue was States Rights. The victors and publishers in New York City,
have sold everyone that the reason for the war was slavery. How much
more distorted history has New York et.al. sold us?

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
What a contrast.

See links for coverage relating to events in UK this weekend and Russia in May.

Plot spoiler - Somebody's suffering from small man syndrome :D

UK

Russia

For your further enjoyment. Some of you may remember this the first time round lol

Last edited:

N-i-k-s-o-n

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What a contrast.

See links for coverage relating to events in UK this weekend and Russia in May.

Plot spoiler - Somebody's suffering from small man syndrome :D

UK

Russia

For your further enjoyment. Some of you may remember this the first time round lol

1. Comparison of completely different events is not clear.

2. The article correctly states that the holiday of the great victory is very important for Russia. I understand that in Western countries it is now customary to exclude the role of the USSR in the victory over Nazi Germany from history and culture, but we really have a memorial sign to the heroes who died for our country in almost every village to the west of Moscow.

3. The Russian authorities openly stated that they would not adjust their actions to certain dates, but some unknown analysts know everything better. Oh well.

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score

2. The article correctly states that the holiday of the great victory is very important for Russia. I understand that in Western countries it is now customary to exclude the role of the USSR in the victory over Nazi Germany from history and culture, but we really have a memorial sign to the heroes who died for our country in almost every village to the west of Moscow.

3. The Russian authorities openly stated that they would not adjust their actions to certain dates, but some unknown analysts know everything better. Oh well.
1. What is abundantly clear is that free society rejoices and celebrates life while Russia's state driven inferiority complex is ever present, ever deepening and ever evolving. The Queen is having tea with Paddington Bear while your God, like a moth to a flame, is going to have to go to China with a begging bowl :D

2. The West is well aware of the role Russia played in the war and its sacrifices / losses. The rest of your thinking is a result of the Russian state driven inferiority complex mentioned above.

3. Russia's dates have slid and continue to slide due to incompetence, predictability and low morale to name but a few reasons. Oh well :D

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Actually, in the West there is far more awareness about Soviet Union's ( not just Russia ) contributions to victory over Nazi Germany.

However, there is extremely very little mention with regards to Soviet Union's action to start WWII by partnering with Nazi Germany to split Europe between the two of them.

In fact, US WWII history and videos white washed a lot of the action Soviet Union played as an accomplice.

The truth is that Soviet Union and Nazi Germany were equal in responsibilities in the Invasion of independent European states between the 2 of them ..

So it is really hard for me to imagine Russia wanting the glory without the responsibility of starting WWII in Europe ..

1654544685486.png

1654544711175.png

1654545396257.png

Last edited:

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
Actually, in the West there is far more awareness about Soviet Union's ( not just Russia ) contributions to victory over Nazi Germany.

However, there is extremely very little mention with regards to Soviet Union's action to start WWII by partnering with Nazi Germany to split Europe between the two of them.

In fact, US WWII history and videos white washed a lot of the action Soviet Union played as an accomplice.

The truth is that Soviet Union and Nazi Germany were equal in responsibilities in the Invasion of independent European states between the 2 of them ..

So it is really hard for me to imagine Russia wanting the glory without the responsibility of starting WWII in Europe ..

View attachment 130009

View attachment 130010

View attachment 130011
Like yourself I'm not buying it. Russia would like to rewrite history with the narrative that it was only them that defeated the nazis. It's convenient to forget there was an eastern front, campaign's in Africa, Italy etc where there was also huge losses on all sides.

The rewriting of history along with manipulation of the present is a part of special operation "project fear" and sadly rather than learn from history / mistakes they are determined to repeat them.

All our countries suffered but we don't feel the need to flash our missiles to the public :D

BTW the Nazi eradication thing didn't work out too well look at these guys were farting and cracking jokes inbetween ethnic cleansing in Moscow.

I'm sure we've seen something similar to their emblem before and hoped never to see it again

Attachments

Last edited: