Ukraine related: Was Ukraine Government Is Handing Out Guns To Citizens, What Happened to Gun Control?

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
( actually this war is very horrific .. Putin and his allies need to go on trial imho .. )
100% agree. The problem is getting him and his cronies so I think the Russian people are best place to deal with this. By all accounts a sizeable "army" has already fled the country in fear were as they should stay and fight the enemy within encouraging others to do the same. Apart from the prisons not being big enough it takes a huge amount of administration, personnel and other resources to deal with this.

I am encouraged though by events this evening. Today in Russia it was ment to be a day of celebration, a show of strength and unity culminating in a concert of brainwashing and a recital of paranoia to the population. I watched a little of the live coverage on YouTube and have never seen a crowd of about 20,000 people more subdued, flat and unmotivated. Filmed close to the stage with large gaps everywhere, occasionally zooming out to reveal an underwhelming audience. There was little cheering or flag waving for the supremacists on stage.

Links below and report from the BBC reasoning why the concert was more like a black mass than celebration.

Real freedom and real crowds can be seen below. All achieved without fear, paranoia, prison sentences and the threat of nuclear bombs :)

If you would like to skip the pageantry skip to about 2 min mark where you can see Anglo Saxons and every other race and religious denomination under Sun party

Last edited:

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
The news is varied today on the BBC. Sadly reports of another attack on civilians Main link to webpage and snippets of articles below.

14:48 - Lyman offensive a "considerable success" - Ukraine defence advisor

" A Russian grouping of some 5,000 soldiers has been given the chance to surrender, claiming those fighters will be "treated better" as prisoners of war than they will be by Russia's military leadership.
He adds that "all the necessary measures" will be in place to allow any soldier who lays down his arms to be marshalled out of the embattled town. "

14:30 - Ukraine won't negotiate with "those who dance on bones"

A Ukrainian presidential adviser has rejected the latest call from Russian President Vladimir Putin for Kyiv to return to the negotiating table - saying there is no point in holding talks with those who "dance on bones".

14:11 - IAEA confirms Russian detention of nuclear plant chief

The Russians were allegedly trying to force Murashov to let the nuclear power plant be handed over to Russian state nuclear agency Rosatom.

13:40 - Gazprom suspends all deliveries to Italy

13:16 - New pipeline starts pumping gas to Europe

Gas has begun flowing down a new pipeline from Norway to Poland that will give central and eastern Europe another alternative option to Russian energy.
--------
Polish Prime Minister, Mateusz Morawiecki, said the opening of the new link marked the end of Russia’s domination and blackmail in Poland’s gas market.

12:23 - New deadly attack reported on civilian convoy

As many as 20 people were killed when a civilian convoy was shelled by Russian troops in Ukraine's north-eastern Kharkiv region, a top local official says, citing preliminary information.
Oleh Synehubov says the attack happened in the town of Kupiansk, close to the Russian border. He did not specify when exactly it happened "The occupiers attacked civilians who tried to escape from the shelling. This is cruelty that has no justification," Synehubov wrote in a post on social media. The reported attack has not been independently verified.

On Friday, 30 people died when Russian rockets hit a civilian convoy in the southern Zaporizhzhia region, local officials said. Russia blamed Ukraine for that attack.

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
I have to say I'm particularly enjoying the news coming from Lyman. Reading between the lines of the Russian statement i think these guys fled and ran away. in war running away is not the same as surrender. Your enemy can stop a hundred years away and fire back or stop a mile away and give you some artillery. Psychologically now is the time to be ruthless. The choice given should be a white flag and surrender or face what could be the ultimate consequences.

Assurances have been given that those fighters will be "treated better" as prisoners of war than they will be by Russia's military leadership. ( see my post above )

Most fighters will make the right decision saving lives.

Time to withdraw. Winter is coming :)

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
Some maths for thought.

Yesterday was set to be a big day with big announcements, a big show of solidarity and a big concert featuring big extremists spouting big lies and big propaganda. But what happened....

From what I've seen of the concert I'm guessing 20,000 ( I'm being generous but make your own up ) was in attendance so

20,000/145,000,000*100 = 0.0138 % of the population were motivated to attend ( either willing, paid or otherwise ). In other words a complete disaster.

The dictators tail is wagging the Russian dog. Putin is losing at home and abroad.

Winter is coming :)

Last edited:

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score