Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-HDW5849H-ASE-LED / IPC-Color4K-T - 2.8mm Turret

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
All these cameras are small computers. Just like learning how software works just takes OJT!
You are going to have to learn by doing. As the settings for a country/suburban environment
or low light, will not be close to the settings in an urban high ambient light area.

Have fun learning!!

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
Getting this KILLER camera dialed in is quite astounding! Thanks to @Wildcat_1 for the work on the up-grade.
My Day time shot shows a high tension line about 1 KM away. Magnify the tower and one may see the power lines too!
Then the night w/ the LED @4 out of %100. See the Big Dipper?

Attachments

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Darn it, I might need to just go ahead and replace the junction box and get this over with.

Going forward, make sure all of your mounts are PFA130e. Remember this box came out in 2019, so it’s understandable for folks that have the older boxes installed.

Gotta keep up with the improvements in sensor technology

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks! @Wildcat_1 (dalao)great work, i will get this firmware release and post here for update on Monday.
Hahah thanks Andy. Yes Dahua has kindly given me the nickname Dalao after the hard work on the FW :) Will have to add to my profile :)
Getting this KILLER camera dialed in is quite astounding! Thanks to @Wildcat_1 for the work on the up-grade.
My Day time shot shows a high tension line about 1 KM away. Magnify the tower and one may see the power lines too!
Then the night w/ the LED @4 out of %100. See the Big Dipper?
glad you like it @garycrist. It was a lot of work but glad Dahua followed my recommendations, changes and updates to code as I think this FW now really catapults this camera forward.

blargh

n3wb
Reaction score
I received my first IPC-color4kT-2.8 Andy on tuesday, and am curious to how upgrades go? I assume I should stick with the custom firmwares, but how are those posted/downloaded? I notice an update button in one of the menus, does that check for the proper firmware? Or do I just wait to see a post here/somewhere else to download and manually update the camera? TIA!

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
I received my first IPC-color4kT-2.8 Andy on tuesday, and am curious to how upgrades go? I assume I should stick with the custom firmwares, but how are those posted/downloaded? I notice an update button in one of the menus, does that check for the proper firmware? Or do I just wait to see a post here/somewhere else to download and manually update the camera? TIA!
You can either use Dahua standard firmware or the more newly updated ones (with the features, improvements and changes that I and others work on) that @EMPIRETECANDY will then distribute through a thread or direct. I just approved the 4K-T FW last week that I had worked on and had Dahua implement a ton of improvements on. I would highly recommend that one.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Just send you a DM for the new fw, try to upload on the forum, but the forum shows some mistake when upload to 100%, i already contact admin to help this out.

blargh

n3wb
Reaction score
You can either use Dahua standard firmware or the more newly updated ones (with the features, improvements and changes that I and others work on) that @EMPIRETECANDY will then distribute through a thread or direct. I just approved the 4K-T FW last week that I had worked on and had Dahua implement a ton of improvements on. I would highly recommend that one.
I've watched this thread for a while, I appreciate the effort you have put into this! I'm sticking with @EMPIRETECANDY firmware. Thx for the 411!

Vansmak

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just send you a DM for the new fw, try to upload on the forum, but the forum shows some mistake when upload to 100%, i already contact admin to help this out.
Andy - Any luck uploading the new firmware? I just placed my Amazon order a couple days ago and am waiting for it to arrive. Hopefully this hurricane doesn't slow things down too much!

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
The firmware still can't update directly to forum, so will get a dropbox link later this week, here has 5days off for public holidays.
And amazon have the stocks now, not too many, 2.8mm 7pcs, 3.6mm 12pcs