I just ordered one of these and have it running in BI. How do yo get the night mode running?I bought the Wyze V2, used the recommendations above and now the camera is working great in BI.
a few side notes:
- Even though the webgui shows resolution of 1280x720, it appears to be running at 1600 x 900 based on the values in config\video_size.conf. Apparently, you can get full HD if you mess around with the u-boot but the how-to for this is way too vague for someone of my low expertise to try.
- Night mode works, but not automatically. I am curious is there's a way to send an HTTP command to the camera to enable it based on times of day or something to that effect. I currently use a Vera home automation device that sends commands to my BI server to start/stop motion sensing. It'd be awesome if there was a way to do the same for enabling/disabling the IR LED/IR cut on the camera. Incidentally, the camera doesn't have the required sensor for automatic switching. The stock firmware handled this via software whereas openipc doesn't have this ability (currently).
- Out of curiosity, I tried DEFANG Hacks (the code OpenIPC is built on) and found the latest version to cause too many disconnects. OpenIPC has been solid (for the two days I've been using it....). I did blend the steps somewhat. I used DEFANG Hacks for modifying the camera to boot from the SD Card. I then use the OpenIPC files on the card itself once the initial mod had completed. Not sure if this mattered or not but, like i said, it's stable.
Thank you for all of your help in getting this up and running. Even with the night mode being flakey, it's still pretty nice to have a $25 camera performing somewhat similarly to my $75 Amcrest!
Steps I took:
1) follow this tutorial for "Installation of the MicroSD Bootloader" -
2) follow this tutorial for "Installation Instructions Wyze V2" - openipcamera/openipc-firmware
3) follow the steps identified above in post (#53 and #54):
Wyze Cam - Usable with Blue Iris?
Doing that, i get a good picture in Blue Iris that pass through my Vera and onto my apps.
As I understand it night mode isn't working with the custom firmware.I just ordered one of these and have it running in BI. How do yo get the night mode running?
Also When I first set the camera up in BI it was disconnecting a heck of a lot. I messed around with some settings in the config page of the camera and I found that when I checked the "Decoder Compatibility Mode" box the connection was rock solid. Not sure if anyone else has tried this
OK Thanks for the reply,As I understand it night mode isn't working with the custom firmware.
Hi @therealdeal74I just bought this camera during the Amazon deal. I thought it was pretty nice because it works with my Echo Show and can be used with Blue Iris. But there are some disturbing reviews on Amazon that I think need consideration. Reviews are reporting that the camera is sending information to servers out of the country. In another review the person claimed the device was able to change its MAC address and access the internet after being MAC locked into LAN only access. The data is supposed to be sent securely to AWS but apparently it's taking a strange route and also is using a Russian NTP server. Now keep in mind I haven't verified any of this but this is what is stated on several of the Amazon reviews, hopefully someone here will have time to confirm.