Will Dahua/Hikvision etc. make a 180 degree camera with IR?

Janddy

n3wb
Reaction score
I want to buy a 180 degree camera for my backyard, but there is no ambient light and I don't really want to leave LED's on all night (we already get lots of bugs and spiders without lights on).
But all the 180 degree cameras I see recommended with good size sensors, ONVIF support, good substreams etc. don't have IR capability.
I know these 180 degree cameras are still kind of new. Is it just a matter of time until they release new models with IR, or is there a reason they aren't making them with IR?
I know nobody has a crystal ball, but I'm very new to IP cameras and just thought some people on here might have some insight or heard rumours about new models with IR in the works.
Just trying to decide If I should wait for new models or run two ethernet cables to mount two 5442 cameras instead (or risk it with the LED's I guess).
Thanks

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score

Janddy

n3wb
Reaction score
There are several versions from Dahua/Hikvision. But they have their price.

Wow not sure how I missed that. Thanks. But yeah that's a bit out of my budget!

Thanks, that camera looks pretty ideal at first glance! I'll look into it some more and read the full thread a bit later. But the price is reasonable - not as cheap as the slickdeals offer but it looks like I can get it from their website for less than the IPC-Color4K-T180 which doesn't have IR.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
If you decide to pull the trigger on this, make sure you check out the Annke version of the same camera (they're both discussed in that thread). The two are close enough (I own both) that I'd call it a tie between them. So, go for the lower priced one at the time you decide to buy one.

mooch91

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is a question I have too. I'm not an enthusiast in the camera space, installed a system a couple of years back and haven't done much in the way of upgrade. But I woke up one morning recently and said - "I'd love to get more coverage with my existing system, I wonder if someone makes something that gets me a wider and taller FOV than the Dahua turrets I currently have". I found a few - the Dahua dual lens turret, the Hik/Annke dual-lens turret, etc., but they all have shortfalls. I am surprised that IR is not a prime requirement for most; I live in a rural setting and think the LEDs would be problematic and would prefer IR.

I did like the Annke FCD600 - which has LED and IR - and a 180 deg wide and 81 deg tall FOV, but it's such an odd shape that I can't figure out how to cleanly mount it. It seemed to be the best balance of all of my requirements. The Dahua IPC-Color4K-T180 doesn't have IR and doesn't have a tall FOV, but it was my second consideration.

Still looking...

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Annke continues to offer the FDC600 for $79.99. For overview they are fantastic. In my rural setting, I have 5 of them in bullet and turret models and prefer the looks of the turret myself. I only run 1 in color/LED at night which doubles as a night light but the distance to identify activity is limited to about 15 yards where in IR mode the distance is more in line with most standard IR cameras.
I suggest to anyone who wants to buy Annke products in the US to do so from annke(dot)com and NOT through sources like Alibaba.

mooch91

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Annke continues to offer the FDC600 for $79.99. For overview they are fantastic. In my rural setting, I have 5 of them in bullet and turret models and prefer the looks of the turret myself. I only run 1 in color/LED at night which doubles as a night light but the distance to identify activity is limited to about 15 yards where in IR mode the distance is more in line with most standard IR cameras.
I suggest to anyone who wants to buy Annke products in the US to do so from annke(dot)com and NOT through sources like Alibaba.
Can I ask - how did you mount them?

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The turrets come with a flat mounting plate which you mount either horizontally or vertically under soffit then the camera "clips" onto the plate. My wiring is fed inside the structures via a 1 inch hole.
Here is a photo snatched from a YouTube video
annke mount.JPG

mooch91

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The turrets come with a flat mounting plate which you mount either horizontally or vertically under soffit then the camera "clips" onto the plate. My wiring is fed inside the structures via a 1 inch hole.
Here is a photo snatched from a YouTube video
View attachment 186320
Thanks. So you are mounting direct to soffit and not feeding that wiring through a waterproof junction box? I was hoping to mount that plate to an existing junction box, but it doesn't line up properly at all.

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yep, these will not fit any standard box. Maybe you could use one of the blank box plates and modify it to the Annke mounting plate.