Why is Hikvision US Firmware so behind the European website

baggy123

n3wb
Reaction score
Evening all,

I have a DS-2CD2685FWD-IZS which I purchased late last year from B&H. Current firmware is V5.5.61 build 180718 with no update on the USA website.. I did a quick google and found V.5.6.1 Build 190604 on the European Hikvision website.. Why the difference and is this safe?

Thanks in advance!

Baggy

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Why the difference and is this safe?
Hikvision have multiple sites that publish firmware and other product data and show little consistency over what the various national organisations do.
Whether it's safe depends on the origin of your camera.
A Chinese camera will be bricked when applying EN/ML firmware from any source.

dealpapa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Why is Hikvision head office Firmware so behind the European website

baggy123

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for thee replies everyone.. I do have an issue with auto-focus hence wanting to upgrade. It's my understanding that B&H Photo are authorized HikVison dealers and therefore are US Genuine?

Thanks again!
Baggy

fullboogie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, B&H is an authorized US dealer. I bought all my equipment from them. Great place to deal with.

cutterman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for thee replies everyone.. I do have an issue with auto-focus hence wanting to upgrade. It's my understanding that B&H Photo are authorized HikVison dealers and therefore are US Genuine?

Thanks again!
Baggy
Interesting I have purchased a few cameras from B and H and 3 have been out of focus. Have had better luck on AliExpress. Agree they have excellent service though

baggy123

n3wb
Reaction score
Hav
Interesting I have purchased a few cameras from B and H and 3 have been out of focus. Have had better luck on AliExpress. Agree they have excellent service though
Have you managed to fix or did you need to manually adjust?

cutterman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Returned them. In 2 the imaging plane seemed misaligned with the lens- only part of the image was out of focus.