VTO2000A new V4 firmware

Stannyboy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi!
Anybody know WHY reset VTO3211D? May be cgi hooks? I tried all variants by TTFT reset, but nothing...

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
WHY reset VTO? Euhm, because it is not working? Because it is crashing?

I think you wanted to know HOW and not WHY :p

Erik2b1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

i have a problem with a VT2000a. I want to receive push messages in the DMSS App. I tried tons of things but it's not working. The VTO is online and working. It's also connect to a NVR and I see a video stream.
When I add the VTO to my DMSS app I can connect and see video. I think it's a firmware issue, after upgrading the NVR I also had to upgrade the firmware of the VTO because it wouldn't connect.

the firmware version is have:

Software Version: 2019-03-05 V4.300.0000000.1.R
MCU Version: 2014-03-07 V255

I'm not using SIP or a VTH display. Resetting to default, not working.

can someone point to the right direction?

thanks
Erik

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello Holland :)
"It is not working" does not describe what you are trying to do. Did it work before your firmware upgrade? Can you try the "old" iDMSS/gDMSS app? If you subscribe to the doorbells alarm system, does that "stick" or automatically jumps to disabled state?
Are your push notifications from your NVR working?
All good questions!
Looking forward & succes!
CC

Erik2b1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Holland :)
"It is not working" does not describe what you are trying to do. Did it work before your firmware upgrade? Can you try the "old" iDMSS/gDMSS app? If you subscribe to the doorbells alarm system, does that "stick" or automatically jumps to disabled state?
Are your push notifications from your NVR working?
All good questions!
Looking forward & succes!
CC
Hi CC,

Sorry hoped that it was all clear lol. if you push the button there is no push to the App. Old app is also not working (never got it working with that one, have a other VTO2111 and that one didn't work as well with the old App) In the new app I can set the alarm with no problem, it's on. No It didn't work with a different firmware before. it's a mystery what I hope to solve. System is been a challenge since the beginning ;-) There was a Polish self build Firmware on it and that didn't work with the V4 version of the NVR. So I flashed it with about 3 different version and this one was the only one working with the NVR.

Sorry I don't understand what you mean with push notifications from the NVR. I have no push messages from the NVR Set.What is the fastest way to set them?

Thanks
Greetings Erik

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi Erik,

Which NVR do you have? One with IVS for example? If so, the easiest way is to add an IVS rule, and link that IVS rule to your DMSS app. If you see those events coming through, then you (at least) know there is nothing wrong with your network. If these NVR push notifications are not coming through either, you might have them blocked in your internet router/firewall. It is a wise thing to "block" internet access from your NVR, however if you want push notifications (or email), you do need some outbound access.

Regarding firewall: I got a VTO2000A, and to my knowledge, that firmware is not compatible at all with your VTO2111. Now, did you try to fully factory reset the VTO (there is a burglar/thief button to the back I guess - it is with the VTO2000 - which you need to push 5-10 times until you hear a "bibiep" between the alarm chirpings. Then you have an empty empty VTO with every setting defaulted.

My suggestion: VTO is very stubborn to debug, start with the NVR, and see if that works. Then we work from there.

Succes!
CC

Erik2b1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Erik,

Which NVR do you have? One with IVS for example? If so, the easiest way is to add an IVS rule, and link that IVS rule to your DMSS app. If you see those events coming through, then you (at least) know there is nothing wrong with your network. If these NVR push notifications are not coming through either, you might have them blocked in your internet router/firewall. It is a wise thing to "block" internet access from your NVR, however if you want push notifications (or email), you do need some outbound access.

Regarding firewall: I got a VTO2000A, and to my knowledge, that firmware is not compatible at all with your VTO2111. Now, did you try to fully factory reset the VTO (there is a burglar/thief button to the back I guess - it is with the VTO2000 - which you need to push 5-10 times until you hear a "bibiep" between the alarm chirpings. Then you have an empty empty VTO with every setting defaulted.

My suggestion: VTO is very stubborn to debug, start with the NVR, and see if that works. Then we work from there.

Succes!
CC
Hi CC,

the NVR is the NVR4104-P-4KS2 and I did a simple motion detection and that worked with no problem, no router changes or so. got a alarm after a few seconds.

I didn't use the firmware for the VTO2111 that's a different story ;-) that one is working. it just the VTO2000A that's being a pain in the *ss. I did several factory resets. even reset -> reflash FW -> Factory reset -> simple config, IP, Gateway and User. Boxes are ticked for Push messages.

In DMSS I can connect to the VTO, see Video and start a voice stream. Just pushing the button does not sent a push message.

Sorry for the jumps (lost in translation. Mind and English sometimes goes wrong lol)

Thanks again

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi @Erik2b1: ok, good to see that push notifications work with your NVR.

You said you did factory resets, did you do the reset like I described with the burglar alarm? It requires some physical activity: take the VTO from your wall, and let the alarm buzz/chirp. Do NOT unplug the ethernet cord. Now press that small "bar button" on the (burglar/theft detection: if you press it in, the device thinks it is still mounted, so stops chirping), release and press and release and you do this 5-10 times. In between these chips, you hear a small double biep (bibip). Then you can hook your device back to the wall.
What I would do then, is only set the IP address to the correct one (through configtool), and you don't change anything YET (so don't hook up the NVR). Then add the VTO in your DMSS app and look if notifications work.
Good luck!
CC

Erik2b1

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes I already tried that, but didn't check if it works then.

I'll trie that, but I have to go there to do it. will be Friday at the earliest.

Thanks so far, but what's you oppinion about the firmware that is used?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
I think I'm even on an older version than yours: STAP 2 - General_VTOXXX-data_Eng_P_16M_PART_V3.120.0000000.1.T.20180309, only my VTH is upgraded to a version 4 (to have nicer screen layouts).

Erik2b1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hmm Ok, i also had sent a message to @EMPIRETECANDY and he told me that this is the latest General_VTO2000A-MCU_Slave_V3.001.0000001.1.R.20190505.zip But I'm a little bit scared to install it as soon as I have found it. I already bricked it once ;-)

Let's try first the reset and then move forward

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmm Ok, i also had sent a message to @EMPIRETECANDY and he told me that this is the latest General_VTO2000A-MCU_Slave_V3.001.0000001.1.R.20190505.zip But I'm a little bit scared to install it as soon as I have found it. I already bricked it once ;-)

Let's try first the reset and then move forward
Good idea :) Good luck in ieder geval! :D
CC

Erik2b1

n3wb
Reaction score
No, luck :-( have installed the version that I received from Andy. I think something is F*cked up in the system. pressing temper switch on the back doesn't reset the device. a reset from the VDP software doesn't trigger also a full reset.

Pressing the call button doesn't sent a signal as it looks like (no message calling now) Think that the problem is in de MCU. But I can't find a MCU file (or looking a the wrong place) mine is a 2014 version. and is see here people with newer version.

Do you have a MCU file set @catcamstar or @EMPIRETECANDY It's a singel device with no VTH attached.

Erik2b1

n3wb
Reaction score
Got it working! took some time but it's working. Installed a new MCU file from a link found on this forum and the v4 sip version firmware. It now works.

Thanks so far!

society_nl

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello for help,

I have the VTO2000a-2 (gen1) with General_VTO2000A-2_EngHgrBulSvnPolFinCzhSvk_P_16M_V3.120.1026000.0.R.20180620 firmware.

Is it possible to add DUTCH language to to the firmware??

Hope for help!

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi from belgium,

I got my hands on General_VTO2000A-C-2-data_EngDthFrnGerItlPorSpa_P_32M_PART_V4.000.0000002.0.R.20190304.bin from back in the days, the title suggests it has dutch in it, however I never "dared" to flash it, as I really like the smile on the face on my visitors when the chinese girl whops her "CÂLLINK NOW" out of the speakers :)
If you want that file, let me know.
CC

sickid

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone

does anyone know if the V4.X firmware of VTO2000A supports Dahua's HTTP API as previous firmware versions did?