5 MegaGixel 1/1.8" low light destroyer for $90-AVOID LONGSE JUNK

zeoclang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

DMY

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It's still too early to tell if the new fw fixed the more glaring issues but it seems it did fix the osd date/time disappearing after ~30min.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's still too early to tell if the new fw fixed the more glaring issues but it seems it did fix the osd date/time disappearing after ~30min.
Does the UI appear to be a tad funky to you? For me, labels and fields are not properly aligned on the UI layout. Other than this odd issue the 7.1.3.3 firmware seems to function well.

And -- other than the 'don't crash and burn' checkbox -- there appear to be no new features. smiley2.gif

DMY

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Everything is aligned correctly here. Did you uninstall the old web plugin?

DMY

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Both of my cameras are still functioning normally.. It's starting to look promising.

DMY

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
One week with zero issues. I recommend anyone with problems to install this firmware.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
One week with zero issues. I recommend anyone with problems to install this firmware.
Yea...I couldn't leave well enough alone...so I've been running 7.1.3.3 on both a Longse IMX178 and also on a Longse IMV323 for a week myself and both cameras appear to be running fine.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Not that I've seen any issues - I'd left it for a bit, but updated an S500 yesterday to the 3516A_IMX178_W_7.1.3.3 firmware, all seems normal.
Other than that Herospeed have implemented a TelnetSwitch via HTTP on port 787 to turn on / turn off the telnet service.

Reaction score
Arial from Longse e-mailed me very early this morning (afternoon her time) asking about my LRDC60S500 camera. I told her it currently provided no video whatsoever, and I was highly disappointed after spending almost $100 to send it back for "repairs" which clearly never occurred. Also that I would not spend any money to return it a second time. We'll see what may or may not come from it. I'm expecting nothing, honestly. :(

Later edit: response: "I think maybe it is not the cameras problem"

Uh, no. It's definitely the camera's problem. :banghead:

Last edited:

zeoclang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was surprised you paid to send it back the first time. I think it is best that you just cut your losses at this point. Some of us just got unlucky and ended up with defective units; the IR on mine just went out.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Arial from Longse e-mailed me very early this morning (afternoon her time) asking about my LRDC60S500 camera. I told her it currently provided no video whatsoever, and I was highly disappointed after spending almost $100 to send it back for "repairs" which clearly never occurred. Also that I would not spend any money to return it a second time. We'll see what may or may not come from it. I'm expecting nothing, honestly. :(

Later edit: response: "I think maybe it is not the cameras problem"

Uh, no. It's definitely the camera's problem. :banghead:
Make sure you send her a link to this thread...Point here to this post as well as my first where I reiterate LONGSE IS A GARBAGE CAMERA MANUFACTURER...DO NOT BUY THIS JUNK. THE CHINA GARBAGE SELLERS NEED TO LEARN THAT ITS 2017 AND WE HAVE INTERNET ACCESS. IF THEY CONTINUE TO SELL GARBAGE AND/OR REFUSE TO WARRANTY REPLACEMENTS THE WORLD WILL KNOW.
They need to spend 5 dollars more on better parts so the camera works longer than 6 months....

Last edited:

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Same here I bit the bullet and thought I'll order some cams for testing with different sensors, of the 5 cams I've ordered the last batch. 2 are not at all working anymore. Not reachable by computer.
They do ping sometimes.
1 of them is the ircut not working from the start.
Another one with a motorised zoom is also broken.
Another one has great night image I must say but after a few weeks I need to. Unplug power because it gets unreachable.
So that's 4 came that are useless.

For warranty u experience the same, they say they pay one way shipping hence I haven't sent them back.
From. The start they are broken and they demand it from. Me. To. Pay shipping again or buy more cameras and add them to the same package.

Funny thing is they forbid me to buy more models. Since I've reached 10 pieces.
I can only order per 10 pieces now.
Which i clearly never will.

I do not recommend the cams for their stability.
The image however is very good., but what point has a none working cam.
I'll stay at Dahua with the next orders.

Very happy that most of the 5mp cams are still working I am using.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
Finally got hooked up with Longse/Herospeed tech tonight, using TeamViewer. Emphasized there were three other cameras on the same POE switch and network link coming into the house, and only the Longse was exhibiting video and network dropouts. Not Foscam, not Dahua, not Reolink - all three other cameras were just fine. When asked if it could be the network card/chip inside the Longse camera, they responded "maybe mainboard problem". They dropped the TeamViewer session shortly after that. I'm just waiting for other Dahua cameras to arrive, then the Longse and Reolink cams are coming down.

One last item: they downloaded a new 7.1.3.6 firmware to my camera tonight. Wonder what changes are in this from the 7.1.3.3 release?

Attachments

Reaction score
Arial@Longse said:
I just talk with tech, and yes, he said it should be the main board problem, i'm feel so sorry about this problem!
so i have apply to my manager to give you a new main board free....

But as the rules, the new free main board will be send with the new order, because if send the board alone, is uneconomical.
so what do you think about it? will you place a new sample order to try it again?
HELL NO!

I'm not going to throw good money after bad

Last edited: