5 MegaGixel 1/1.8" low light destroyer for $90-AVOID LONGSE JUNK

DMY

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You need to update the post title. Don't just stay away from this camera. Stay away from this manufacturer/vendor entirely.
Yup. It's one thing to have a faulty model or models.. Another thing entirely not to properly support them.

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Im still using mine. The IQ is very good but the constant reboots to 1970 piss me off to no end. Feeling like buying something again and the Longse is going to be the victim of another brutal driveway beat-down. SMASH! Im getting to old for the rage sessions lol.

tomw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Guess I am one of the lucky ones...mine has been rock solid. Very happy with it.
Touch wood!

LeeH

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Me too, no problems after a year.

I've never got the motion detection to work though...

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My 5mp cams are luckily the only ones that are without problems. The others are crap

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

i286

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, I am wondering if someone knows how to reset this camera settings when one forgot the password... cam was changed password a few months ago and i cant find the password now... nor any instructions on how to reset the firmware settings and restore to default.
I did a search and there appears to be some other model that has a different hardware layout with a reset button on in the middle of the board.
Mine is not like this tho, its apart but I can not see a reset button.

Help please if you have any suggestions!
Cheers!

Mario

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
i cant find the password now... nor any instructions on how to reset the firmware settings and restore to default.
If you know the firmware version I could quite likely supply you the telnet root password which would allow you to see the web GUI password in plain text in one of the configuration files.

*edit* If you don't know the firmware version - either / both ONVIF Device Manager (sourceforge.net) or Hikvision's SADP tool should show it.

i286

n3wb
Reaction score
Usually a small micro switch on the motherboard. HOLD down while powering on for 30 seconds.
Cheers, I had a good look around but did not see any :/ I took apart the whole camera to bits its assembled again now but its easy to tear apart.

If you know the firmware version I could quite likely supply you the telnet root password which would allow you to see the web GUI password in plain text in one of the configuration files.
I have found 3516A_IMX178_W_6.1.25.3.zip in my download folder from 12/08/2016... so its been a while since I played with it.
Presumably this is the version on the camera, it looks like hikvision login page.

Thanks!
Mario

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Check out your 'Conversations' for a worked example, as below:

Hello,
Hopefully this will help you find the lost password:

Telnet to port 23 on the camera IP address
Login as root with either ***** or ***** as the password.
This will be case sensitive.

When hopefully you get to the '#' prompt, use the command as below.
The username / password are at the top, you hopefully will recognise them.
Use 'q' and 'exit' to get out.

Code:
alastair@PC-I5 ~ $ telnet 192.168.254.16
Trying 192.168.254.16...
Connected to 192.168.254.16.
Escape character is '^]'.

(none) login: root
Password:
Welcome to HiLinux.
None of nfsroot found in cmdline.
~ # cat /param/sysenv.cfg | hd | more
00000000  0d 00 9b 9a 00 2c 00 00  61 64 6d 69 6e 00 00 00  |.....,..admin...|
00000010  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  |................|
00000020  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  61 64 6d 69 6e 00 00 00  |........admin...|
00000030  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  |................|

i286

n3wb
Reaction score
You are the super champion of the people! Got in and the password was one of the ones I was trying but I didn't realize I changed one of the characters to a special character.

Very much awesome :) thanks again
Mario

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Well done!
That was quick.
Just a closing comment - if ever you do update the camera firmware to the 7.x version from Herospeed, they have secured the telnet access in a fairly novel way, so the simple root hash crack, though still necessary, is no longer sufficient.
However - where there is a will, there is a way, and due to a bit of a flaw in how they have implemented the logic, it's pretty easy to bypass the new security completely.
Without even opening the case to sneak a look at the serial console.
So no need to have a copy of their app which works out the individual enable password from certain camera attributes and XORs with an odd string "KCUF".

This applies to the 7.x firmware for others in the large range of cameras from longse / cantonk / besafe etc. that use Herospeed firmware.
So if you do update the firmware - best make a note of the password in use - or come visiting ipcamtalk.com !

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Super champion of the people???

I heard that when Alastair Stevenson was headed out to the pub he turned to his wife and said, 'Put your hat and coat on lassie.'

She replied, 'Awe Alastair that's nice - are you taking me to the pub with you?'

'Nah, I'm just switching the central heating off while I'm oot.'

i286

n3wb
Reaction score
Well done!
That was quick.
Just a closing comment - if ever you do update the camera firmware to the 7.x version from Herospeed, they have secured the telnet access in a fairly novel way, so the simple root hash crack, though still necessary, is no longer sufficient.
However - where there is a will, there is a way, and due to a bit of a flaw in how they have implemented the logic, it's pretty easy to bypass the new security completely.
Without even opening the case to sneak a look at the serial console.
So no need to have a copy of their app which works out the individual enable password from certain camera attributes and XORs with an odd string "KCUF".

This applies to the 7.x firmware for others in the large range of cameras from longse / cantonk / besafe etc. that use Herospeed firmware.
So if you do update the firmware - best make a note of the password in use - or come visiting ipcamtalk.com !
hehe, tho I am no *NIX expert I can work my way around so that helps, the command tho... very handy
Very interesting you mention that 7.x firmwares... I may have just flashed 3516A_IMX178_W_7.1.3.6.zip but its flakey and slow interface. Trying another reset on it or may see if can downgrade to 3516A_IMX178_W_7.1.3.3.zip which by the looks of it had good reports.
EDIT: Re-installed the plugin and seems to be working better... even tho it was the one I had to upgrade to after installing the firmware.

I am intrigued in finding out more about the firmware as it is fascinating but currently time is poor.

Thanks again and this time I used lastpass...
Mario

Last edited: