US Elections (& Politics) :)

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Kind of like the Mayor of Portland saying she has things under control and it's just protests, that now include arson.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Federal judge's son shot and killed, husband injured in attack at their NJ home (just assigned to Epstein bank case)

The husband and son of a federal judge in Newark, New Jersey, Esther Salas, have been shot, Middlesex County Prosecutor Yolanda Ciccone told ABC News. The judge’s son is dead, according to law enforcement sources. The condition of husband was not immediately known. Judge Salas, the first Latina to serve on the federal bench in New Jersey, was not hurt.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Federal judge's son shot and killed, husband injured in attack at their NJ home (just assigned to Epstein bank case)

The husband and son of a federal judge in Newark, New Jersey, Esther Salas, have been shot, Middlesex County Prosecutor Yolanda Ciccone told ABC News. The judge’s son is dead, according to law enforcement sources. The condition of husband was not immediately known. Judge Salas, the first Latina to serve on the federal bench in New Jersey, was not hurt.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, sounds like he was an attorney that had a case before her about ten years ago. Doesn't make sense to me after all that time for him to try to kill her but I guess rage can build and, if his life/career went downhill after that case....

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, sounds like he was an attorney that had a case before her about ten years ago. Doesn't make sense to me after all that time for him to try to kill her but I guess rage can build and, if his life/career went downhill after that case....
And, some people are under additional stress due to Covid-19

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I think everyone is under stress from the CCP Virus, whether you realize, or admit, to it or not. The amount of uncertainty from what preventative measures to take to whether or not the economy will survive are enough to drive a sane person nuts.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Doesn't make sense to me after all that time for him to try to kill her
Ok, try and kill her and fail. Why run if you did not do the job and then kill yourself. Why not just stay there and finish it. If your intention was to kill yourself after, why run at all?

Of course, normal people do not understand the minds of criminals. Probably can't understand them at all. They do not think like the rest of us.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
This story shows the bias in the Associated Press. People are not treated equally by the AP.

AP says it will capitalize Black but not white

NEW YORK (AP) — After changing its usage rules last month to capitalize the word “Black” when used in the context of race and culture, The Associated Press on Monday said it would not do the same for “white.”

The AP said white people in general have much less shared history and culture, and don’t have the experience of being discriminated against because of skin color.

“We agree that white people’s skin color plays into systemic inequalities and injustices, and we want our journalism to robustly explore these problems,” John Daniszewski, the AP’s vice president for standards, said in a memo to staff Monday. “But capitalizing the term white, as is done by white supremacists, risks subtly conveying legitimacy to such beliefs.”

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
NEW YORK (AP) — After changing its usage rules last month to capitalize the word “Black” when used in the context of race and culture, The Associated Press on Monday said it would not do the same for “white.”
Yeah, there's a term for this, AP. It's called racism. Unreal.