5 MegaGixel 1/1.8" low light destroyer for $90-AVOID LONGSE JUNK

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just out of interest, I asked the Ali seller I got mine from if he'd ask Longse if it's possible to get a true 16:9 1920x1080 image with a firmware update. This is the reply he received:

the model's sensor is IMX178, please refer the character from Sony Webpage: http://www.sony.net/Products/SC-HP/new_pro/september_2013/imx178lqj_e.html.
Its "all-pixel scan" is 3072 (H) × 2048 (V), (1.50:1) , when you set up 1920 * 1080P (1.78:1), the image is being compressed. so the image looks not like 16:9. But it is nornal. so it can not be solved by a firmware.

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I picked up a bullet version for testing direct from Longse (i need 3 axis)...will mess with it after work, but i did notice that while mine is POE it does not have the large poe exterior box like the one @atom purchased. I did test it and the poe is working, its just built into the camera like hiks..
If you're going to be using it with BI @fenderman, I'll be very interested to see if you are able to maintain a stable connection without regular (roughly hourly in my case) dropouts.

The built in POE is a bonus. That box-on-cable just means a bigger hole or junction box is needed otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If you're going to be using it with BI @fenderman, I'll be very interested to see if you are able to maintain a stable connection without regular (roughly hourly in my case) dropouts.

The built in POE is a bonus. That box-on-cable just means a bigger hole or junction box is needed otherwise.
Yes, it will be used with BI, I will let you know.

tomw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Perhaps, but other cams I have don't have issue with handling day/night transition. I don't really want or want to spend time to mess with scripts, it would be more cost effective just to buy another cam that work .
Agree it would be good if they included this - kind of obvious huh! I have also contacted my vendor...but do not hold out any hope.

in the mean time, I am using a simple web-page automation tool called iMacros (http://imacros.net/overview) to autologin and change the setting via the gui. Just run this on a scedule (Windows task Sceduler) and presto - happy days. iMacros is so easy to use - just like recording a macro in say excel. Click record and then record it :) 30 day free demo - but crazy expensive to buy.

Once i prove this approach is viable, i'll switch over to another freeware option like Selenium (http://www.seleniumhq.org/) or AutoIT (https://www.autoitscript.com/site/) - steeper learning curve but free and very powerful :)

Anyway, out of interest, here is the script imacro produces. the "25" is the frame rate setting.

Code:
TAB T=1
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
URL GOTO=http://192.168.40.11/login.asp
SET !ENCRYPTION NO
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:PASSWORD ATTR=ID:password CONTENT=admin
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Login
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Config
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Video<SP>Settings
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Video<SP>Parameter
FRAME F=1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD FORM=NAME:outcfg_frm ATTR=ID:AWB_td
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:outcfg_frm ATTR=NAME:selAEMaxTime CONTENT=%25
TAG POS=1 TYPE=LABEL FORM=NAME:outcfg_frm ATTR=ID:btnSaveSumbit

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Who is your vendor? I am going through Longse Alibaba contact. He did send me a new firmware as what fenderman has, but no difference. I will post this in first post.

Some more blurriness... Can't even tell whether it's female or male.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Still image great, shame about the blurred vision. That's a woman right? How can the police not find her with that kind of damning evidence.

Looks like I'm holding off on one of these then. Really want to waste more money on one though!

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is she walking fast/jogging/running? Luckily people up to no good tend to move very slowly. I also noticed in your video posted a while back that the motion blur seems to decrease as the person got further away from the cam.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, I love the static image and if you have more light you will probably not see the blurriness, Auto Exposure just trying to compensate and drops shutter below 1/25. This is the same effect if you manually set your Hikvision to 1/3

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Is she walking fast/jogging/running? Luckily people up to no good tend to move very slowly. I also noticed in your video posted a while back that the motion blur seems to decrease as the person got further away from the cam.
She may have been walking faster then normal, but not running by any means. Very slow walk could be ok, I need to double check. As you noted the blurriness gets worse as subject approaches the cam and as mentioned before if I set shutter to 1/25 manually it's no longer an issue hence my assumption that they are using shutter below 1/25 in Auto mode which gets you brighter picture at a cost of motion quality.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
@atom. Can you please tell what firmware is yours?

EDIT: I guess I am not imagining things, the firmware did fix the blurriness issue! But, I noticed that camera now has gaps in recordings after upgrade to latest firmware. I've reset it and now using all default settings (no motion blur!), so we'll see if this persists.

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@atom. Can you please tell what firmware is yours?

EDIT: I guess I am not imagining things, the firmware did fix the blurriness issue! But, I noticed that camera now has gaps in recordings after upgrade to latest firmware. I've reset it and now using all default settings (no motion blur!), so we'll see if this persists.

3516A_IMX178_X_5.1.48.5

I can't see the image @klasipca, and if I try to go to the URL I jsut get ads and stuff. I take it that it's all good now with 5.1.51.3?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
3516A_IMX178_X_5.1.48.5

I can't see the image @klasipca, and if I try to go to the URL I jsut get ads and stuff. I take it that it's all good now with 5.1.51.3?
The image shows gaps in recordings, but after reset recordings are solid. I am happy camper so far.

Reaction score
Re: 5 MegaGixel 1/1.8&quot; low light destroyer for $90

Hi,

Is the latest firmware available to download. Just installed a LRDC60S500 and would be good to try it out.

Regards
Rob

Edit: just noticed the attachment in the first post. Will try it out and report back

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Re: 5 MegaGixel 1/1.8&quot; low light destroyer for $90

Hi,

Is the latest firmware available to download. Just installed a LRDC60S500 and would be good to try it out.

Regards
Rob

Edit: just noticed the attachment in the first post. Will try it out and report back
Yup, it's good to go. Make sure to do factory reset after, I had some weird behavior afterwards with the image and recordings

Reaction score
All upgraded, including factory reset. Unfortunately its getting light here now so wont be able to check for improvements until tonight.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Everything looks solid now with my camera, beautiful night image with no motion blur. Gaps in recording resolved too after factory reset.

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Everything looks solid now with my camera, beautiful night image with no motion blur. Gaps in recording resolved too after factory reset.
Sounds good klasipca! I'll have to give mine another try with the new firmware, and see if the BI connection issues still occur.

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Firmware updated (thanks), factory reset. Odd thing is, when I enable it it BI, CPU usage jumps by 20 to 25% (over the existing 16 cams enabled and on screen). This is at max resolution, 25fps, 8000 Kbps, no recording or motion detection in BI. I've reduced the resolution to 2048x1536 and now it's accounting for about 10 to 15% extra usage. Hardware acccel is enable globally and set to default for this cam, and I have restarted BI after each change in the cam's settings.

Anyway, I'll leave it running for the arvo and see if it still drops out. Would be great if it's stable!