Ukraine related: Was Ukraine Government Is Handing Out Guns To Citizens, What Happened to Gun Control?

N-i-k-s-o-n

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The Geneva Conventions declare that mercenaries are not recognized as lawful combatants and do not need to be afforded the same legal protections as captured members of the regular army.

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
The Geneva Conventions declare that mercenaries are not recognized as lawful combatants and do not need to be afforded the same legal protections as captured members of the regular army.
I would suggest you have another read.

"Both British men are serving members of Ukraine’s armed forces and the UK has made clear they are prisoners of war entitled to immunity and should not face prosecution for taking part in hostilities."

Is Zyklon B preferable to carbon monoxide these days or have things moved on. We are so out of touch in the UK

Last edited:

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Russia's Oil Revenue Soars Despite Sanctions, Study Finds

"..Russia’s revenues from fossil fuels, by far its biggest export, soared to records in the first 100 days of its war on Ukraine, driven by a windfall from oil sales amid surging prices.."

If this is true, it would seem that Biden driving up oil prices and the sanctions have only served to hurt the USA and European economies, while not hurting the Russian economy. Nice job, you brilliant politicians! The ruble is still cookin' strongly along against the dollar.

N-i-k-s-o-n

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

"..Russia’s revenues from fossil fuels, by far its biggest export, soared to records in the first 100 days of its war on Ukraine, driven by a windfall from oil sales amid surging prices.."

If this is true, it would seem that Biden driving up oil prices and the sanctions have only served to hurt the USA and European economies, while not hurting the Russian economy. Nice job, you brilliant politicians! The ruble is still cookin' strongly along against the dollar.
What’s at risk due to Russia’s nuclear power dominance?

Here is another interesting article.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I want to repeat that I take all this in with the attitude that maybe it's true, maybe it's not. If this article correct, it strikes me that in addition to the USA selling itself to China, it has also sold itself to Russia. Just coincidentally the two biggest communist countries. I'm not smart enough to know if the clinton/obama Uranium One deal plays into what's raised by this article. There's a lot of disagreement if the Uranium One sale was corrupt or not, but if it wasn't corrupt, it certainly was boneheaded and worked against USA interests.

Here's a rebuttal I just found on another forum:
My recently retired brother, a nuclear reactor operator trainer / contractor. Would not buy the above script.
The US is sitting on the largest stockpile of spent fuel rods that can be reprocessed a brought back into service.
France reprocesses their spent rods and more Nuclear Power countries except the US are getting into the recycling.
The average fuel rod is replaced every 12-24 mos. Most Cos. replace 1/4 to 1/3 of their rods yearly.

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Putin the Great .. history will tell how this plays out ..

1655182087247.png

Perhaps the story will end like that of Nicholas II and family in the the Ipatiev house

1655182290913.png

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score

That article reads to me like one big advertisement. Especially the ending

“Then we’ll be able to cut off Russians from much of their financing, and almost immediately,” he said.

With that in mind see the following recipe from the freedom fighters cookbook

Step 1 Take hundreds maybe thousands of miles of gas and oil infrastructure.

Step 2 Marinade with some Russian separatists with readily available equipment.

Step 3 Add plausible deniability

Step 4 Sprinkle on a little motivation and a hint of thinking.

Step 5 Bring to boil.

Repeat as necessary. Ensure thoroughly cooked throughout.

Bon appetit :D

Edited to show map below.

1655225958330.png

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Russia .. not looking good when you have to put butter in special anti-theft packages on the shelves ..

1655268213126.png

So 419 rubles / 61 ( rubles per $1) = $6.80 per butter package .. not good for Russians who earn typically about 1/2 of what Americans do ..

( the YT video uses 57 rubles to $1 exchange rate and then 2x the price to give USA Americans and idea of the actual relative cost ..

ref:

N-i-k-s-o-n

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Russia .. not looking good when you have to put butter in special anti-theft packages on the shelves ..

View attachment 130767

So 419 rubles / 61 ( rubles per $1) = $6.80 per butter package .. not good for Russians who earn typically about 1/2 of what Americans do ..

( the YT video uses 57 rubles to $1 exchange rate and then 2x the price to give USA Americans and idea of the actual relative cost ..

ref:
Thanks, I've watched this video.

1. Indeed, food prices are rising, something unpleasant. However, the video shows a mid-range store. We have many cheaper shops. For example, if an onion costs about $0.9 here, then in a cheap store it costs $0.7 per kilogram.
2. In recent years, foreign companies have made huge investments in Russia. And they understand that, firstly, if they leave the Russian market, it will be difficult to come back. Their place will be taken by companies from China or Turkey. Secondly, the Russian government will not allow just locking up factories and laying off people. These factories will be nationalized and transferred to other companies.
In addition, the high sales volumes of Western companies are due to gigantic advertising budgets, and not to the outstanding consumer qualities of the goods. For example, Gilette products are advertised at all possible sports competitions, but cheaper razors do their job just as well. Thus, the departure of Western companies is a chance for Russian and other manufacturers to seriously increase their volumes.
3. Russia has been a leader in grain exports for many years, so the opinion that the low price of bread is due to
4. The position of Western countries is as hypocritical as possible. Let's deprive Russian pads, washing powder and baby food, but at the same time increase the import of Russian fertilizers, oil, grain, etc.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks, I've watched this video.

1. Indeed, food prices are rising, something unpleasant. However, the video shows a mid-range store. We have many cheaper shops. For example, if an onion costs about $0.9 here, then in a cheap store it costs $0.7 per kilogram.
2. In recent years, foreign companies have made huge investments in Russia. And they understand that, firstly, if they leave the Russian market, it will be difficult to come back. Their place will be taken by companies from China or Turkey. Secondly, the Russian government will not allow just locking up factories and laying off people. These factories will be nationalized and transferred to other companies.
In addition, the high sales volumes of Western companies are due to gigantic advertising budgets, and not to the outstanding consumer qualities of the goods. For example, Gilette products are advertised at all possible sports competitions, but cheaper razors do their job just as well. Thus, the departure of Western companies is a chance for Russian and other manufacturers to seriously increase their volumes.
3. Russia has been a leader in grain exports for many years, so the opinion that the low price of bread is due to
4. The position of Western countries is as hypocritical as possible. Let's deprive Russian pads, washing powder and baby food, but at the same time increase the import of Russian fertilizers, oil, grain, etc.
Hi @N-i-k-s-o-n

Good videos from that original YT channel .. seen a number of other decent YT channels.

In the USA we think most in leadership positions are hypocrites .. in fact I see that for many of those in Power .. Canada Turdeau is a good example, more in UK and Australia ..

I am certain in Russia you see them also in leadership positions .. the difference is we can ( still ) say and post online how we feel about it .. ( those in Power are attempting to stop us with claims to fight "fake news" ).

Each and every political system, economic system - is prone to abuse by those in power -> this is why there needs to be excessive checks and balances .. this is why in the USA many of us support what we call the "1st" and "2nd" amendments .. as well as the others, and the separation of powers in government.

Better to have an inefficient political system than one prone to excessive abuse.

Honestly, most of Europe and the USA would be happy to have a Pre-Feb 2022 situation in Russia and Ukraine. Most of us like to have good relations and trade with Russia and want to see Russians actually do well.

The problem is that Wars in Europe ( example WWI WWII ) have really hurt the entire world, and we do not want that again .. Putin seems to feel differently.

Putin = WAR is OK ...

In fact Putin already preparing the Russia public for War in the Baltics .. this will become WWIII ..

remember, WWII and WWI Russia / Soviet Union played a major part to start ..

remember how those wars devastated the Russian Empire and Soviet People ..

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
BBC article report and other links below

17:33 Russia says death sentences given to Britons are a 'clear example to soldiers of fortune'

As far as i can see there's only 1 logical explanation for what's unfolding - In defining its rules of engagement the Russian regime is advocating for similar treatment on its respective combatants. These soldiers of fortune obviously include Syrian, Chechen and the Nazi Wagner group engaged in the on going ethnic cleansing.

Maybe when Putin said he wanted to de -nazify he really was serious and is starting closer to home. Just the morale booster his troops needed :D

I notice the skull is likely a variation is the ss deaths head

BBC article.

Reaction score
Where TF is the 44 billion dollars we 'gave' to Ukraine? Well, I mean, at least half of it padded the pockets or our and other politicians, I'm sure. So where is the other 22 billion dollars at?

That and 'F**k Putin' sentiments. None of this had to happen. None of it. Little man's ego.

1655463596868.png

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The expression on President Volodymyr Zelenskyy's face! :blankstare:

View attachment 131033
Zelensky watching the destruction of Ukraine and Ukrainians .. must be especially painful to see such a poor response from the West in terms of speed to action ..

The Germans especially seem to be slow in delivery of the few items they promise ..