What dash cam are you using?

Reaction score
Great information thanks. Yeah i will be purchasing in the viofo or think ware area from videos i have seen.
Viofo have a good forum, im in contact with the product manager a lot. Viofo is same company effectively as Gitup

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The dual dash cam is worth it in my opinion. Just the other day someone ran into the back of one of my vehicles. I have a great video of them not looking ahead, their shock at the impact, then fleeing the scene of the accident. Video on its way to the police.
Some guy rear-ended Mrs. Q. I told her to call the police who promptly arrived at the scene of the accident. The driver who hit her claimed that the damage to her rear bumper was pre-existing, and the police supported him...until I arrived and suggested that the officer go back to Sherlock Holmes University because there was a clear imprint of the guy's license plate in Mrs. Q's bumper. thumbs smiley20.gif

Prius_Rear_Bumper_IMG_3618.jpg

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
And none received.
I had a good chuckle over your astute observation.
And presumably the red face of the officer in question.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm surprised they caved so easily. Over here they'd have made you exchange details in any event, in fact it's an offence over here not to provide details.

Something worth remembering, even a forward facing camera with audio will record the sound of a rear impact and probably the jolt visually as well. Very useful to remember if the other guy claims not to have hit you.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Grabbed the Viofo A129 duo + and really like it so far. Got it for 130 on black friday- nice deal. Got their cpl filter too- must have, much improved on windshield glare.

RobF

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the Rove R2-4k. I have never owned a dashcam and really wasn't in tune with what to buy. Ordered the R2-4k on Black Friday for xmas. Installed it a few days after and am in love with the video quality. Really wish it offered a rear facing cam BUT not a deal breaker. Fast forward to Feb 12. Coming back to work from lunch and dodged a bullet! I had green left turn arrows and elderly gentleman ran the red light. My co-worker behind me, not as lucky although could have been MUCH worse! Everyone was ok.

running the red light.JPG

IMG_20210212_131141587_HDR.jpg

Garypsu

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the low priced TBI Pro from Amazon. It works quite well. The 60fps at 1080P is why I bought it.

tcar999

n3wb
Reaction score
I run a Transcend Drivepro 520. I actually have 2 of these and they have both worked well for a couple years. I started running one when I used to be an Uber driver. Had an accident and because I had the footage of the other driver running the red light had almost no problems with getting my claim settled quickly.

Reaction score
I need one for a golf cart. it has no windshield so it has to be rugged, front and rear facing and with a gps. my dog takes it trail riding so it has to be sturdy enough to stand up to that abuse

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I think a used Go Pro off eBay should suit you well for this purpose :)

I need one for a golf cart. it has no windshield so it has to be rugged, front and rear facing and with a gps. my dog takes it trail riding so it has to be sturdy enough to stand up to that abuse

Reaction score
I think a used Go Pro off eBay should suit you well for this purpose :)
I wanted one that was auto start as sometimes there is no time to fiddle with starting a gopro, like when my neighbor's horses were lose and we were helping them catch them. did you know a barrel racing horse can make a much quicker uturn than a golf cart doing 30 miles per hour? looking up at the smile on my Dog's face as were carrerned across my neighbors lawn on two wheels was priceless.

Reaction score
I wanted one that was auto start as sometimes there is no time to fiddle with starting a gopro, like when my neighbor's horses were lose and we were helping them catch them. did you know a barrel racing horse can make a much quicker uturn than a golf cart doing 30 miles per hour? looking up at the smile on my Dog's face as were carrerned across my neighbors lawn on two wheels was priceless.
Git 3 has rugged case with pass through socket available, can do rear facing OR GPS but not both using standard accesories, there might be a combined camera and gps but it may not have ever made it in to full production

it has auto start and loop so full dashcam features, untill I changed to the GitF1 i used the G3 for several years as my main dashcam

runs fine on battery bank as well.

Reaction score
Git 3 has rugged case with pass through socket available, can do rear facing OR GPS but not both using standard accesories, there might be a combined camera and gps but it may not have ever made it in to full production

it has auto start and loop so full dashcam features, untill I changed to the GitF1 i used the G3 for several years as my main dashcam

runs fine on battery bank as well.
do you have a link to the camera?

Reaction score
do you have a link to the camera?

Its heavily discussed on the dashcamtalk forum and rcgroups forum as well

gps is good, makes geocoded videos that show in dashcam viewer software

slave camera is only 2mp, when 2 cameras video is 1080, otherwise 2160p

has motion detection and is tinycam app supported.